Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

5 hours ago, purbeast said:

The Raid is so ****ing badass.  It's one of those movies that I wish I could watch again for the first time, not knowing what is going to happen.  I remember feeling that same way after I watched The Matrix.

Hech yeah it is.  That scene at the end when it's him and his brother vs the sidekick dude...epic!  The sequel to Raid: Redemption was pretty dang good, too.  

Men In Black International

Dont know why this movie was necessary.  It's not awful, but it's not compelling enough to bother with either if you're not an MIB franchise fan.  

And it was painfully obvious who the villain was from the trailers.  It's the old "they didnt cast this person to not be important" thing.

• Like 1

The Hate You Give is an intense provocative movie with an interesting take on how hard it is to escape the cultures in which we grow up.  I thought it provided a better case for the Black Lives Matter movement than much of the TV punditry ever did by attaching a narrative to what seems abstract for those of us not living the crisis.  It deserves its Rotten Tomatoes score of 97.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gbear said:

The Hate You Give is an intense provocative movie with an interesting take on how hard it is to escape the cultures in which we grow up.  I thought it provided a better case for the Black Lives Matter movement than much of the TV punditry ever did by attaching a narrative to what seems abstract for those of us not living the crisis.  It deserves its Rotten Tomatoes score of 97.

Same, I thought it was phenomenal.  Stenberg is going to be a megastar.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

American Werewolf in London.  I love this movie.  It’s one of the films that made me into a horror fan early in life despite my father’s overly dramatic sigh and judgey shakes of his head.  (He still does that.)  There are some really well put together horror scenes here but enough laughs to keep it from becoming too dark and dreary.  Great sound track, consisting of songs that mostly have the word moon in the title.  It even has some things it shouldn’t, like Nazi werewolfs with automatic weapons, which I had managed to erase entirely from memory (with good reason).  Werewolf movies aren’t exactly a category filled with classics, but this one managed to achieve that status in the horror genre.  

I meant to ask last night...those of you that saw Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, did you guys catch a glimpse of Samuel L Jackson?  Or were my eyes playing tricks on me?

Spoiler

The scene where Leo is shooting his western with Timothy Olyphant, he walks into the bar, looks to his left and sees a table of three men sitting there.  The one in the middle was a black guy but had a hat on and was kind of in a shadow, was hard to see.  But it looked like Samuel L Jackson.  They showed him a couple minutes later for a few seconds.  Still couldn't make him out.  I'm assuming it would be all over the internet if true but I can't find anything about it.  

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I meant to ask last night...those of you that saw Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, did you guys catch a glimpse of Samuel L Jackson?  Or were my eyes playing tricks on me?

Hide contents

The scene where Leo is shooting his western with Timothy Olyphant, he walks into the bar, looks to his left and sees a table of three men sitting there.  The one in the middle was a black guy but had a hat on and was kind of in a shadow, was hard to see.  But it looked like Samuel L Jackson.  They showed him a couple minutes later for a few seconds.  Still couldn't make him out.  I'm assuming it would be all over the internet if true but I can't find anything about it.  

I didn't notice him and i haven't seen anything about a cameo. Would have been pretty cool though. The only easter egg type thing I noticed in the moment was the directos on one of Ray Dalton's spaghetti western was Antonio Margheriti which was the fake Italian name the Bear Jew uses undercover in Inglorious Basterds. 

• Like 2

Saw "Hobbs & Shaw". It was pretty good. Jason & The Rock have good chemistry, so you can see why they did a spinoff.  There are 2 bonus scenes. Around mid credits and after the credits are done. Also, a couple scenes playing as credits start rolling.

I'll give movie a solid B+. A good late summer action flick.

Edited by Rdskns2000
  • Like 2

Hobbs and shaw was fun. Completely ridiculous. Completely fake. If you think Vin Diesel purposely wrecking his car to send himself flying through the air to catch Liddy as she was falling was crazy and stupid...well you haven’t seen anything yet lol. If you ever wanted to know “is the rock stronger than a helicopter?” ...you’ll have your answer 

A couple of surprise cameos were fun too 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 2:49 PM, gbear said:

Loved it.

———

Just watched the movie “Tag” again, it’s a good comedy with a surprising tug of the heartstrings at the end. It’s based on a true story of friends who pledged to continue a game of tag into adulthood to keep their friendship intact. 

There are 4-5 incredibly funny scenes — the film has a healthy dose of subtle comedy as well as the over the top stupidity so many of us enjoy.

Solid 7.5/10 in the comedy section. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 2:49 PM, gbear said:

On 7/29/2019 at 2:53 PM, Chew said:

Same, I thought it was phenomenal.  Stenberg is going to be a megastar.  

Watched this based on your recommendations. Thanks guys, I’ll simply echo your comments. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Batman "Hush": A-. Animation is excellent, story is great (particularly the unexpected relationship between Batman and Catwoman), except for the ending

which I found a bit of a letdown. Still, another excellent contribution from DC Animation.  

Disturbia.  That remake of Hitch****'s Rear Window.  It's on iTunes for 5 bucks.  

First of all, I can't believe this movie came out in 2007.  Second, I can't believe I like something with Shia LaBeouf in it.  He stays in his lane in this one, an awkward, fast talking teenager with an angry streak who keeps putting himself in bad situations.  Sarah Roemer is nice to look at, David Morse plays a good creepy neighbor that LaBeouf's character spies on.  

It is a PG-13, 5 dollar, summer thriller type movie and I don't think it attempts to be anything more than that.    I don't care what you think, I like it.  B.  

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I caught the last 30 minutes of it, Holy hell, Aquaman is terrible.  Do I need to watch it from the beginning?  This is an F until someone tells me seeing the Black Manta scenes are worth it, seasick barf.

Amber Heard looks hot in it. That's it. Absolutely brutal movie. I can't believe they're actually making an Aquaman 2 (and that bunch of saps will go see it).  

• Like 1