Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

http://www.impawards.com/2005/posters/kiss_kiss_bang_bang_ver1.jpg

I thought is was great, great, flick. Breaks the fourth wall like crazy, but it's so well done.

Kilmer is amazing in it.

Screenwriter and director is the same guy that did Lethal Weapon and Iron Man 3.

FYI your link is broken so I have no idea about what movie you're talking about. But val kilmer sounds interesting so know I really want to know which movie it is. :ols:

edit: disregard I didnt realize it was clickable. But I've heard a lot of good things about Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and I'd like to see it.

Edited by big#44

"Bedevilled." This was one sick revenge thriller. A woman born on an isolated Island off the coast of South Korea is turned into a slave, and both she and her daughter are repeatedly raped by her husband and his brother. One day, the woman can no longer take the abuse, and chaos ensues. Available on netflix streaming.

As its already done with several successful Korean Thrillers, I could definitely see Hollywood remaking this film.

Edited by Chew

Side Effects.

I love Steven Soderbergh's work. Sex, Lies and Video Tape was a real thought provoker. Erin Brokovich and Traffic great flicks. And the Oceans films are fantastic watches where a stellar cast and stellar director come together and everything just clicks to perfection.

And then this. Weak script. Lame story. Even lamer acting. I seriously don't know how the critics almost to a man were so high on this movie. And to call it 'Hitch****-esq' is an insult to the master of suspense.

VERY disappointing from a very fine director and pretty darn good cast. An hour and three quarters or so of my life I won't be getting back anytime soon.

See this at the expense of you're hard earned bucks.

Hail.

Ok, I have never seen or read any adaptation of this story until tonight. But, I just finished watching Les Misérables and I'm not sure if it was the total lack of sleep but this movie broke me. Anne Hathaway is simply brilliant, and her final song with Hugh Jackman brought tears, and no I'm not ashamed to admit that fact. After watching Les Misérables I'm even more perplexed as to how Argo won best picture last year.

8664394105_9248f42d5b_b.jpg

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

I seen 2 older movies for first time in the past couple days

The Ice Harvest, good movie. It is dark humor and it has a really really sad and lonely Christmas. Connie Nielsen is hot as Renata, Billy bob Thornton is his usual self and John Cusack plays a good role

kiss kiss bang bang, great movie val klimer and Robert Downey Jr. and Michelle Monaghan is nice eye candy, Funny crime drama

"I'm a Cyborg, But That's Okay." Excellent film. It's a movie about a girl with family history of schizophrenia, and she believes that she is a cyborg. After a crazy opening scene, she is admitted to a mental institution. She frequently puts in her grandmother's dentures and talks to light bulbs, radios, and vending machines. She refuses to eat, as she feels food will only harm her electric inner-workings, and instead chooses to lick 9-volt batteries for energy. Getting close to death from starvation, she falls in love with this clepto dude who tries to help her get better.

The critics loved this film, currently getting a 90% from major critics on rotten. Available on Netflix streaming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOLDZe2GI

Edited by Chew

Watched the new Hobbit movie last night. Decent, but underwhelming.

I think my biggest gripe with the whole Lord of the Rings saga, is how easily the main characters are able to win every battle despite being vastly outnumbered. Most of the time they don't receive so much as a scratch.

If I ever become an evil overlord, I'm not accepting any orcs, goblins, or storm troopers as minions. Equal opportunity my ass.

Watched the new Hobbit movie last night. Decent, but underwhelming.

I think my biggest gripe with the whole Lord of the Rings saga, is how easily the main characters are able to win every battle despite being vastly outnumbered. Most of the time they don't receive so much as a scratch.

If I ever become an evil overlord, I'm not accepting any orcs, goblins, or storm troopers as minions. Equal opportunity my ass.

:ols: I hear you. I caught The Two Towers on TNT the other day and was just baffled at how the major players made it through that battle unscathed especially the last moment where they simply ride out into a sea of orcs on horses and not one single orc thinks to take down their horse.

Though if you are going to astonishingly survive a 10,000:600 battle, that is the style to do it in so Peter Jackson gets his props.

I will say, I didnt know what to expect from the Hobbit since I never read the books but was pleasantly surprised. I thought it was good. I think it was easier to follow for casual fans too and there was more humor. My fiance turned to me about halfway through and said "this is good, I like it!" and I couldn't tie her to a chair and staple her eyes open to get her to watch the trilogy.

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Gangster Squad

gangster-squad-poster-emma-stone.jpg

Decent movie about Gangster Mickey Cohen trying to take over LA and the people trying to stop him. I think the movie could've been a lot better but it was mailed in. Some interesting cinematography.

Gangster Squad

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/gangster-squad-poster-emma-stone.jpg

Decent movie about Gangster Mickey Cohen trying to take over LA and the people trying to stop him. I think the movie could've been a lot better but it was mailed in. Some interesting cinematography.

My thoughts on it exactly. For the time period, characters and story, the movie was pretty boring. Not at all what it could have been with that cast.

i know I am late to the party on this one inally saw The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I thought it was great. I love when young actors kick ass and all three main people in this movie each nailed their role perfectly. I've been a big fan of Logan Lerman since 3:10 to Yuma and Meet Bill and he was excellent in this. Ezra Miller and Emma Watson were both fantastic as well

It was sad, sweet, beautiful and poetic. Probably my favorite movie about young people in high school. It currently has 85% critic and 90% user ratings on Rotten Tomatoes.

Based on the novel written by Stephen Chbosky, this is about 15-year-old Charlie (Logan Lerman), an endearing and naive outsider, coping with first love (Emma Watson), the suicide of his best friend, and his own mental illness while struggling to find a group of people with whom he belongs. The introvert freshman is taken under the wings of two seniors, Sam and Patrick, who welcome him to the real world.

hr_The_Perks_of_Being_a_Wallflower_8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
My wife and I saw Silver Linings Playbook last night. Man, what a great film! I would love to see this one win Best Picture. Great acting all around and one hell of a story.

Just watched this one last night. Awesome movie. Far more in the way of laughs than I was expecting.

Plus, Jennifer Lawrence is pleasing to the eye.

"The Words" with Bradley Cooper, Zoe Saldana, Olivia Wilde, Dennis Quaid, and Jeremy Irons. Its a "rom-drom" about a struggling writer who comes across a novel in draft form that isn't his, claims it as his own, gets it published, gets all the fame and glory, then is confronted by the original writer. it was okay. Zoe Saldana is probably one of the 5 hottest women alive right now, so she made it interesting. Give it a 6.5/10.

killing-them-softly-australian-poster.jpg

gritty as all hell ...

one of the best, if not the best hit/assassination scenes you will ever see.

stylish and great performances by Gandofini and Liotta.

so swarmy you will want to take a shower after you watch it. great movie.

---------- Post added May-10th-2013 at 10:11 AM ----------

kiss kiss bang bang, great movie val klimer and Robert Downey Jr. and Michelle Monaghan is nice eye candy, Funny crime drama

Just posted about this ealier ... I have a whole new appreciation for Monaghan after that movie. my god she was hot.

how awesome was Val Kilmer ... love it with Downey yells at him ... "Don't quit your gay job"

---------- Post added May-10th-2013 at 10:13 AM ----------

The Lincoln Lawyer.

Very good

It is isn't it? ... I would say pretty damn underrated.

---------- Post added May-10th-2013 at 10:19 AM ----------

http://www.bloodsprayer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Troll-Hunter-Poster.jpg

I was expecting some cheesy B movie but wound up being pleasantly surprised by this film. Almost reminded me a bit of Cloverfield. Only thing that sucks is having to read sub titles for the entire movie.

randomly saw this ... thought it was good. found footage movies are always such a blast if done right. loved this movie actually.

Edited by gortiz

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiNPpC67rKIbWYIsdd2aldnK3iZXJZRqlY-FNhLBz4nHm46aZZfw

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

This movie was equal parts disturbing and excellent. I was sick to my stomach watching parts of it, and I'm not surprised coming from David Fincher. But beyond that I thought the story was really engaging and the character development was good, though I didn't really care much about the Wennerstrom story in the last quarter of the movie. Felt like it was kind of rushed and forced.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-kIv204ycUHt0zkFC6dsO3_voxwjkIlNCneyc-JhbZMSdpAgG

Les Miserables (2012)

I really liked the story but I just can't get into the constant singing musicals. Musicals with regular dialogue plus song and dance thrown in are fine, but the constant singing just takes away from it all for me. Thought the lead actors were pretty meh, but Eddie Redmayne, Aaron Tveit, and Samantha Barks (Marius, Enjolras, and Eponine) were excellent.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiNPpC67rKIbWYIsdd2aldnK3iZXJZRqlY-FNhLBz4nHm46aZZfw

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

This movie was equal parts disturbing and excellent. I was sick to my stomach watching parts of it, and I'm not surprised coming from David Fincher. But beyond that I thought the story was really engaging and the character development was good, though I didn't really care much about the Wennerstrom story in the last quarter of the movie. Felt like it was kind of rushed and forced.

I watched that this weekend myself. I like plot twists like that. Felt sorry for her at the end.

Along with:

Total Recall- the remake version with Colin Ferrell- I little different with elements of the old version, but I liked it.

Men in Black 3- Decent.