Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mega Millions Lotto Jackpot: $640 MILLION (Drawing on 3/30/12) (2, 4, 23, 38, 46, MB:23)

Ellis

Wow, talk about depressing.

I think (hope) that my family are sane enough not to try to kill me if I don't give them money.

Agree about setting up the will right away, though. Seems a smart move.

Sadly, I have extended family that I know for a fact would show up with their hands out. But they're also people I'd have no trouble telling to get lost, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't try to kill me. Pretty sure.

Anyway, for anyone who cares, you can put your numbers in here:

http://www.usamega.com/mega-millions-search.asp

To see what prizes they've ever won before. I did "$150 and above" and found out that two of my number combinations have won that much previously, but never anything higher. So if you believe in new combos coming up each time, I guess that's working in my favor :ols:

Well I have to say, since my chances are infinitesimal and apparently every number combination has been bought, I hope the winner is someone in the middle class. Wealthy people don't really need it, and my general feeling from reading lottery horror stories is that poorer winners fall victim to family handouts and scams. So I hope it's someone with a decent life made much better, a good financial head on their shoulders, and with a willingness to do some good.

Well I have to say, since my chances are infinitesimal and apparently every number combination has been bought, I hope the winner is someone in the middle class. Wealthy people don't really need it, and my general feeling from reading lottery horror stories is that poorer winners fall victim to family handouts and scams. So I hope it's someone with a decent life made much better, a good financial head on their shoulders, and with a willingness to do some good.

You know some trust fund kids as a "wouldn't it be funny" joke over snifters of rare aperitifs that I've never heard of bought a $100 worth of tickets. You know, just for fun.

does the lottery commission know if people won or not right after the drawing?

I think I read an article earlier today that said they would know by tomorrow morning if a winning ticket was sold and what location.

Archived