Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Indy could go with The LUCKy Horseshoe Or the Tres

KDawg

Your definition of fact is a HELL of a lot different than the actual definition.

I've, in my opinion, effectively argued that there are reasons why Indy COULD choose Griffin. You admitted there's a chance, albeit a small one, that they do go that route. That doesn't fit the definition of "A thing that is indisputably the case".

Again, your opinion is not a fact.

It's an educated, and probably correct, guess.

Well, I was agreeing that there is a chance, but you have to admit, my "educated guess" is probably closer to the fact then some would like to admit. Don't take it as I'm bashing your thread, because I'm not. I've always enjoyed any thread you've started and you've taught me alot about the X's and O's of football I didn't know. But the laws of probability say Luck will have a horseshoe on his head in April.

Just because someone has been looked at for two years doesn't make him the better choice. Knowledgable, smart people have known about Griffin's ability and skills for the better part of 2-3 years. If you're drafting Luck #1, the reason damn well better not be: "We heard about him a year ago". There better be some concrete information there. Now, there is with Luck, he's a stud. But the argument that he's been talked about for two years is growing tiresome. That's not a valid reason to draft someone.

He's been at the top for two plus years and remains. That is a factor I'd consider. At the very least, he's able to handle pressure.

Well, I was agreeing that there is a chance, but you have to admit, my "educated guess" is probably closer to the fact then some would like to admit. Don't take it as I'm bashing your thread, because I'm not. I've always enjoyed any thread you've started and you've taught me alot about the X's and O's of football I didn't know. But the laws of probability say Luck will have a horseshoe on his head in April.

I didn't take it as a slight. I'm just confused. The OP stated that I believed Luck would be a Colt. Several times. I also stated this wasn't a Luck vs. RG3 thread. I also stated that the purpose of the OP was to show that it was POSSIBLE and to give reasons that the Colts flip the script and take Griffin. It was never some sort of ground breaking piece designed to show that the Colts had changed their mind. Just that it was possible.

I think I accomplished that.

I've said it several times, and I'll say it again now: I believe Luck is going to be a Colt.

At the very least, he's able to handle pressure.

This I agree with. Good point.

I didn't take it as a slight. I'm just confused. The OP stated that I believed Luck would be a Colt. Several times. I also stated this wasn't a Luck vs. RG3 thread. I also stated that the purpose of the OP was to show that it was POSSIBLE and to give reasons that the Colts flip the script and take Griffin. It was never some sort of ground breaking piece designed to show that the Colts had changed their mind. Just that it was possible.

I think I accomplished that.

I've said it several times, and I'll say it again now: I believe Luck is going to be a Colt.

Ok. No problem. You have your view, some of us have ours. That's what its all about in here. I just wanted you to know that I was not trying to put down the OP and generally do enjoy your threads even if we don't always agree on a view.

Ok. No problem. You have your view, some of us have ours. That's what its all about in here. I just wanted you to know that I was not trying to put down the OP and generally do enjoy your threads even if we don't always agree on a view.

Since you're a reasonable, smart person, I'll throw this question at you in hopes of an explanation that makes some kind of sense to me:

If the OP's purpose was to show there's a chance the Colts could take Griffin... And us getting Griffin is not a certainty until the draft actually occurs, how is a different viewpoint possible on that issue? Absolutely nothing is set in titanium (I got you, GHH). Even if I give you the 99.99% figure of Griffin falling to us... There IS still a .01%. To me, that doesn't sound like our views are so different. We're both operating with the assumption that it could happen. Again, this isn't meant as a jab, or a sarcastic question. I'm serious. And I respect you enough to ask you for why this is the case...

The thing is, Polian even said they decided on Luck before even the combine. Why else would they let Manning loose? To draft a RG3, who by all means, still has a few things to learn before taking a snap in the NFL? I don't think so, they are getting the completely polished QB out of Stanford.

Since you're a reasonable, smart person, I'll throw this question at you in hopes of an explanation that makes some kind of sense to me:

If the OP's purpose was to show there's a chance the Colts could take Griffin... And us getting Griffin is not a certainty until the draft actually occurs, how is a different viewpoint possible on that issue? Absolutely nothing is set in titanium (I got you, GHH). Even if I give you the 99.99% figure of Griffin falling to us... There IS still a .01%. To me, that doesn't sound like our views are so different. We're both operating with the assumption that it could happen. Again, this isn't meant as a jab, or a sarcastic question. I'm serious. And I respect you enough to ask you for why this is the case...

I guess because no matter how many times our minds know or think we're set on getting Griffin, as Redskin fans we have this little voice in the backs of our heads that say, "things won't go as we planned." I think we're both on the same page, but we keep sidetracking ourselves into a debate. I'm not sure how that happened. Oh well. It's Friday and I'm ready for the weekend.

The thing is' date=' Polian even said they decided on Luck before even the combine. Why else would they let Manning loose? To draft a RG3, who by all means, still has a few things to learn before taking a snap in the NFL? I don't think so, they are getting the completely polished QB out of Stanford.[/quote']

I don't think many, if any, have believed the Colts right through this process would take anyone else bar Luck. He's in a class of own and the most pro-ready guy since the last one they themselves drafted 14 years back. I personally have hoped right through, and still do, that they'll shock us all and draft Griffin. But the key word there is 'hope.' I can't sit down and write that the Colts will definitely take Luck whilst there's still that chance, however slim, that they might not. What's been amusing right through this thread, and indeed many others that doubtless brought around the OP; is folk talking in 'absolutes.' Like it's a cast iron certainty that the Colts have taken Andrew Luck already. As much as we most all believe that, until it's officially confirmed I don't know how anyone can claim that as fact and argue against the pragmatism of the OP.

If the Colts did do a complete 360 and take RGIII, there's gona' be a heck of a lot of people with egg on their faces whilst KD, who's just taking a logical, pragmatic approach on something that is yet to happen; will doubtless be smiling smugly to himself.

Hail.

I have to admit I am a bit disappointed we are not getting Luck. I do not dislike RG3 at all, just prefer Luck slightly. Hoping some ES fans will smack some sense into me so I appreciate how lucky we are to be getting RG3. I should be more excited than I am.

:gang:

The thing is' date=' Polian even said they decided on Luck before even the combine. Why else would they let Manning loose? To draft a RG3, who by all means, still has a few things to learn before taking a snap in the NFL? I don't think so, they are getting the completely polished QB out of Stanford.[/quote']

They let Manning loose, without a doubt, because they envisioned getting Luck. I don't disagree with that. But that doesn't mean they can't turn around and decide they like RG3 better and draft him. It just means Luck was the original reason.

I don't think that happens. I legit think Luck is going to Indy. Always have. But there's a chance. As GHH said, it's the absolutes that are driving me batty. It's not an absolute until it happens. Hell, there could be a tweet from Irsay directly, today, that says, "We're picking Luck. Shut up." And I'd still wonder if something could happen, even knowing the chances are VERY slim.

It's not about something going wrong for us. I don't think landing either one of these guys is bad. Hell, I like them both, to be honest, the exact same. Gimme either.

I won't rest until either Luck sings a contract before the draft or until Roger Bumdell says, "With the first pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Indianapolis Colts select Andre Luck Quarterback from Stanford...."

Thats a long time without sleep man. I think in your delerium you may actually hear Luck singing just before you pass out :ols:

Thats a long time without sleep man. I think in your delerium you may actually hear Luck singing just before you pass out :ols:

I wish I can say I am joking, but I am not. I love Luck, I think right now he is better than Griffin. He is for sure more polished than him. But this man Griffin is just what this franchise need not only on the football field, but off of it.

We haven't had a star on this team since Sean Taylor, and the reason I said star and not Superstar was because he wasn't a "Superstar". Griffin has superstar potential, I don't know if I can say the same for Luck. We are going to be competing for a long time no matter which one we get, but I think my team, the fans, and the city will benefit more if it is Griffin. :2cents:

I havent read the entire thread so I assume its already been stated. For me personally, Im enamored with RG3 first and foremost because I have never seen (since midseason 2011) a huge gap between Luck and RG3. But for me, I have never thought there was a possibility the Colts would take RG3 over Luck, until recently, therefor not ever thinking there was a possibility of landing Luck and assuming that we're 100% going to draft RG3 has at this point got me fully geeked that he's ours.

That said, I'd be ecstatic with Luck also.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen believes there's "almost zero chance" the Colts would draft Robert Griffin over Andrew Luck.

Per Mort, the Colts do believe both RG3 and Luck are future franchise signal callers. It sounds like they've already made their pick, however, and ESPN's Bill Polian suggested on NFL Live Thursday that owner Jim Irsay decided on Luck during the 2011 college season. The majority opinion is that Griffin has superior physical gifts, but Luck is a more pro-ready quarterback. Mar. 23 - 1:31 pm et

Dan Graziano ‏ @espn_nfceast

Irsay says Colts undecided on Luck vs RG3 http://es.pn/H75uhd

Link: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/37444/irsay-says-colts-undecided-on-luck-vs-rg3

PALM BEACH, Fla. -- Indianapolis Colts owner Robert Irsay says his team likes Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III and hasn't decided which of the two star quarterbacks it will take with the No. 1 pick in next month's draft.

"I think they're both outstanding young men," Irsay said during a break in the owners meetings here Monday. "I don't think it's either-or, where only one of them is going to succeed. I think they're both going to be great."

It's long been assumed the Colts would take Luck with the first pick, and after the Washington Redskins traded up to get the No. 2 pick in the draft, it's been assumed that they'd take Griffin. In truth, the Redskins are expecting the Colts to take Luck and excited to have Griffin. But if the Colts did take Griffin instead, the Redskins would be thrilled to have Luck fall to their spot

Oh what a tangled web we weave.

Irsay's taking Luck.

His fans will come after him with lit torches if he doesn't.

Just look at this thread about Cosell's article that he'd take RG3 over luck.

Clicky here for the madness.

I mean for the most part they're sane, but there's more than a couple JaMarcus Russell comparisons and a lot of eyeball rolling. Also a couple swipes at us, but that's not the point.

Archived