Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Indy could go with The LUCKy Horseshoe Or the Tres

KDawg

This. The fans would burn Indy to the ground if they took RG3. Go take a look at their boards and see for yourselves.

Poll on a Colts message board: RGIII or Luck

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56173

70 to 3 want Luck

And this seems to be the thinking by almost everyone over there:

Truthfully, they aren't even close as prospects for the NFL. Andrew Luck is far and away the better prospect.

http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58917&page=2

Man I'd hate to be a Colts fan right now.

Andrew Luck was in a league all by himself but now there are very real rumblings that Griffin might be the better player. I'd still take Luck over Griffin but I'll be thrilled with whichever one drops to us.

We get to sit back and know we are getting a potential franchise QB no matter what happens. The choice is not in our hands. But Colts fans are wringing their hands not wanting to "make a mistake" and pick the "lesser" of the two.

Things were alot easier and fun for them when it was Andrew Luck and everyone else.

For a few hours I thought Indy would take RG3. I was quelled from that.

And then I watched Luck's pro day. No way that kid isn't going number 1. If he falls to us, so be it. He's amazing. And this coming from someone who is so married to the idea of RG3 that it hurts.

The Colts know who their pick is. Could it be Luck? Sure, it could be. But I think the Colts already have their mind made up. We'll see that when all, or at least most, of the Colts staff shows up for Luck's Pro Day.

I don't think they'll pass up on Luck, but I thought this was funny enough to quote.

But surely you don't deny that more than a couple ES'ers have already pre-ordered their RGIII Skins jerseys and coffee mugs? ;)

I've held this back long enough & had almost forgotten about until seeing this post. :)

That Saturday during the Combine, I received word that if you were to have had ordered your RG3 custom jersey that day, you wouldn't have been disappointed. Unless you wanted the Nike version. :)

The state of Indiana is 85% white, while DC is 50% black. From a marketing perspective it makes sense for the Colts to choose Luck and for us to take RGIII.

Not that it matters. Both guys are as elite as QB prospects get, and both seem like safe bets to be very good NFL QBs, barring injuries. We'll take the "leftovers" from the Colts and both franchises will be grinning ear-to-ear.

In my opinion, this is simply a hot streak RGIII is riding. His popularity is at an all time high. People forget that as he was establishing himself with an impressive senior year, Luck was already seen as the best prospect since Elway and did nothing to damper that. In my opinion he fits any type of offensive style that RGIII fits. Luck is built to take a beating, fast enough to outrun it and has a rare football mind for being so young. I do not see any scenario in which RGIII is taken above Luck. I love RGIII and think he will be great as well, but there are far too many people losing judgement. Not intended at Kdawg, just people in general.

Excellent post.

The state of Indiana is 85% white, while DC is 50% black. From a marketing perspective it makes sense for the Colts to choose Luck and for us to take RGIII.

Not that it matters. Both guys are as elite as QB prospects get, and both seem like safe bets to be very good NFL QBs, barring injuries. We'll take the "leftovers" from the Colts and both franchises will be grinning ear-to-ear.

This would have been better minus the full-retard speculation.

Oh wow this is silly.

I'm glad we have someone here with such a keen marketing eye.

I've said this is 2 posts already but Anyone who saw NFL LIVE today heard Polian say that 1. Irsay's mind has been made up and Luck is the guy. 2. The decision to draft Luck was made before he left the organization. 3. Luck is more of a fit than RG3 in their offense. 4. "Welcome to Indianapolis, Andrew".

Now everyone please stop this nonsense...

I've said this is 2 posts already but Anyone who saw NFL LIVE today heard Polian say that 1. Irsay's mind has been made up and Luck is the guy. 2. The decision to draft Luck was made before he left the organization. 3. Luck is more of a fit than RG3 in their offense. 4. "Welcome to Indianapolis, Andrew".

What offense? Even with the addition of Luck that team is probably going to be selecting in the top 6 again.

Exactly what I said too! I saw it as well! Polian said that they are already set to pick Luck. This really is just a media debate and a way for them to stir up the pot before the draft. Luck will be #1. End of story.

North and South Carolina are both about 70% white. There must be an absolute uproar to trade Cam Newton right now. Your marketing skills fall short only of your logic skills.

I have to be honest, at this point even though they both project to be great, if we don't get RG3 I will by majorly disappointed on draft day. That isn't because I dislike Luck, quite the contrary... I just like RG3 that much more. As much as I'm sure it's a foregone conclusion and a done deal...there is a small something in me that wont be relieved until RG3 is up there at the holding a Redskins #1 jersey....well actually when Luck is holding a Colts jersey with the #1 pick overall. I know I should be glad to have the opportunity to get either the way this franchise has been for too long with lack of a true franchise QB....but I have to be honest with my feelings.

It really is kind of weird.It was like Luck was impossible for us to get,so now I'm in love with the idea of having RG3.Now you have people saying theres a chance we might have to settle for Luck,and even though I shouldn't feel dissapointed I think I might.

I think a lot of people here have just become emotionally attached. The team has been down for so many years and to see any ray of hope we become attracted to it. That ray of hope has been Griffin this season. He's been our radar for a while. Luck just seemed too good to be true for us Washington fans, but Griffin seems just right. I don't think the Colts will take a chance on their QB and go with Luck, but RGIII is going to bring some fun football to Washington. Change is coming

Colts just hired a new GM - Ryan Grigson, new OC- Bruce Arians, and new head coach - Chuck Pagano

Just doing some quick google searches I have found that Grigson has basically just been a scout for a while -

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...n-Grigson.html

and hasn't done much except cut Peyton Manning and release a bunch of other guys from the Colt's roster - http://blogs.indystar.com/philb/2012...t-got-tougher/

Chuck Pagano doesn't seem to factor in to this decision too much as he is a former DC from the Ravens. I doubt having worked with Flacco will be much help in deciding between Luck or RGIII.

Bruce Arians the new OC is coming form the Steelers, where it seems his performance wasn't good enough and he was retired for a whole 8 days, haha. - "During his time as coordinator, he turned the Steelers from a run-first team to a pass-heavy one to better suit Roethlisberger."

- http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/75...ve-coordinator

So wouldn't a guy with that history of going away from the run and being pass heavy prefer a Luck over an RGIII?

My thinking is that Luck has the body type more similar to Roethlisberger and Manning and that although Roethlisberger can be evasive (seriously, he is impossible to tackle to the ground at times) he is pretty money from the pocket a la Luck. Story today talked about Luck breaking the huddle with 3 possible plays every time and calling it from scrimmage; that is just pure PM18 sounding to me.

My gut says Colts will go for Luck, but the fear of disappointment now that RG3inDC has fully infected my brain (in a good way) is just straight up scary.

Obviously the Colts fans think we are idiots for making this trade and since I have checked back to the Colts Fan Forum they pretty much just go back and forth arguing about Phil Simms and the trash he talked about Luck. That message board is a complete joke compared to ES... we are very lucky to have such a great place to share intelligent conversation about all things Redskins and all things in general, well intelligent some of the time ;)

(http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/t...-for-2nd-pick/)

I did think it was strange to hear that only the QB coach for the Colts showed up where as our full fleet of FO showed. Our we just doing our due diligence or does Indy already have their mind made up, or both?

Man! I wish I was a psychic, then I could rest easy every night and never have to stress over all the craziness on ES.

I think Indy has had their mind made up for a while now. As I said in the Luck Pro Day thread, those guys were probably only there to report back if they saw some ridiculous red flag...like Luck completely forgot how to hold a football or he showed up drunk and stoned with a car full of transvestite hookers. So after the pro day they probably called the head honcho guys and said "Yep, he is still amazing". And that was that.

I think Indy has had their mind made up for a while now. As I said in the Luck Pro Day thread, those guys were probably only there to report back if they saw some ridiculous red flag...like Luck completely forgot how to hold a football or he showed up drunk and stoned with a car full of transvestite hookers. So after the pro day they probably called the head honcho guys and said "Yep, he is still amazing". And that was that.

QB Coach: It appears he forgot how to throw.

Irsay: Don't care.

QB Coach: Wait...what?

Irsay: We'll teach him.

QB Coach: Um, sir...seriously. He forgot how to throw. He stared at the ball for like, ten minutes straight. Didn't know what to do. Damndest thing I've ever seen. It was kind of sad. He started crying.

Irsay: ...Yup. Still gonna pick him.

QB Coach: Sir, I don't think that'd be a good...

Irsay: You're fired.

QB Coach: What!?

Irsay: RYAN! GET ME A NEW QUARTERBACK COACH!

QB Coach: It appears he forgot how to throw.

Irsay: Don't care.

QB Coach: Wait...what?

Irsay: We'll teach him.

QB Coach: Um, sir...seriously. He forgot how to throw. He stared at the ball for like, ten minutes straight. Didn't know what to do. Damndest thing I've ever seen. It was kind of sad. He started crying.

Irsay: ...Yup. Still gonna pick him.

QB Coach: Sir, I don't think that'd be a good...

Irsay: You're fired.

QB Coach: What!?

Irsay: RYAN! GET ME A NEW QUARTERBACK COACH!

amazing! 4 thumbs up if I had them, haha

It would have been pretty crazy for some transvestite hookers to be rolling deep with Luck. I would love to see how ESPN would play that headline

Archived