Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Indy could go with The LUCKy Horseshoe Or the Tres

KDawg

You rubbished any possibility, however slim, of something that still could happen as being 'complete and utter nonsense.'

Holy...GHH, you ARE smarter than this. At least I thought you were.

I'll state it plainly: I never "rubbished" the possibility...what I "rubbished" was some of the asinine reasons why it could.

Did you even go back and re-read my posts? Because obviously you need to.

Here's just one example of one of my posts that you claim speaks in "absolutes" that the Colts will not draft Griffin:

Is it possible that they draft Griffin? Sure. It's also possible that I get swept up in a tornado this afternoon. But considering that the skies are clear and the weather is calm and this area has probably had one tornado over the last 20 years, I think worrying about that possibility is a waste of time lol...and no, I'm not saying that the Colts drafting Griffin is as likely as me getting swept up in a tornado, but the point remains: if all the "cold, hard facts" all point in one direction, how much time and energy should be spent worrying about things that, while theoretically still "possible", aren't at all likely to happen?

Notice how I said it's possible the Colts could draft RG3. Notice how I said again that it was "possible" yet again. Notice how I said it was not "likely" to happen, and not that there was no way it would happen?

Here's my post where I used the "utter nonsense" comment...pay attention to what I called "utter nonsense":

But it has dissolved into "Hey, Shanahan didn't meet with Cutler before drafting him, so maybe the Colts are doing the same thing with RG3! Could happen!!" lol...that's complete and utter nonsense.

It's the ARGUMENT that the Colts could be playing draft games and throwing up smoke screens like Shanahan did when drafting Cutler that I thought was "complete and utter nonsense"...NOT the idea that the Colts could still draft Griffin.

Like I said, maybe you need to re-read my posts again and then respond once more lol...because you are most definitely NOT getting anything I'm saying.

And conversely, point out where I posted you'd said for certain 'that anything WOULD happen.'

Why should I?...I never claimed you did. You, however, have made post after post claiming I'm talking in "absolutes".

Again, re-read my posts.

*EDIT: misread your comment here...Ok, I will point out places where you said I said for certain anything would happen:

Talking in 'absolutes.'...

But you can't say for certain that will happen.

My response? I never said anything WOULD happen for certain.

You will doubtless rush in your zeal to quote the 'talking in absolutes' line. And in so doing doubtless completely take it out of context to the point being made and run in a completely different direction as you continue to do without abandon.

What? :ols:...First, I think you mean "with abandon", not "without abandon" because that would mean I'm being cautious lol...Second, since you have repeatedly claimed I'm "talking in absolutes" yet now are claiming I'm taking that comment "out of context", feel free to put it IN context for me as I did for you above in my post.

Aside from the facetious analogy there that has no relevance to anything the OP has posted...

Notice I never quoted the OP...hence, I was never referring to anything said IN the OP. I quoted two specific comments in posts a few pages ago, and spent the next 5 or so posts 'splaining why those two comments in those two posts were faulty (or illogical, or asinine...take your pick lol).

The moment I quote and comment on the OP, you are free to bring up this point with validity. Until then, don't.

OP has posted, it's equally ok to call folk out for the same asinine, tedious slamming over something that could happen, and claiming that possibility 'complete and utter nonsense'. Just because you think something's 'complete and utter nonsense' , if the possibility remains for it to still happen, however slim, it's blah blah blah...

Sorry for "arrogantly" putting in the "blah blah blah" lol...but really, you keep harping on something I've explain numerous times in past posts, and you're still not getting it. I've explain over and over what exactly I thought was "complete and utter nonsense", and did one last time in my post above. If you don't get it by now, you never will.

You rubbished any possibility, however slim, of something that still could happen as being 'complete and utter nonsense.' And vehemently stuck to that. Use what ever connotation of 'talking in absolutes' that you want. It won't alter the fact that's both what your doing; and doing in a very arrogant and condescending way by the post.

Sorry for "arrogantly" putting in the "blah blah blah" lol...but really, you keep harping on something I've explain numerous times in past posts, and you're still not getting it. I've explain over and over what exactly I thought was "complete and utter nonsense", and did one last time in my post above. If you don't get it by now, you never will.

When I used the term OP, I meant it as the original 'poster', not 'post.' Sorry to confuse your diatribe.

Thank you for picking up on the with (-out) typo. Appreciated. There's a lot to be said for proof reading.

But again, this tedious exchange is over. Everything you've asked for has been put to you and either taken in another direction to suit, or flatly ignored. This game may be cute to you, but I'm sure that's the last thing it is to others reading it so as I offered above; this totally asinine back and fourth is done with before we take it to page 100 and something.

Hail.

So basically most everyone in here (including the OP) thinks:

1) Luck is going to Indy and Griffin will end up in Washington, but that it is not a done deal and there is a small chance that the Colts could draft Griffin

2) We will get either one and that's a good thing

3) Nobody (but a select few) are talking in absolutes

So why did this thread get to 17 pages and what is the purpose, except to tell people, "I'll believe it when I see it."?

I feel like the thread is just going in circles. I know that alot of people have jumped the gun and are waving their RG3 to DC banners and have the avatars going full tilt, but either way, we're in the best position we've been in in decades, so it seems like a moot point to argue.

3) Nobody (but a select few) are talking in absolutes

Read the forums. There's a ton of people talking in absolutes. As you said, we have RG3 avatars :ols:

So why did this thread get to 17 pages and what is the purpose, except to tell people, "I'll believe it when I see it."?

That's exactly the purpose. To let people know that nothing has happened due to all of the RG3 is our quarterback stuff going on.

but either way, we're in the best position we've been in in decades, so it seems like a moot point to argue.

Yes, yes, yes, 100% yes. (but there is nothing to argue. The fact that it hasn't happened yet, is in fact, fact. And can I say fact again in a single sentence?)

Colts gm says luck not a sure thing...still undecided
That same GM also said they will bring in Luck for a private workout but WILL NOT bring in RG3. Thats a huge clue right there. Basically there bringing in the guy they are drafting to get the feel of the facilities get him to start working on the playbook and start talking contract.

Hmmmmm

And, Irsay is quoted on Scouts at Foxsports.com - "We have no preconceptions. We want to continue to do a detailed evaluation of each player. Robert Griffin is unbelievable. Luck is great as well."

I copied this from the Colts forum: http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/6796-colts-hold-private-workout-with-andrew-luck/

They had no link to the quote...

This indicates that circumstances would not allow a private workout with RG3.

http://mobile.philly.com/news/?wss=/philly/hp/sports/&id=144301255

"Circumstances didn't allow us to do anything private with him [Griffin] so we did the usual Pro Day," Grigson said during a conference call.

"Circumstances" prevented them from having a private workout with Griffin?...

Then I get this tweet:

@MikeJonesWaPo:

@RTInsider: Robert Griffin III to appear at Chantilly card show Saturday

The Colts couldn't find the "circumstances" to work out Griffin in private, but he has the free time to attend a card show in Chantilly lol...

Archived