Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mega Millions Lotto Jackpot: $640 MILLION (Drawing on 3/30/12) (2, 4, 23, 38, 46, MB:23)

Ellis

This is the highest jackpot in history and the value of the jackpot will go up between now and Friday as more tickets are purchased.

But don't bother running out to buy your tickets, people... I've got the winning numbers riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight here. ;)

:D

Congrats. Don't spend it all in one place.

I do hope the one (or so) that wins will be smart about it.

---------- Post added March-28th-2012 at 01:05 PM ----------

Odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 175 million.

So if you have 175M it is a win.

Perhaps one of these billionaires will spend the 175 to make an investment.

Lotto: A tax on people who can't do math.

So? How is that different than playing a slot machine? Or having a beer (which is hard to do for less than $1).

Let's see.

$5 that allows be to dream that my life is better come the next drawing...or $5 that I spend on a few beers that lets me dream that my life is better while I drink them.

:ols:

---------- Post added March-28th-2012 at 10:56 AM ----------

Or $5 that I can put into a bank and retire on in 28 years and spend that fortune I amassed on the ****tiest part of my life, the part that comes after 65.

gotta play to win

Pa used to use a lottery slogan that said you can't win if you don't play. It should have said you can't win if you do play. You have way way better odds of being struck by lightening getting your ticket than hitting the jackpot.

Half a billion is tempting though. If I won it i would live in paranoia the rest of my life.

So if you have 175M it is a win.

Perhaps one of these billionaires will spend the 175 to make an investment.

Any if you spend 178m for every number combination in order to guarantee a win, you are super screwed if 1 or more other people hit the jackpot too and you have to split to prize.

Also the 476m jackpot probably has a cash value, after taxes, of less than $178m.

So no dice there either way.

Pa used to use a lottery slogan that said you can't win if you don't play. It should have said you can't win if you do play. You have way way better odds of being struck by lightening getting your ticket than hitting the jackpot.

No problem. I don't need the jackpot. I'd be happy with the $250,000 that a couple ppl in MD won last night.

$5 that allows be to dream that my life is better come the next drawing

My father doesn't play unless the jackpot gets up into higher ranges, but this was his basic thought. It buys you a dream for a few hours or days, so why the hell not. He buys tickets once or twice a year at most; it's a nice casual attitude to have about the whole thing.

Or $5 that I can put into a bank and retire on in 28 years and spend that fortune I amassed on the ****tiest part of my life, the part that comes after 65.

Hope this was sarcastic, I see plenty of people that age traveling, out running, etc.

Odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 175 million.

I've got a plan. Who wants to front me $176,000,000? I plan to buy 175,000,000 tickets and spend $1,000,000 to hire nerds to come up with a way to print out 175,000,000 tickets with different numbers on each ticket. If we take the lump sum, we will double our money.*

*As long as no one else has a winning ticket.

Archived