Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Safety Not Guaranteed: From the maker of "Little Miss Sunshine," this funny indy comedy is about this crazy guy who claims to have a time machine. Smokin' hot Aubrey Plaza plays an intern who accompanies a journalist to follow the guy and do some research about his crazy story. Turns out....the guy ain't so crazy. 7/10. Its available on netflix streaming.

The Giant Mechanical Man: a slow, but funny at times rom-com with Jenn Fisher and Chris Messina...about two people in their mid-30s who haven't yet found their way in life...and they eventually find each other and connect. decent flick for a quiet saturday night. 6/10. This one is also streaming on netflix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5D8JMsPk3o

Watched District 9- Weird, but got better as it went along.

Saw it at the theatres when it first came out. I thought it was really good. I gave it a couple of extra points for originality ( I think. Maybe another movie I've long forgotten about used a similar plot). I've been waiting on a sequel for awhile though, as the ending pretty much made you think it was a forgone conclusion.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I've been waiting on a sequel for awhile though, as the ending pretty much made you think it was a forgone conclusion.

+1. They certainly left it wide open. It's been what...almost 4 years or so since the first one dropped? You'd think the success of the first one was enough to warrant a second District 9 movie, especially with the way Hollywood poops out sequels now a days.

+1. They certainly left it wide open. It's been what...almost 4 years or so since the first one dropped? You'd think the success of the first one was enough to warrant a second District 9 movie, especially with the way Hollywood poops out sequels now a days.

Yeah it's been awhile. I haven't checked any of the boards over at imdb or anywhere else to see what the hold up is, but I'm asuming that maybe they don't have the story, or the necessary $$ yet. I'm willing to wait though. I want them to take their time. It's amazing what you can do with a tired ass concept, but presenting it from a different perspective, and adding your own twist to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Francis Ford Coppola's Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)

This movie is utter nonsense. A terrible failure of a film. A goldmine of unintentional comedy. It got an 80 % fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Just how stupid was the groupthink from the early 90's? Anthony Hopkins and Gary Oldman are kind of second rate "fine actors,"--they're total hams here. Winona Ryder, Keanu Reeves, and Cary Elwes are comically bad, but then they always are. Tom Waits is downright regrettable.

Lots of boobs though. Including Monica Belluci's in a scene where I believe we see Keanu Reeve's O face. Coppola is a creepy man.

a good friend bought me the blu ray the other day:

The Hustler (1961)

the-hustler-blu-ray-book-large.jpg

Newman's Felson is a swaggering pool shark punk who takes on the king of the poolroom, Minnesota Fats (a cool, assured Jackie Gleason in his most understated performance). After losing big and crashing into a void of self-pity, Eddie meets down-and-out Sarah (Piper Laurie in a delicate performance), an alcoholic blue blood who's dropped into Eddie's world of dingy bars and seedy poolrooms. Eddie regains his confidence and attracts the attention of a shifty, calculating promoter, Bert Gordon (George C. Scott at his most heartless), who offers to bring Eddie into the big money--but at what cost?

one of my favorites

Edited by StillUnknown

The Hustler is a great movie.

The Spy Who Loved Me is on cable and I'm watching it. This movie is a treasure. One of the most unabashedly Bond movies of all. A constant stream of double entendres and terrible puns. Goofily staged fight scenes. Delightfully dated sets and styles. Corny and absurdly impractical gadgets like the floating tea service that decapitates the mannequin. It's the movie with the submarine Lotus Espirit. He uses his turn signal underwater and also runs over a SCUBA diving henchman ahahaha. Jaws is comically indestructible and he Hulks out for most of the film. I love how he tears through styrofoam props and sets even when he gains no tactical advantage from doing so. As a henchman, Jaws really has a Charlie Brown quality to him.

The movie is so swaggering--Bond judo-chops a dozen guys and effortlessly seduces strange women within seconds of meeting them. He turns the Bond Girl, a KGB agent and prideful Soviet nationalist, over to the good side halfway through the movie. Clearly MI6 should have just sent Bond to the USSR as a cultural emissary and he'd have ended the Cold War 25 years sooner. He'd have seduced most of the women in the Eastern Bloc in a matter of months. Fun fact about the Bond Girl Barbara Bach, she's actually an American from Queens.

I think this movie was the inspiration for those hilarious Old Spice commercials with the Hawks and the Wolves.

It was made in 1977 and you get some pseudo feminist undertones from it. Moments where the Bond Girl seems to get the upper hand on him, only to be immediately thwarted by Bond's mysoginy and superiority.

It's such a fun movie, probably my favorite Roger Moore movie.

Just sat through a really, really dark movie.

"I Melt With You," starring Rob Lowe, Jeremy Piven, Thomas Jane, and Carla Gugino. It's about 4 guys who get together at this beach house for their annual reunion. They've all got a lot of personal problems at home, and while together on vacation they lose themselves in booze, cocaine, and pills. Things start to go downhill really fast, and they begin to turn on each other....and it just gets crazy from there. It got mixed reviews from critics, but i really enjoyed it. Though he's funny as hell, I've always liked Jeremy Piven in serious roles.

I watched it on Showtime, but I believe it is available on netflix streaming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTGC5Ot23KU

Edited by Chew

The Hustler is a great movie.

The Spy Who Loved Me is on cable and I'm watching it. This movie is a treasure. One of the most unabashedly Bond movies of all. A constant stream of double entendres and terrible puns. Goofily staged fight scenes. Delightfully dated sets and styles. Corny and absurdly impractical gadgets like the floating tea service that decapitates the mannequin. It's the movie with the submarine Lotus Espirit. He uses his turn signal underwater and also runs over a SCUBA diving henchman ahahaha. Jaws is comically indestructible and he Hulks out for most of the film. I love how he tears through styrofoam props and sets even when he gains no tactical advantage from doing so. As a henchman, Jaws really has a Charlie Brown quality to him.

The movie is so swaggering--Bond judo-chops a dozen guys and effortlessly seduces strange women within seconds of meeting them. He turns the Bond Girl, a KGB agent and prideful Soviet nationalist, over to the good side halfway through the movie. Clearly MI6 should have just sent Bond to the USSR as a cultural emissary and he'd have ended the Cold War 25 years sooner. He'd have seduced most of the women in the Eastern Bloc in a matter of months. Fun fact about the Bond Girl Barbara Bach, she's actually an American from Queens.

I think this movie was the inspiration for those hilarious Old Spice commercials with the Hawks and the Wolves.

It was made in 1977 and you get some pseudo feminist undertones from it. Moments where the Bond Girl seems to get the upper hand on him, only to be immediately thwarted by Bond's mysoginy and superiority.

It's such a fun movie, probably my favorite Roger Moore movie.

She's also married to Ringo Starr.

Red Dawn

I went in thinking this was going to be completely horrific but it wasn't that terrible. Don't get me wrong is full of no way in hell action movie stuff but I was entertained.

I'll stick with the original when he Soviets were the bad guys. I wonder why Hollywood felt the need to remake this one.

Though, if its on Showtime down the road I might watch it.

Edited by HogNose