Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mega Millions Lotto Jackpot: $640 MILLION (Drawing on 3/30/12) (2, 4, 23, 38, 46, MB:23)

Ellis

Just got 10 quick pick tickets. I know I probably just did the equivalent of shredding ten bucks but oh well. Can't win if you don't play.

Plus you still have 10 chances at the $250,000. ;) I'd be happy just to be one of the 50 + tickets that hit 5 out of 6.

As awesome as that would be...imagine how much it would suck hitting on that once in a lifetime thing and not setting yourself up for life...

True. :ols: This is the one time that hitting that $250 grand would be so damn depressing knowing you missed the money ball number and losing out on half a billion.

---------- Post added March-29th-2012 at 06:11 PM ----------

What's worse (and I don't mean payout)

Hitting all 5 #'s and not the mega #? Or hitting 4 #'s and the mega #?

Which one would drive you more bonkers? :ols:

Hitting the 5 #'s and not the mega ball would send me over the edge. Wow that would be hard to get over. :(

Chances of being killed by a lightning strike: 2,290,000 to 1

Chances of lightning striking you: 587,000 to 1

Chances of being murdered: 19,000 to 1

Chances of getting away with murder: 2 to 1

Chances of getting a royal flush in poker with first 5 cards dealt: 655,750 to 1

Chances that a 1st marriage will survive without separation/divorce for fifteen years: 1.4 to 1

Chances that a marriage comprising two celebrities will last a lifetime: 4 to 1

Chances of becoming the United States president: 10,000,000 to 1

Chances of dating a super model: 89,200 to 1

Odds of getting a hole in one in golf: 5,000 to 1

Chances of becoming an astronaut: 12,100,000 to 1

Chances of winning a Olympic medal: 655,000 to 1

Chances of being killed by parts falling from a plane: 10,000,000 to 1

Chances of being killed by a shark: 3 hundred million to 1

Chances of being injured by fireworks: 22,000 to 1

Chances of being injured from operating a chainsaw: 5,100 to 1

Chances of being injured by mowing the lawn: 3,554 to 1

Chances of fatally slipping in bathtub/shower: 3,333 to 1

Chances of drowning in the bathtub: 693,000 to 1

Chances of being killed next year from any form of transportation accident: 87 to 1

Chances of being killed on a five kilometer bus ride: 450,000,000 to 1

Chances of developing hemorrhoids: 28 to 1

Chances of twins being born: 90 to 1

Chances of being on airplane with a drunk pilot: 115 to 1

Chances of being IRS-audited: 180 to 1

Chances of marrying a millionaire: 220 to 1

Chances of writing a New-York Times best-selling book: 228 to 1

Chances that your son/daughter is a genius: 265 to 1

Odds of catching a foul ball or home run at professional baseball game:776 to 1

Chances of becoming a professional athlete: 24,550 to 1

Chances of winning a Hollywood Oscar award: 12,200 to 1

Chances of sighting a U.F.O. today: 3,200,000 to 1

Chances of winning California's lottery: 13,000,000 to 1

Chances that you will become a saint: 22,540,000 to 1

Chances of having your identity swiped: 200 to 1

Chances of a meteor hitting your home: 182,138,800,000,000 to 1

Chances of an asteroid hitting Earth in the next hundred years: 1 in 5,500

Chances of dying from an asteroid hitting Earth: 20,000 to 1

Chances of being killed in an airplane accident: 355,318 to 1

Chances of being executed for capital punishment: 1 in 3,221,700

Odds of hitting mega millions jackpot: 1:175,711,536

If I am not mistaken, I was watching one of those shows like "how the lottery changed my life" and they said on there gifts to family and friends have to be capped at like 12,500 each for tax reasons. It was something to that effect. You could obviously give whatever you wanted but I think this guy was saying he structured his gifts that way so he didnt get burned on taxes.

So for our lucky winners, have you figured out how you'll tell all your friends and family you can't buy them a house? :ols:

I don't know why you would quit doing your job if you won

I mean I need something to do all day

Just because I win 500 mil doesn't mean I'm going to stay home all day and post on ES and sleep and play games :ols:

Gotta be productive

Yeah, I've told myself that, but the amount of work you'd have to do to manage that amount of money would be ridiculous. I'd need to hire a lawyer and an accountant right off the bat to make sure I put myself in the best possible position. I'd love to be able to claim that money anonymously. With that amount of money it's hard to burn through it, but let's say you only won $10 million, you'd need to have to have a plan or else you'd burn through it. I think that's where the productivity would come into play.

I dread the call from my priest angling for their cut. I plan on donating to charity but moreso in the form of setting up a foundation. That way 10% of it could be used into perpetuity as opposed to spent in a one-off.

Just because I win 500 mil doesn't mean I'm going to stay home all day and post on ES and sleep and play games :ols:

Gotta be productive

I'm much more of a "work to live" person. I have enough hobbies and interests that I could easily stay busy and happy without my 9-to-5. I definitely wouldn't keep going to work if I won that amount of money. Plus like you said, there's lots of ESing to be done. :pfft:

Gotta be productive

I think managing your money would be an almost full time job.

---------- Post added March-29th-2012 at 07:05 PM ----------

Yeah, I've told myself that, but the amount of work you'd have to do to manage that amount of money would be ridiculous. I'd need to hire a lawyer and an accountant right off the bat to make sure I put myself in the best possible position. I'd love to be able to claim that money anonymously. With that amount of money it's hard to burn through it, but let's say you only won $10 million, you'd need to have to have a plan or else you'd burn through it. I think that's where the productivity would come into play.

Beat me to it.

If I am not mistaken, I was watching one of those shows like "how the lottery changed my life" and they said on there gifts to family and friends have to be capped at like 12,500 each for tax reasons. It was something to that effect. You could obviously give whatever you wanted but I think this guy was saying he structured his gifts that way so he didnt get burned on taxes.

That's pretty much what I'd do. I wouldn't make anyone rich.

Me neither. Except for a trust fund for my children. If I won, during the press conference the first thing I would say is that anyone who asks me for anything will be cutout from the start. We obviously know the people who have helped us in our lives and we all probably have some ideas of the charities we would help. However if anyone, including family members ask for anything then the answer would be no forever.

That's pretty much what I'd do. I wouldn't make anyone rich.

---------- Post added March-29th-2012 at 11:19 PM ----------

Thank you sir. Just improved my chances for Friday. Now if I don't hit I pray that you do! If I hit a mil your way!

Cactitle wins the million. Thanks for playing bro.

I would like to inform my ES brethren, that the thought has occurred to me that roughly half of the money spent on lottery tickets actually goes to the jackpot winner.

Which means that, if I win, then some of the money I will will have come from all of you ESers who bought tickets.

Therefore, I wish to announce, here and now, that if I win, I will not forget the debt that I owe to my fellow ES posters.

I'll give you your 50 cents back.

Archived