Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

81L-MiwYQgL._AC_SY741_.jpg

American automotive designer Carroll Shelby and fearless British race car driver Ken Miles battle corporate interference, the laws of physics and their own personal demons to build a revolutionary vehicle for the Ford Motor Co. Together, they plan to compete against the race cars of Enzo Ferrari at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in France ...

Wow. We needed another great car movie. Christian Bale was awesome. Knocked it out of the park. Never knew the story behind that car, but it made sense, considering that particular color was always dubbed "Le Mans blue"

Amazing movie

Ford's still some ****

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

The Invisible Man

This was awesome. Way better than I expected. Elizabeth Moss is just a stunningly talented actress. As a Mad Men and Handmaids Tale fan, this isn’t a surprise but good grief she’s just something else. 

this was tense, well written and surprising even tho they showed a ton in the trailer. A great remake of a classic story 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The Invisible Man

This was awesome. Way better than I expected. Elizabeth Moss is just a stunningly talented actress. As a Mad Men and Handmaids Tale fan, this isn’t a surprise but good grief she’s just something else. 

this was tense, well written and surprising even tho they showed a ton in the trailer. A great remake of a classic story 

Kevin McCarthy was hyping it up on the Junkies this morning.  I will definitely watch this once it hits Redbox.  I thought the trailer looked awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just watched a (earlier) film by the guy who directed The Invisible Man that's in theaters right now.

The movie was called Upgrade.

Solid B movie with some interesting concepts...almost wish it could get remade again into a big budget movie. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Leave No Trace. Incredibly emotional, poignant, and well made movie. Fantastic acting, great cinematography. It covers a serious issue of PTSD in veterans and their lack of assimilation back into society. One of the best new movies I've seen.  It gets an A 

14 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Mother!

😐

I have no idea what I just watched. Quite possibly the weirdest movie I have ever seen. Just....wow

Dude foreal. Weirdest movie EVER. I wanted to slap myself after I watched that 

• Like 1

Knives Out - 7/10 - it was entertaining but overrated by all the hype.  I didn't like Daniel Craig prior and now I dislike him even more because of his stupid fake ass accent in the movie.

Uncut Gems - 9/10 -VERY good movie and Sandler did a great job.  The way it's filmed is done really well making the viewer feel you are watching it at the pace Sandler is living his life.  My wife even mentioned she felt anxious watching it.  Garnett was surprisingly great as acting as himself too.  Way better than Eminem was in 8 Mile.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2020 at 2:17 AM, abdcskins said:

Mother!

😐

I have no idea what I just watched. Quite possibly the weirdest movie I have ever seen. Just....wow

18 hours ago, max21 said:

Dude foreal. Weirdest movie EVER. I wanted to slap myself after I watched that 

I would have hated that movie if I had not read an in depth explanation of it being an allegory of biblical themes of creation, and the destruction of nature due to God's creation of man.  

Knowing what it was going in, I was able to enjoy it without expecting what was happening on the screen to make sense as a story with real people acting in a rational way.

28 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Uncut Gems - 9/10 -VERY good movie and Sandler did a great job.  The way it's filmed is done really well making the viewer feel you are watching it at the pace Sandler is living his life.  My wife even mentioned she felt anxious watching it.  Garnett was surprisingly great as acting as himself too.  Way better than Eminem was in 8 Mile.

Uncut Gems was great.

Loved that Kevin Garnett had a role in there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nerm said:

I would have hated that movie if I had not read an in depth explanation of it being an allegory of biblical themes of creation, and the destruction of nature due to God's creation of man.  

Knowing what it was going in, I was able to enjoy it without expecting what was happening on the screen to make sense as a story with real people acting in a rational way.

Yeah, after watching the movie I read some reviews that mentioned that.  The problem I have with movies like that is that it is almost impossible to catch that theme without having some prior knowledge going into it, much like you did.  I don't like movies that are heavy-handed with symbolism or allegories that go way over the head of the viewers.

The main problem with the movie is lack of plot.  Every movie needs a plot to keep the story interesting, no matter how "artsy" you want to be.  This movie had almost none.  I will give some praise to the movie for being completely out there and different, it kept me somewhat interested in what was going to happen next.  It made me try to figure out what the meaning was - but in the end I was just completely baffled.  I will give the movie a D+.

When the crowd of people were passing the baby around and its neck snapped I almost laughed because it was so outlandish.

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Yeah, after watching the movie I read some reviews that mentioned that.  The problem I have with movies like that is that it is almost impossible to catch that theme without having some prior knowledge going into it, much like you did.  I don't like movies that are heavy-handed with symbolism or allegories that go way over the head of the viewers.

The main problem with the movie is lack of plot.  Every movie needs a plot to keep the story interesting, no matter how "artsy" you want to be.  This movie had almost none.  I will give some praise to the movie for being completely out there and different, it kept me somewhat interested in what was going to happen next.  It made me try to figure out what the meaning was - but in the end I was just completely baffled.  I will give the movie a D+.

When the crowd of people were passing the baby around and its neck snapped I almost laughed because it was so outlandish.

I agree. I have never recommended the movie to anyone.  There is no coherent story.  I did find some interest in identifying what was being symbolized by various things, but I didn't think it was a good movie. 

I think my interest was similar to looking at a where's Waldo book, trying to find biblical stories being symbolized over the movie.  But the plot/story was about the same as you get from a where's Waldo book... it just doesn't have one.

Edited by Nerm