Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Watched Joker.

It was very good, but it’s definitely a hard movie to watch.  Kinda like Requiem for a Dream in that it’s simply grating at times.  But it’s very effective in how it goes.  Juaquin Phoenix plays a great Joker.  I think I still prefer Heath Ledger, but man it was a good movie.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Watched Joker.

It was very good, but it’s definitely a hard movie to watch.  Kinda like Requiem for a Dream in that it’s simply grating at times.  But it’s very effective in how it goes.  Juaquin Phoenix plays a great Joker.  I think I still prefer Heath Ledger, but man it was a good movie.

I don't think you can really compare JP's Joker to any other iteration. He wasn't really playing the Joker, he was playing someone with a mental disorder for 95% of the movie. If he didn't dress up like a clown at the end, this movie could be mistaken for a Paul Thomas Anderson film like The Master or Phantom Thread. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don't think you can really compare JP's Joker to any other iteration. He wasn't really playing the Joker, he was playing someone with a mental disorder for 95% of the movie. If he didn't dress up like a clown at the end, this movie could be mistaken for a Paul Thomas Anderson film like The Master or Phantom Thread. 

Im still thinking about it 2 days later so that’s effective.

• Like 1

The Strange Thing About The Johnsons

Just learned about this movie and watched it today....holy ****ing ****. it's only 29 minutes but jeebus--I don't quite know how to process this movie. The same guy who did Hereditary and Midsommar did this one.

It's on youtube...if you're curious and want to watch it do yourself a favor and do NOT read up about it or read reviews or watch any "trailers". Just dive right in lol...sheesh.

tstatj_.jpg

20 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Dolemite Is My Name.  Didn't realize how much I missed Eddie Murphy until now.  This is great.  A for me.  It's on Netflix and a fun movie with a lot of hilarious parts and some touching moments, too.  

They really did a great job with the movie. Eddie was great, Da'Vine Joy Randolph was great as Lady Reed, Wesely Snipes was great.

my grandfather used to play Dolemite's tapes all the time so i was familiar with the comedy, but not so much the movie aspect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, max21 said:

The new Lion King was kinda whatever, super dope visually but kinda wasn’t as epic as I hoped it would be. Didn’t think it was bad though, it didn’t deliver much emotion or hypness other than Mufasas death. 

yeah it was weird. Looks amazing but so much of the dialogue was the exact same yet it was delivered differently which made it feel so off especially Mufasa’s lines because it’s still JEJ saying all the likes I know just not how I know them. Seth Rogen as Pumba stole the show imo. 

it was still a good movie because it’s just a fantastic story which is why it’s widely considered the greatest cartoon ever. 

It was entertaining and as a fan of the cartoon, it was fine if unnecessary   

• Like 1

I saw Terminator: Dark Fate.  It gets a C+ -     I liked the movie. It was good to see Linda Hamilton kick ass again and Arnold as his terminator again.  It's a direct sequel to Terminator 2, so the other 3 Terminator movies never happened.   While it was good to see Linda and Arnold again, this movie felt like they were just remaking Terminator 2 in many aspects with a different twist.  Because of that, I can't give the movie a grade better than a C.    

This could be last one but there's a window for another one, if this one makes the money.  I think it's probably time to put the franchise to rest.

• Like 2

Saw Jo Jo Rabbit yesterday. Not sure what I think of it. It was sort of an absurd comedy about the Nazi Hitler Youth movement, but at the same time it was a dark and serious movie. The juxtaposition threw me off a bit. I think it was a fine movie, but there is something about it which nagged at me.

On 10/26/2019 at 9:45 PM, Califan007 said:

The Strange Thing About The Johnsons

Just learned about this movie and watched it today....holy ****ing ****. it's only 29 minutes but jeebus--I don't quite know how to process this movie. The same guy who did Hereditary and Midsommar did this one.

It's on youtube...if you're curious and want to watch it do yourself a favor and do NOT read up about it or read reviews or watch any "trailers". Just dive right in lol...sheesh.

I'm watching this now and I better not regret it.