Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Finally got a chance to see the mid season finale.

Holy. ****.

Finally got that war.  And I'm glad that they ended it similar to the comic.  I love how they've tied the tv show and the comic together in key scenes while maintaining a relatively independent story line in each.  The scene with Rick and Carl running through the woods, with the prison in the far background, and Rick saying, "Don't look back.  Don't look back!" alluded to the comic and tugged at the heart strings of what happened in that comic.  (If you haven't read the comic, this moment was probably the top emotional moment of the series but the tv show did it much differently.  It's a must read.  My wife dislikes comics.  But she read it months ago and cried during that whole part of the story.)

Some have expressed disappointment in how the Governor was portrayed but I like the tv version.  They made him more human.  Easier to relate with. Gave him an opportunity for redemption, but he couldn't escape his self-serving ego which fostered his psychopathic side.  I think they could've kept him around awhile longer and I was kind of hoping he'd fill that lake with zombies like he did with the heads in fish tanks at Woodbury.  For a moment, I thought he was going to take Herschel's head as a trophy!

Back to the tv show... I'm excited about where they'll take the group now and I expect it to remain deviated from the comic.  Can't wait to see how they progress the tv story!

Finally got a chance to see the mid season finale.

Holy. ****.

Nice man, thanks for tying the show and comic together with out any spoilers ... 

What was the Governor like in the comics??

If you had to put a number on how closely the show follows the comic what would you say?  (anyone feel free to chime in)

100% being exactly like the comic ... 

For me one of the best parts of this episodes was when Alisha got shot by the little girl. The look on her face when she saw the little kids what do you think she was thinking? Also I wanted the governor to suffer more or atleast say something he just laid there.

freaking amazing ... 

anyone make this connection ... 

Tyrese would probably kill Carol if he found out that she killed his girlfriend, but in the end, if wasn't for Carol training those little girls, Tyrese would be dead because they saved his life using that very same training from Carol. 

I'm sold on the idea that the little girl killed Tyreese's girlfriend and the other sick guy.

I had a feeling that Carol was protecting her when she owned up to the murders. The dissected rat pretty much confirmed it for me.

What if Carol did do it and now that her actions saved Tyreese's life, he'll be more forgiving.   Without Carol telling the children to take care of themselves, they would have never saved him.

What was the Governor like in the comics??

If you had to put a number on how closely the show follows the comic what would you say?  (anyone feel free to chime in)

100% being exactly like the comic ... 

I'd say the tv show is about 60-70% like the comic but it also offers unique storylines that are not in the comic at all.  I've noticed the tv show will take parts of the comic and attach it to the wrong character. The writers have also mixed up the order in which a number of things happened in the comic vs the tv show.  This is great for comic fans like myself b/c you "kind of" know what is coming, but you won't know which character will execute that part of the story.

The Governor of the comic would have never made it on to cable television.  But the tv writers did a great job showing just how demented the world has made him.

I won't mention specifics in here.  But in the Spoiler Thread I'd be happy to talk about it.  And I will say... the comic is fantastic.  No matter your age, you will enjoy reading it.

I'd say the tv show is about 60-70% like the comic but it also offers unique storylines that are not in the comic at all.  I've noticed the tv show will take parts of the comic and attach it to the wrong character. The writers have also mixed up the order in which a number of things happened in the comic vs the tv show.  This is great for comic fans like myself b/c you "kind of" know what is coming, but you won't know which character will execute that part of the story.

The Governor of the comic would have never made it on to cable television.  But the tv writers did a great job showing just how demented the world has made him.

I won't mention specifics in here.  But in the Spoiler Thread I'd be happy to talk about it.  And I will say... the comic is fantastic.  No matter your age, you will enjoy reading it.

nice thanks Ellis ... will it be a spoiler if you have info on what/who the Governor was in the real world? Does the comic even cover that? 

Yes or no is fine if you don't want give anything away!

AT first I was disappointed in the differences in the comic v. tv version of the Gov. But then i realized I'm very happy they weren't carbon copies. On Tv, you got the chance to like him. Even if just a little bit. 

nice thanks Ellis ... will it be a spoiler if you have info on what/who the Governor was in the real world? Does the comic even cover that? 

Yes or no is fine if you don't want give anything away!

There is a series of novels, Rise of the Governor, The Road to Woodbury and The Fall of the Governor, that cover his life in a lot of detail.  Way more than the comic does.  In fact the whole sequence where he met Lilly and her family was out of Rise of the Governor (which is the only one I've read so far). 

On another note, and I apologize if it's already been discussed, are Lizzy and Mika supposed to be the TV version of Billy and Ben from the comic?  It seems like thats the direction they are heading in.

Also, I agree with Ellis, the comic is great.  I find myself actually looking forward to the new issue of the comic every month more than I look forward to the show sometimes.

What if Carol did do it and now that her actions saved Tyreese's life, he'll be more forgiving.   Without Carol telling the children to take care of themselves, they would have never saved him.

Werent the kids supposed to take care of the baby though?  I think they left the baby to get the weapons.

Really good episode, unfortunately they waited until the mid-season finale to show a good episode.

This  first half of season  4  was much better than last season. The only good episode last season was Clear but the rest of S3 just spun its wheels without direction.  Glad the Gov. is gone. 

Enjoyed the last episode and this season.  Glad the Gov is done too - and that Michonne got to do her thing to take care of him!

Looking forward to seeing what transpires w/ the group split up, the whorde, possible Carol re-appearance and if we find out whoever was the mystery group that took out that random camp the Gov and his boys stumbled upon.

Also - I wonder if Morgan Jones (the sniper guy played by Lennie James going bonkers alone in that town) will ever pop up again?

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to bump this to say that I ****ing love this show. I wanted to get in on it when the pilot first aired, but I was too busy catching up with Lost to care. 

I hate zombie themed stuff. I think its the most done to death plot out there, especially when it comes to movies. But I love this show (probably because everything is slowed down to where its not only aim/shoot/double tap). I love everything about it. Every now and then I always think about what life would be like if the world were to all of a sudden come to an end, and this show kind of brings some of those scenarios to life.

I'm currently in the middle of Season 3, when Mishon (sp) kills Penny, tries to kill the governor, and jacks up his eye. I formed my post on the first page to avoid any spoilers, but  I will say that once I catch up, I look forward to jumping in here once things start up and rolling again.

Welcome aboard, Sinister.  Better late than never ;)

You're already hooked, so there's no need for me to try and sell you on it.  But TWD is the first show since LOST that had me hooked from week to week.

Man I was hooked just off of the pilot. There are some similarities between Lost and this show... Must be why I love it so much. Can't say I was all that happy with Dale and Shane's death (so early when it comes to Shane), mainly because I figured you always need a straight shooter, and a good tragic hero, but I guess Herschel is now the straight shooter, and Shane and Laurie's deaths were necessary for Ricks character development/transformation.

I'm not really even a big tv show/series guy, but every now and then, something just reels you in.

Just wanted to bump this to say that I ****ing love this show. I wanted to get in on it when the pilot first aired, but I was too busy catching up with Lost to care. 

I hate zombie themed stuff. I think its the most done to death plot out there, especially when it comes to movies. But I love this show (probably because everything is slowed down to where its not only aim/shoot/double tap). I love everything about it. Every now and then I always think about what life would be like if the world were to all of a sudden come to an end, and this show kind of brings some of those scenarios to life.

I'm currently in the middle of Season 3, when Mishon (sp) kills Penny, tries to kill the governor, and jacks up his eye. I formed my post on the first page to avoid any spoilers, but  I will say that once I catch up, I look forward to jumping in here once things start up and rolling again.

Yeah most of the newer movies suck but occasionally you can get a modification of the story that makes a very satisfying product. Rent "The Dead," a zombie movie based in Africa - it's good (but depressing).

Yeah most of the newer movies suck but occasionally you can get a modification of the story that makes a very satisfying product. Rent "The Dead," a zombie movie based in Africa - it's good (but depressing).

I think I might be the only guy who also liked "Quarantine" (the first one) though it's more the "quasi-zombie" category according to some.

Okay so I just finished season 4 pt 1. Man I did not expect the finale to go down the way it did... Poor Hershel. Just when I thought Gov had turned over a new leaf, he goes back to his old ways, reminding you that people like that simply cannot come back from the evil stuff they do. It's just in their nature to corrupt, control, and destroy everything.

I'm not a huge action guy when it comes to stuff like this. I think its pretty clear that the purpose of the show at least (obviously haven't read the novels/comics) is the everyday struggle to survive, and hold on to some semblance of humanity, not just fighting off walkers, but fighting off people, and disease/starvation, etc. Thats what I love so much about this show. 

Can't wait to see what they come out with next. In the beginning of the first season, i figured things would evolve into a Resident Evil-ish govt conspiracy, and it honestly surprised me that it seemingly went there so fast with the explosion at the CDC facility,. I'm glad its kept things pretty simple. I will admit thought that part of me wishes there was some super strain/cell transformation that turns people into Super Walkers or something.

I think in part 2, Carl is revealed to be the "Psychopath" thats been feeding the walkers, after he gunned down homeboy in the woods, and pumpped multiple rounds into the walkers after he saw that Judith wasn't in the baby carrier thing. Don't know how you get a better new bad guy than the Governor though. That guy was awesome.

• 1 month later...

Archived