Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mega Millions Lotto Jackpot: $640 MILLION (Drawing on 3/30/12) (2, 4, 23, 38, 46, MB:23)

Ellis

Someone making millions of dollars?

He makes about 1.4 or 1.5 mil per season. That's nothing for an NBA player. It's stupid, because putting that much money doesn't give you that much more of an opportunity of winning than a simple $1 ticket would. Not to mention, someone has to actually check all those tickets.

He would have been better off taking that $10,000 and laying it on UK to win the title.

Maybe you should get Twitter so you can blast him...you can blast so many athletes on Twitter. Just tweet at @Stras37 and tell him the Braves own him

Would be perfect for you

Nah, I wouldn't do that to Strasburg. I wouldn't even do it to Singleton. Just find it hard to believe a guy would drop that kind of money on the lottery. It's not my money, though.

I'm waiting on Twitter until I get a smartphone. I keep putting off getting one.

http://news.yahoo.com/kansas-man-struck-lightning-hours-buying-lottery-tickets-203600215.html

A Kansas man was struck by lightning hours after buying three Mega Millions lottery tickets on Thursday, proving in real life the old saying that a gambler is more likely to be struck down from the sky than win the jackpot.

Bill Isles, 48, bought three tickets in the record $656 million lottery Thursday at a Wichita, Kansas grocery store.

On the way to his car, Isles said he commented to a friend: "I've got a better chance of getting struck by lightning" than winning the lottery.

Later at about 9:30 p.m., Isles was standing in the back yard of his Wichita duplex, when he saw a flash and heard a boom -- lightning.

"It threw me to the ground quivering," Isles said in a telephone interview on Saturday. "It kind of scrambled my brain and gave me an irregular heartbeat."

Would have been nice to win, but I'd rather win the 12 million on Tuesday now that it has rolled over. Much "easier" to manage and enough to fulfill my dreams.

Btw, I hope these winners don't come forward for awhile, but there is always one that will claim it too fast without any planning.

• 2 weeks later...

5.jpg

image from http://www.sacbee.com/2012/04/10/4404631/maryland-mega-millions-winners.html

(which weirdly enough, the sacbee article would not allow me to copy and paste any text)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/10/mega-mystery-solved-winning-maryland-lottery-ticket-claimed/

Three Maryland public school system employees won a share of the record Mega Millions $656 jackpot, lottery officials announced Tuesday, ending a mystery that involved a McDonald's employee who claimed she had the golden ticket.

Maryland Lottery Director Stephen Martino said the employees, who will remain anonymous, will each receive $34.997 million after taxes. The trio bought a total of 60 tickets at three different locations throughout the state, or a total investment of $20 per person for the $218.6 million portion of the grand prize.

Three Maryland public school system employees won a share of the record Mega Millions $656 jackpot, lottery officials announced Tuesday, ending a mystery that involved a McDonald's employee who claimed she had the golden ticket.

Maryland Lottery Director Stephen Martino said the employees, who will remain anonymous, will each receive $34.997 million after taxes. The trio bought a total of 60 tickets at three different locations throughout the state, or a total investment of $20 per person for the $218.6 million portion of the grand prize.

• 7 months later...

Archived