Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Indy could go with The LUCKy Horseshoe Or the Tres

KDawg

<picture of dude in dress>

That's not my style... I like them more frilly. With pink.

And though you have your reservations, I do not. Mainly for the same reasons Leap has been saying on twitter. I'm telling you, Irsay is sold on Luck. Has been the entire time. He's kicked Manning to the curb & fired anyone with any resemblence of power that would argue with him against taking Luck.

I just don't like believing that something is inevitable to turn around and have it not happen. That frustrates the snot out of me.

I think people who are worried about the Colts taking RG3 need to do nothing but take a look at our reaction to RG3's Pro Day, versus the Colts fans reaction.

Ours: "OH MY GOD DRAFT THIS MAN NOW HE'S SO GOOD LOOK AT THE SWAG HE'S RAPPIN' TO BIGGIE WHILE HE'S THROWIN' FIFTY YARD PASSES TURN THE CARD IN NOW THIS GUY IS PERFECT LOOK AT THE DEEP BALL HE LOOKS LIKE MARK RYPIEN THROWING IT DRAFT HIM NOW!"

Colts Fans: "Well, it's a Pro Day. Everyone looks good at their Pro Day. RG3 looked good, but the pick will probably still be Andrew Luck."

Go to a Colts blog, click on a Colts article, anything written by Colts fans, or beat writers; they want Luck. Or at least they realize Irsay's going to take Luck, and they're okay with that.

Luck fits Indy. RG3 fits the DMV.

Luck fits what the Colts are going to be building. And like Peyton was the only guy you could get in Denver to replace Tebow, the only guy they can get in Indy to replace Peyton is Luck. Irsay can't stare "the next Elway" in the face again and then allow him to get away. Irsay understands that. It's why he fired everyone who thought they should've kept Peyton and then maybe not have drafted a quarterback at all, or in the later rounds. The only answer for the Colts, and for their fans, is Luck.

Yesterday, the owner and the general manager didn't show up for RG3's Pro Day. Ryan Grigson had "the walking flu" and Irsay, I guess, couldn't be bothered to even show up. I don't even think Bruce Arians was at the Pro Day. The only dude who was, was Chuck Pagano, and Indy's QB coach Clyde Christensen, and a few scouts.

Ask yourself a question; what are the chances that if you really want a prospect, you're only going to be represented by the head coach and maybe a scout. Do you thing Grigson's not going to drag his ass out of bed to go to Luck's Pro Day? That Arians and Irsay aren't going to be there?

We bought EVERYONE to RG3's Pro Day. And yeah, we're going to bring everyone to Luck's Pro Day, but still; I think that speaks volumes. They didn't even bring the offensive coordinator to see the guy. Everyone else didn't show up.

The Colts know who their pick is. Could it be Luck? Sure, it could be. But I think the Colts already have their mind made up. We'll see that when all, or at least most, of the Colts staff shows up for Luck's Pro Day.

That's not my style... I like them more frilly. With pink.

I just don't like believing that something is inevitable to turn around and have it not happen. That frustrates the snot out of me.

I can photoshop the color for ya. :ols:

You, like most, are still snake bit by Vinny.

Relax.

Breathe.

Mike, Bruce, Dan, & Kyle wouldn't be spending all their time around around the kid, smiling, gushing, with puppy dog love struck looks if wasn't a done deal.

It's a brand new day in Redskins Land. Enjoy it. This is what Mike & Bruce have been building towards.

Allow yourselves to enjoy this. :)

The Colts know who their pick is. Could it be Luck? Sure, it could be. But I think the Colts already have their mind made up. We'll see that when all, or at least most, of the Colts staff shows up for Luck's Pro Day.
I agree that the Colts will take Luck.

However, if that's a foregone conclusion, why aren't there reports of them starting the negotiating process now? Is it simply because there is no need with a rookie wage scale in place?

Relax.

Breathe.

Mike, Bruce, Dan, & Kyle wouldn't be spending all their time around around the kid, smiling, gushing, with puppy dog love struck looks if wasn't a done deal.

It's a brand new day in Redskins Land. Enjoy it. This is what Mike & Bruce have been building towards.

I'm not snake bit in the least. I just know far too well to believe something is done until it's done. It's not paranoia. It's not anything. It's a wait and see approach. It's how I roll.

Jesus, and I thought I was paranoid.

Well I am, but not on this subject.

:)

Feel free to read the posts I've made and then call me paranoid. Thanks.

However, if that's a foregone conclusion, why aren't there reports of them starting the negotiating process now? Is it simply because there is no need with a rookie wage scale in place?

Exactly.

They don't need to sign Luck right now. I mean...first, yes, it certainly helps to do your due dilligence. But for the most part, there's no pressure to sign him. The draft pick is there. The rookie wage scale means it's not going to take months and months to come up with a deal. There's really no reason to rush it right now. Focus on free agency and trying to rebuild the roster they blew up now, then signed Andrew Luck later.

Absolutely no pressure to sign the guy to a contract.

Relax.

Breathe.

I don't think many taking that approach are 'snake bit' and not enjoying this boss man. Least of all KD.

More a case of taking the pragmatic approach until it's officially confirmed one way or the other. How many times in what ever has something been a near 100% cast iron certainty, only to go the other way and leave everyone shell-shocked?

Hail.

I think people who are worried about the Colts taking RG3 need to do nothing but take a look at our reaction to RG3's Pro Day, versus the Colts fans reaction.

Ours: "OH MY GOD DRAFT THIS MAN NOW HE'S SO GOOD LOOK AT THE SWAG HE'S RAPPIN' TO BIGGIE WHILE HE'S THROWIN' FIFTY YARD PASSES TURN THE CARD IN NOW THIS GUY IS PERFECT LOOK AT THE DEEP BALL HE LOOKS LIKE MARK RYPIEN THROWING IT DRAFT HIM NOW!"

Colts Fans: "Well, it's a Pro Day. Everyone looks good at their Pro Day. RG3 looked good, but the pick will probably still be Andrew Luck."

Go to a Colts blog, click on a Colts article, anything written by Colts fans, or beat writers; they want Luck. Or at least they realize Irsay's going to take Luck, and they're okay with that.

Luck fits Indy. RG3 fits the DMV.

Luck fits what the Colts are going to be building. And like Peyton was the only guy you could get in Denver to replace Tebow, the only guy they can get in Indy to replace Peyton is Luck. Irsay can't stare "the next Elway" in the face again and then allow him to get away. Irsay understands that. It's why he fired everyone who thought they should've kept Peyton and then maybe not have drafted a quarterback at all, or in the later rounds. The only answer for the Colts, and for their fans, is Luck.

Yesterday, the owner and the general manager didn't show up for RG3's Pro Day. Ryan Grigson had "the walking flu" and Irsay, I guess, couldn't be bothered to even show up. I don't even think Bruce Arians was at the Pro Day. The only dude who was, was Chuck Pagano, and Indy's QB coach Clyde Christensen, and a few scouts.

Ask yourself a question; what are the chances that if you really want a prospect, you're only going to be represented by the head coach and maybe a scout. Do you thing Grigson's not going to drag his ass out of bed to go to Luck's Pro Day? That Arians and Irsay aren't going to be there?

We bought EVERYONE to RG3's Pro Day. And yeah, we're going to bring everyone to Luck's Pro Day, but still; I think that speaks volumes. They didn't even bring the offensive coordinator to see the guy. Everyone else didn't show up.

I'm no insider, but we are probably taking Luck at #1 too if we had the chance.....

I understand getting behind the future QB of our team, but the new Avatars would certainly be of the Stanford variety if we had pick 1.

On another note, Luck is like Manning in that he can call his own plays in the huddle, much like Manning did in Indy. Not sure how that would mesh with the Shanahans. I'm not saying it would be a problem, but Kyle has gone on record saying "There's no need to audible in this system. The solutions are built into the plays." (I think he said that in his intro conference) That would almost be wasting some of Luck's talents.

It's funny because Colts fans in general would be livid if the colts chose RG3 over Luck. Just look at their boards, its like 90% in favor of Luck. Much like in our Cerrato years, if the owner loves Luck and the fans love Luck I don't care what their scouts say - Luck will be their choice. Relax people.

On another note, Luck is like Manning in that he can call his own plays in the huddle, much like Manning did in Indy. Not sure how that would mesh with the Shanahans. I'm not saying it would be a problem, but Kyle has gone on record saying "There's no need to audible in this system. The solutions are built into the plays." (I think he said that in his intro conference) That would almost be wasting some of Luck's talents.

Then again, because we select 2nd, that doesn't come into play here. If Luck falls to 2, he's a Redskin. If Griffin falls to 2, he's a Redskin. Wasting talents or not, one of the two of them is the 'Skins QB of the future.

I don't worry about it. No matter how awesome Griffin looks, Luck remains thought of as the absolute best QB prospect ever. He's done nothing wrong. I find little reason to believe Indi will suddenly reverse course and not take him.

That said, its possible it could happen. In which case the Redskins take Andrew Luck and still have to feel very good about themselves. For the Redskins, its really not a bad position. They get a great QB prospect no matter what and they don't have to sweat it out on who to pick. But obviously I can't control who gets taken where, so it seems weird to worry over such a scenario. Particularly since it still seems like a pretty big longshot.

Thing is, I've seen Rex check to different plays and audible in our offense. I saw Donovan do it too. Usually it's just checking out of a pass to a run or something, but Kyle's not Mike Martz; if the quarterback sees something he doesn't like, he has the latitude to change it.

It's funny because Colts fans in general would be livid if the colts chose RG3 over Luck. Just look at their boards, its like 90% in favor of Luck. Much like in our Cerrato years, if the owner loves Luck and the fans love Luck I don't care what their scouts say - Luck will be their choice. Relax people.

This. The fans would burn Indy to the ground if they took RG3. Go take a look at their boards and see for yourselves.

That being said, I agree with the underlying point of KDawg's post that anything is possible until it actually happens

I would say that, he hasn't done his pro day and free agency is still going on. Not a huge priority right now.

I'm no insider, but we are probably taking Luck at #1 too if we had the chance.....

I understand getting behind the future QB of our team, but the new Avatars would certainly be of the Stanford variety if we had pick 1.

I think if it was us with the first pick, there would be a legit debate.

We didn't just cut a legend and blow things up. We'd have to seriously do our due diligence. Our situation is different than the Colts; I think that's one thing that gets lost. The Colts went from playoff team to disaster to rebuild in one like, 5 football seconds. If we picked RG3 over Luck, no one would complain. No would think Mike was crazy, either. We've been so starved for a quarterback we don't know anything different.

Irsay and the Colts are in a different place. Their fans haven't had to rebuild in 13 years. The last thing Irsay wants is for the Colts to deal with more change than they already have to; the fans won't stand for it. They're not used to it. On top of just loving Luck (that's why he cut Manning in the first place), Luck represents the easiest transition for the Colts from one QB to the next, a transition it'll be easier for the Colts fans to accept than a spread-option quarterback who raps while throwing passes.

Absolutely not the reason why the Colts will pick Luck. Just like how our FO is not looking at the 90% in favor of RGIII on ES and drinking the RGIII hype. Let the cards play out. The colts will get the QB that they believe will bring them back to prominence based on their evaluations of both QBs. We will have to make due with whoever they do not pick.

Absolutely not the reason why the Colts will pick Luck. Just like how our FO is not looking at the 90% in favor of RGIII on ES and drinking the RGIII hype. Let the cards play out. The colts will get the QB that they believe will bring them back to prominence based on their evaluations of both QBs. We will have to make due with whoever they do not pick.

So you are saying the fan base has 0 influence over personnel moves an organization makes?

Wish people would stop with this. I don't see anyone up in arms about anything. I see people willing to take a wait and see approach. ;)

I've seen enough people question LL and the like on the issue that I would say "some" people have more fear then a "wait and see approach" - which is why I say relax. I think it's more a factor of DC franchises being snakebitten that injects people with this fear that if something can go wrong that it will go wrong.

I understand not counting your eggs until they hatch - for once though, just like our future franchise QB, lets have some confidence that our luck is about to change.

So you are saying the fan base has 0 influence over personnel moves an organization makes?

It shouldn't, but we know in reality it does many times.

I'm still convinced to this day if we hadn't collectively revolted to the extent we did when the Jim Fassel talks broke; he'd of been the HC here rather than Zorn.

Hail.

Archived