Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

I laughed during the show when Rick started with the "I don't make decisions anymore" bit.

How about when they opened up on the prison with a ****ing tank and not one of the shots during the entire assault was aimed at the people shooting at them? Every single one was aimed harmlessly at the walls of the building.

Not following you...

Sorry, that was an inside joke from me being a former active duty Army infantryman and poking fun at my National Guard brothers. I was implying that for an attack to go that poorly it must have been conducted by the National Guard.  

I agree it was a fairly unrealistically poor attack on the prison.

How about when they opened up on the prison with a ****ing tank and not one of the shots during the entire assault was aimed at the people shooting at them? Every single one was aimed harmlessly at the walls of the building.

Which is precisely where they didn't want to hit being that they aimed to make a home of the prison. I think the governor either said, or at least implied, exactly that. It wasn't lost on me that Rick's people had the high ground, long guns, and time to aim.... But failed to hit just about anyone as the crossed an entirely open field below. Most of them didn't seem to be behind the tank for a while and many were driving around in regular trucks.

Then again this was the episode where a zombie, the things with skulls so squishy women can easily smash them, was used as a shield against assault rifle fire. I don't think the writers have ever shot a gun or care to make sense.

Sorry, that was an inside joke from me being a former active duty Army infantryman and poking fun at my National Guard brothers. I was implying that for an attack to go that poorly it must have been conducted by the National Guard.  

Haha, we made the same jokes when I was in the Army as an 11C.  A National Guard unit was attached to us at the National Training Center one summer and we gave them hell about their lack of training, :)

Really good episode, unfortunately they waited until the mid-season finale to show a good episode.

I disagree - I enjoyed some of the character development and while I thought it could have been done in less time, was ultimately necessary. I really enjoyed the Governor as he was a bad ass villain, so I liked seeing what happened to him after the S3 finale.

All in all, I'm excited for the direction the show is taking. No more prison - no more farm - group is split up. Endless possibilities (I didn't read the comics).

It's strange that try spent two episodes on him completely before they killed him off so quickly.

I do worry that this show lacks direction and will never be regarded like Breaking Bad. Worried it will turn out more like SOA.

I thought those two episodes should have been at the beginning of the season actually, would have made more sense.

It's strange that try spent two episodes on him completely before they killed him off so quickly.

I do worry that this show lacks direction and will never be regarded like Breaking Bad. Worried it will turn out more like SOA.

For me, it is somewhere in between those two, and only because i prefer zombies over bikers.  Otherwise, it doesn't really hold a candle to Breaking Bad.

Also I wanted the governor to suffer more or atleast say something he just laid there.

This!  dude took a katana through the back and then got shot in the head 30 seconds later. 

I was hoping Michonne would cut off his arms and legs and leave his stubby ass there to be eaten by walkers.  Then maybe squat and take a poop in his empty eye socket.

shooting him in the head was an easier death than letting the Walkers have their way. As I was talking about with Rictus, when Rick was trying to deal with the Gov, I was surprised he didn't bring up the awful things he did. Yeah, those other people probably wouldn't have bought it. But he didn't even try.

Oh, and before going down there I would have said "I want the two best shots with their sights aimed at the Govs head. If he does anything, take the head off the snake.

Guess they wanted to scuttle the "group" so they need to start over.

Haha, we made the same jokes when I was in the Army as an 11C.  A National Guard unit was attached to us at the National Training Center one summer and we gave them hell about their lack of training, :)

National Guard=No Go  LOL!  That's what we used to call them in Basic.

Archived