Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: Why the Redskins need Andrew Luck (Update: Going on 106.7 the Fan)

themurf

Oh my you and Laverne together???? Only way it could be better it if it was Art or TK too! I'm gonna find the stream just to listen to this. I'm sure it will be much more civil and informative with you, but i like the fireworks!

Like I said to Lavar months ago, he's got an open invite to come here to talk with ES anytime he wants to. All he has to do is say the word & I'll set him up an account.

I agree. We don't need the best QB ever to be a good team. If we can get a GOOD QB without sacrificing the house, then it's worth it. If Luck was the only QB worth anything in this draft, then it is a different story, but if there are other talented QB's coming out, take on of them and build the team.

BTW, who exactly is going to block for Luck when we get him? Who is he going to throw to? Gaffney? Please. We would struggle to find talent to surround him with if we sacrificed more than 2 1sts and a few lower picks.

Im sorry but Im so sick of this argument. First of all, lets look at an elite QB like Manning who made Reggie Wayne. Without Manning, Wayne is garbage, right? Secondly, same can be said of their Oline. Even the Steelers Oline. Their Oline has looked very shaky this year but Ben makes playes. Third, we can address Line/WR out of free agency. Bowe becomes a free agent, so does Vjax(I think), Waynes an FA too, but as I stated before I always though Manning made him look good. People seem to also forget we spent a 2nd rounder on Hankerson and I think hes going to be a great WR for years to come. Or what do you want us to do, go after 2 WR's in the draft like we did with Kelly and Thomas? That worked out well....As for O-lineman, we got out #1 tackle in the draft in Trent, we can go after Oline in later rounds as well. If we get Luck in the 1st, and everyones still crying over protection, then go Oline in the 2nd/3rd. We got our TE, we got our decent WR's. We got our young RB. We even got our LT. I mean give me a break with the supporting cast. If you put Brees, Manning, Brady, Ben, Rodgers, Rivers, Romo sits to pee, Vick, Eli, Schaub, heck even Cam Newton on our team we would be 100x better. This isnt 1985, you dont get a great Oline and a average to below average QB and win titles. You get the stud and you build around him. I could care less what we give up for Luck, I would trade it all personally, Id rather take the risk on him then do another 4 years of drafting the same stupid crap and being 8-8. At least with him we have hope. Sell the barn for luck, for once lets actually go for a risk. And dont give me that Vinny talk. Vinny traded picks for overweight and out of shape/past their prime veterans, not a young stud. Bottom line, we have a fine supporting cast and it will only get better, were actually decently young, get the QB.

If somehow we end up the worst team with the #1 pick I'd be 100% for trading it away for 4 first rounders and still get the 2nd best QB in the draft. Too bad no NFL team will be moronic enough to do what a lot of skins fans suggest here.

I would say that maybe Cinci would trade up to do this considering they now have at least 3 maybe 4 firsts the next 2 drafts, but Dalton is looking legit.

Im sorry but Im so sick of this argument. First of all, lets look at an elite QB like Manning who made Reggie Wayne. Without Manning, Wayne is garbage, right? Secondly, same can be said of their Oline. Even the Steelers Oline. Their Oline has looked very shaky this year but Ben makes playes.

The problem here is that almost every elite NFL QB other than Manning was taken later in the draft. So we trade 4 firsts for Luck, then find out in 2-3 years that 1-2 of the other guys are just as good or better. Kinda like when the Giants traded everything for Eli. They could have just picked Roethlisberger or Rivers and had a BETTER QB.

If somehow we end up the worst team with the #1 pick I'd be 100% for trading it away for 4 first rounders and still get the 2nd best QB in the draft. Too bad no NFL team will be moronic enough to do what a lot of skins fans suggest here.

I would say that maybe Cinci would trade up to do this considering they now have at least 3 maybe 4 firsts the next 2 drafts, but Dalton is looking legit.

the problem with that is that you'd need a team in position for the 2nd QB to be willing to make that offer. Sure, maybe SOME team would make that offer, but they wouldn't be anywhere near a spot that could nab the 2nd rated QB.

Without Manning, Wayne is garbage, right?

I agree with your overall premise that you need an elite QB to consistently win in the NFL. But the above quote made me seriously discredit everything else you said.

Wayne is one of the cleanest route-runners you'll ever see, and has unbelievable hands. To say that a guy who will get legitimate consideration for the HOF is garbage reflects poor football knowledge.

I'm really hoping the following meme catches hold:

"Andrew Luck is a great QB and will probably be picked #1, but the 2012 draft is so, so deep at the QB position. Assuming the Skins have a mid- to upper-first round pick and want to address their QB weakness, they'll be able to get a great player to build around. So, all the talk about Luck is a little misguided. Besides, we've seen that top-pick QBs aren't always the best: just ask guys who fell in the draft, like Joe Montana, Dan Marino, and Aaron Rodgers."

If that idea picked up steam, maybe it would give us some trade leverage to trade up for Luck... wishful thinking I'm sure, but hey, you never know!

Redskins need a Big Time quarterback. Without a quarterback your team most likely wouldn't be that good with the exception of few. As you've seen the Packers are a great all around team because they have a play making quarterback "Aaron Rodgers". Redskins need that play making quarterback which i believe is Andrew Luck.

Good appearance by Murf, but I agreed with Dukes what team would be foolish enough to trade Luck if he's as good as advertised, talk about having to explain that to your fan base.

Having the #1 is a win win. How do you explain it? You still can get another of the good QBs plus you get all the picks.

If we had #1 even I, an avid Franchise QB or bust fan, would be okay with getting 4 1sts.

Isn't there a saying about eggs and baskets that is applicable here?

If the NFL draft only consisted of a 1st round then, yes, it would be applicable. Or if people were talking about trading 3 entire drafts or something...but they aren't. In this instance people are generally talking about putting 3-4 potentially high value eggs in a basket based on the premise/likelihood that, down the road, said basket will end up being worth 10 times what the eggs you put in it were worth.

Archived