Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Indy could go with The LUCKy Horseshoe Or the Tres

KDawg

Dan Graziano ‏ @espn_nfceast

Irsay says Colts undecided on Luck vs RG3 http://es.pn/H75uhd

Link: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/37444/irsay-says-colts-undecided-on-luck-vs-rg3For crying out loud.

Oh what a tangled web we weave.

Irsay, just say you're taking Luck and let's move on. I swear this guy is opening his trap just to draw attention to himself.

Irsay likes RG3's socks http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2012/mar/26/colts-owner-irsay-praises-luck-lauds-rg3s-style/ Irsay also says that he wants a consistent QB and that's what Manning gave them and is one of the main reasons they were so successful with him. If I read too much in to that I would say Luck is the most consistent QB as he has been under the microscope for longer at Stanford than RGIII has been at Baylor. Both had amazing college careers, obviously, but perhaps Luck had the longer, more consistent career. Anyways, just a thought, another reason to think Luck will go first.

Dan Graziano ‏ @espn_nfceast

Irsay says Colts undecided on Luck vs RG3 http://es.pn/H75uhd

Link: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/37444/irsay-says-colts-undecided-on-luck-vs-rg3

Oh what a tangled web we weave.

I think Irsay is full of manure!!

@TKextremeskins If you put it out on a Monday then you stay the talk of the town all week. #IrsaysNameInLights

@Jsteelzextreme So Indy will work out Luck, Private Workout, But not RG3..yea Jim, no idea what way ur leaning, we all have no clue

here's this article from today...

Andrew Luck will come to Indianapolis for a private workout in the next couple of weeks. Robert Griffin III, apparently, will not.

Colts general manger Ryan Grigson said during a conference call Monday that the Colts plan to bring in Luck during the next couple of weeks

---------- Post added March-26th-2012 at 01:59 PM ----------

Irsay likes RG3's socks http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2012/mar/26/colts-owner-irsay-praises-luck-lauds-rg3s-style/ Irsay also says that he wants a consistent QB and that's what Manning gave them and is one of the main reasons they were so successful with him. If I read too much in to that I would say Luck is the most consistent QB as he has been under the microscope for longer at Stanford than RGIII has been at Baylor. Both had amazing college careers' date=' obviously, but perhaps Luck had the longer, more consistent career. Anyways, just a thought, another reason to think Luck will go first.[/quote']

Luck is also the safest QB... Also the Indy fans are as much into Luck as we are with RG3... I don't think Irsay is THAT stupid to go against the fans (which includes season ticket holders)...

Posted this in the main RG3 thread but figured I'd put it in here too, unless everyone has seen it already. Florio talks about pro days but then at the end he talked about how the Colts are taking Luck for sure. He seemed to have inside info also or at least he hinted at it, saying "maybe next month there will be some news or some developments that will make that more clear, but for now all I can tell you is that Andrew Luck WILL be drafted by the Colts and Robert Griffin III WILL be drafted by the Redskins."

http://video.nbcsports.msnbc.com/nbc-sports/46836322#46836322

Oh crumbs. Now if Florio's predicting it, I'm preparing for RGIII to anywhere but here come this time next month. :doh:

Hail.

I will leverage that with the info from our tea leaf guys to conclude that lightning has struck on Florio's head... which means he's on point.. :ols:

---------- Post added March-26th-2012 at 02:18 PM ----------

This just in, IncarceratedBob, citing inside sources, predicting Luck will be drafted by Indy, RG3 by Washington. Remember, you heard it from him first.

:ols: , i take it you're not much of an #IBN fan.... hahahaha, dude you have me rolling!!! :ols:

:ols: , i take it you're not much of an #IBN fan.... hahahaha, dude you have me rolling!!! :ols:

He's a hack. Not going to derail the thread, but he throws **** against the wall and hopes it sticks. There was an article posted in another thread about how he "breaks" something only about 2% of the time, and he gets stuff right only about 45% of the time.

I called him out about it (I think it was about him calling Asomugha to the Jets - he said it was a sure thing, they just needed to work out the contract) and he blocks me.

He's a hack. Not going to derail the thread, but he throws **** against the wall and hopes it sticks. There was an article posted in another thread about how he "breaks" something only about 2% of the time, and he gets stuff right only about 45% of the time.

I called him out about it (I think it was about him calling Asomugha to the Jets - he said it was a sure thing, they just needed to work out the contract) and he blocks me.

Yeah, he also had Cullen Jenkins being a done deal with us last year.... He may know some stuff, but not nearly as reliable as he often boasts about..

Didn't Shanny draft Cutler, without even visiting with him?

Just saying...

I'll breath a sigh of relief when RG3 signs the 4 yr, 27M dollar contract 1st rd rookie wage salary cap offer from Bruce Allen.

Until then, the eggs are still hatching.

For all we know, Mara has set up some espionage, where the Lady with the Dragon tattoo infiltrates our boy RG3.

Franchise QB has eluded us for 76 yrs.

Forgive me for waiting an additional 30 days.

I will leverage that with the info from our tea leaf guys to conclude that lightning has struck on Florio's head... which means he's on point.. :ols:

I was pretty much thinking the same thing :ols:. Florio is prone to making statements that don't pan out but when you compare it to what the insiders here are saying as well as what the Colts are doing (bringing Luck in for a private workout but apparently not bothering with Griffin) it seems he could actually be on the money this time or actually has a credible source.

I suppose the Colts could want Griffin and are throwing up a smokescreen as far as working out Luck and not Griffin...but why? What advantage could that give them? I can understand them not wanting to completely show their hand before the draft or near it, because they have nothing to gain by doing so. But they also have nothing to gain by throwing up a smokescreen so they can pull the rug out from under the Skins and take Griffin.

Didn't Shanny draft Cutler, without even visiting with him?

Yup. And it could happen with Indy. Again, the point of the OP was that it could happen, with my hypothesis still being that it likely wouldn't. That continues to fly by people's heads.

Then the next rebuttal was, "but hey, Irsay said they're going with Luck!"

Shot down.

Now the next rebuttal is: fans will riot if they take Griffin!

To me, it sounds like a bunch of 'Skins fans trying to soothe themselves more than anything else.

Yes, I still agree that chances are he's going with Luck. It makes sense for that franchise. But again, my intent was never to say that RG3 was going to get drafted by the Colts, just that it was still a Possibility

Yeah, he also had Cullen Jenkins being a done deal with us last year.... He may know some stuff, but not nearly as reliable as he often boasts about..

That, and I distinctly remember him guaranteeing that the Browns were going to trade up, that they had the lead in that race.

And they are NOT having one with RG3. Pretty big deal, possibly.

This is kind of a silly statement, Conn.

"Pretty big deal, possibly".

And I retort with: Yes, I agree. Or it could mean nothing, possibly.

I try not to read the tealeaves too much. I wait for the actual event to occur before getting too wrapped up in it. So that's what I'm doing here. I have my suspicions about what's going to happen, hell, even something that I'm nearly positive is going to happen. But it's never over til the fat lady (Goodell) sings.

Yup. And it could happen with Indy. Again, the point of the OP was that it could happen, with my hypothesis still being that it likely wouldn't. That continues to fly by people's heads.

Then the next rebuttal was, "but hey, Irsay said they're going with Luck!"

Shot down.

Now the next rebuttal is: fans will riot if they take Griffin!

To me, it sounds like a bunch of 'Skins fans trying to soothe themselves more than anything else.

Yes, I still agree that chances are he's going with Luck. It makes sense for that franchise. But again, my intent was never to say that RG3 was going to get drafted by the Colts, just that it was still a Possibility

I just have to laugh again at someone talking about how we have to "soothe" ourselves because we might get "stuck" with the best QB prospect in the last two decades. Kdawg, I know that is not necessarily your opinion but you are acknowledging the reality that many of us have gotten so married to the idea of RG3 to DC that we will actually be upset if we get the guy who has been the consensus #1 pick since he graduated from high school.

If Irsay comes out and says yeah, we're drafting Luck, then the first two picks are already decided. That would make for bad draft day viewing. It would not surprise me if Irsay's indecisiveness wasn't League encouraged

I don't necessarily disagree.

But...

---------- Post added March-26th-2012 at 05:44 PM ----------

I just have to laugh again at someone talking about how we have to "soothe" ourselves because we might get "stuck" with the best QB prospect in the last two decades. Kdawg, I know that is not necessarily your opinion but you are acknowledging the reality that many of us have gotten so married to the idea of RG3 to DC that we will actually be upset if we get the guy who has been the consensus #1 pick since he graduated from high school.

It's most certainly NOT my opinion. But yes, I agree. I think it's ridiculous that so many people are married to RG3. The premise of this thread was to say it's possible that the Colts take him and to get 'Skins fans ready in case it does happen.

I certainly am acknowledging that many 'Skins fans are losing their minds. Give me either one. So I'll sit back and watch this all unfold with a smile on my face :)

I don't necessarily disagree.

But...

I'm just saying that Irsay probably won't let anyone know ahead of time no matter who it is.There's no advantage to signing anyone early since there's not much to haggle over contract wise. The downside is that everyone knows who the Redskins will pick once the Colts make their choice known.

Archived