Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

B+ for "Doctor Sleep".  Just saw that.  A little different.  I really don't remember "The Shining", since I was a kid when I saw it.  Rebecca Ferguson looked hot in it.

2 1/2 hours was a little long I thought.   It took a while to get into the story but once it did, I liked it as it went.  

• Like 1

B for Wonder Woman Bloodlines. One of the most bizarre movies to come out DC Animated in a long time. A lot of interesting things (eg. WW takes

some extreme measures in some of her fights, also they set up WW with a genius arch villain not unlike Lex Luthor for Superman or Ra' Al Ghul for Batman)

but there is a lot of strange, weird and outright bad in this one too. Only for DC Animated diehards (like me).  

Just saw the latest Terminator.  (And then later saw lots of things about how terrible it was.  

I liked it.  Not historical-level cinema.  But then, I don;t go see Terminator movies for deep philosophy, I go for entertainment.  No really lofty goals.  

I had a general problem.  (One I have with lots of action movies, now days.)  I think that SFX have become so cheap that fight scenes have become too complicated, too fast, and too many people to follow,  It's like 5 minutes of scenes that last two seconds each, and I can't even tell who's doing what.  

But I thought the movie actually showed a lot of character.  Something I don't really expect from a Terminator movie, but I'm pleasantly impressed when I see it.  

As is typical, I really enjoyed Schwarznegger's ability to deliver really funny scenes while absolutely deadpan.  I really like that kind of humor.  One line of his I liked, he's explaining how a Terminator became a family man:  

"I'm strong, dependable, very handy, never lose my temper, I'm a good listener, and I'm very funny."  

• Like 2

I liked the new Terminator as well. I was hoping it would be something entirely new but it’s a slight remix of T2 in the way that T2 was a slight remix of the original. 

I liked the cast. It was great having Linda Hamilton back as Sarah Connor and Grace was awesome. However, Arnold steals the movie and it goes up a notch as soon as he gets on screen. He’s pretty funny too and he actually adds something to the Terminator lore that could be used in future movies. 

Spoiler

That he’s a terminator that developed sentience and empathy toward humans without being reprogrammed like he was in T2. 

my biggest flaw with the movie was that while I loved that it continues T2 storyline where their actions actually did stop Judgement Day, something just as easily replaces it. So I was hoping for a finality in this one especially since it’ll likely be Arnold’s last. 

Basically  the timeline is rewritten to where we are now at the end of T1 again just without a savior like John Connor needing to be born. 

speaking of which, it was awesome that they killed his ass in the first 5 minutes of the movie. For one, it’s hard to do him justice (tho I liked Bale as JC) and also it’s nice that he isn’t needed anymore because of the events of T2. 

I liked that Sarah Conner is now Reese, the tough guy who's life's mission is to protect the clueless woman who's vitally important, and doesn't know it. She had some really good lines, too. 

Spoiler

To Schwartzneger:  "And she hasn't noticed that you weigh 400 pounds?"

Another thing I hated? WAY too many "there's a terminator after us 20 feet away, let's have a four minute death scene, here". 

I watched Teen Titans Go vs Teen Titans (rented it on Vudu)  I have a six year old that had a half day, and I did not want to make small talk with other parents on a play date... so I rented a cartoon and watched it while she pretended to be interested to avoid hurting my feelings.  I thought it was funny. 

A- for Castlevania Season 2. Not a movie I know, but the BR/DVD of Season 2 has just come out, and its a doozy. Best thing about the show is the huge

array of personalities introduced in Season 2, from the wisecracking Trevor Belmont to the vampire seductress Carmilla -- a woman as beautiful 

as Amber Heard, as fast as Usain Bolt, and as strong as Hercules (while looking extremely feminine -- don't worry, no bodybuilder muscles here). 

For those of you let down by GOT, this show is your tonic. 

Edited by Mournblade

Ad Astra.  Only good part was when the chimp attacked Brad Pitt.

Edit: The part in the beginning where Brad Pitt fell off the space ladder was also pretty cool.  If they'd had the chimp push him off the ladder or maybe attack him on the way down the movie could have been 3 minutes.  Would have been masterpiece.

Edited by kfrankie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Saw "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" today.  

Warning, the movie isn't what you think it is.

Spoiler

You are expecting a movie about Fred Rogers but in reality Fred Rogers is a secondary character.  The movie is really about the writer, who writes a story about Fred Rogers.  You get snippets of Fred's TV show life but the story is really how Fred Rogers impacts the writers life and how writer comes to terms with his mom's death and his estrangement with his father.

Despite the movie not being you think it is, it was still a good movie.  So,  I'll give it a B-.   B- because the movie promotion is a little deceptive.  

• Like 1

Frozen 2. Grade: F. Wow...just...WOW. One of the worst movies I've seen in a couple of years. Now, bad movies are being pumped out all the time,

but "Frozen" is a Disney/Pixar flagship franchise, just like the Incredibles, Toy Story etc. Marketing campaign behind it was huge, expectations were huge,

but the movie is just TERRIBLE. Weak, confusing story, humor that falls flat throughout the entire film (NO ONE in a packed theater was laughing), and

the music is utterly forgettable. This is to Pixar what Fallout 76 was to Bethesda -- a huge failure that they are going to have a hard time living down. 

Forget impeaching Donald Trump. Impeach John Lasseter. What a disaster. 

15 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Frozen 2. Grade: F. Wow...just...WOW. One of the worst movies I've seen in a couple of years. Now, bad movies are being pumped out all the time,

but "Frozen" is a Disney/Pixar flagship franchise, just like the Incredibles, Toy Story etc. Marketing campaign behind it was huge, expectations were huge,

but the movie is just TERRIBLE. Weak, confusing story, humor that falls flat throughout the entire film (NO ONE in a packed theater was laughing), and

the music is utterly forgettable. This is to Pixar what Fallout 76 was to Bethesda -- a huge failure that they are going to have a hard time living down. 

Forget impeaching Donald Trump. Impeach John Lasseter. What a disaster. 

I saw it. I thought it was O.K.  I'll give it a C.  It doesn't match the original but the kids will like it and that's what will make it  a money maker.

Next up- 21 Bridges.