Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

The irony in all this.... is Rick eventually turned into the leader that Shane was. Making all the hard decisions.... not always doing the right thing but what needs to be done to protect the group. If it wasn`t for him always trying to screw Lori... you could almost sympathize with him :)

A great show that explores the human condition faced with seemingly no hope. Thats why im glued, that and killing zombies. Whats not to love?

Me too. Thats what I love most. I get why some people may not like it, because of some of the slow moments, but to me, thats where it separates itself from the tired, played out, gimmicky stuff. It's about a lot more than just zombies. It's about the everyday struggle to survive,  the things that you have to be willing to do to survive, and struggling to keep even a single shred of humanity in a world completely torn to ****. It's all about the chapters within the story.

I love that.

Apparently the producers say its suppose to get really dark. I hope they don't kill off the whole cast now, they have more seasons to go!

Probably dark psychologically speaking ....more suffering and mental anguish

More of the dark side of their personality emerging as well

Probably dark psychologically speaking ....more suffering and mental anguish

More of the dark side of their personality emerging as well

Agreed. I think Carl has a role to play in that. There was the whole "Who is feeding the walkers and killing rats" thing going on.... Then you also have the whole deal with him killing the kid after the first attack from the Governor, and then Lenny telling him "Don't ever be sorry" after he shot him, giving him reason to slip further into sociopath-ville.

There was also that weird thing when Rick called on him when the prison was being overrun, and everytime, it seemed like he had to call several times for Carl to show up. Might not mean much, but I think there have been a few subtle hints that something major is getting ready to happen with him. Then there's the whole "I just saw a mans head get chopped off, and my sister get killed (I really hope that didn't happen)" bit. That kid's been through the wringer.

I accidentally went in the spoiler/comic thread, and saw something that may allude even more to an ominous rest of the season. It was only a matter of time before things got really really really bad. They lucked out with the prison. Unless they head for the coast, or find a helicopter/plane or something, they are SOL.

It as the next logical place to go (hardship/inner demons) since there seems to be no more viable antagonists/tragic heroes (at the moment).

I accidentally went in the spoiler/comic thread, and saw something that may allude even more to an ominous rest of the season. It was only a matter of time before things got really really really bad. They lucked out with the prison. Unless they head for the coast, or find a helicopter/plane or something, they are SOL.

The show has not exactly followed the comics. A lot of things are different and a lot of characters had or have different fates. Even after looking over some of the comics I feel like I really do not know what is going to happen in the show because it has been so different.

Yeah. Bout time they finally delved into Michonne's past, and the reason why she had those two guys chained up. It was hinted at a ton in Season 3, but she would always be quick to change the subject.

My idiot brother kept trying to engage me in conversation, and it happened right as she had that breakdown or whatever it was in the kitchen of whatever camp they were in, when their arms got chopped off.

I thought I was going to be right for a second, about Carl going full on sociopath, but it looks like he realizes he can't quite cut it yet on his own. I'm not sure yet if I want to throw fire on that though. I definitely don't think that was the last throwdown between Carl and Rick.

I wonder who that girl was that Michonne saw in the woods.

Good episode.  Great job by the guy who plays Carl.  He really ran the full spectrum of emotions in this one...

Agreed - I'm glad we finally got a chance to learn more about Michonne's back story....

The scene w/ Herschel's severed head was creepy. 

Looking forward to seeing what the other group members are up to.

Yeah. Bout time they finally delved into Michonne's past, and the reason why she had those two guys chained up. It was hinted at a ton in Season 3, but she would always be quick to change the subject.

My idiot brother kept trying to engage me in conversation, and it happened right as she had that breakdown or whatever it was in the kitchen of whatever camp they were in, when their arms got chopped off.

I thought I was going to be right for a second, about Carl going full on sociopath, but it looks like he realizes he can't quite cut it yet on his own. I'm not sure yet if I want to throw fire on that though. I definitely don't think that was the last throwdown between Carl and Rick.

It wasn't anyone, she just looked sort of like Michonne, which freaked her out

The 10-15 minutes spent in this episode to follow Carl around to display his complete incompetence was some of the worst/boring TV I've seen in a really long time. I can't think of one other episode that I didn't enjoy, but this one was unbearable at times.

The Michonne dreams were alright, it's about time they give us some answers for her past. The actress that played her was on the Talking Dead afterwards. Every time she spoke I cringed. I don't know if she was just nervous, but her blatant attempt to try and act like the most intelligent actress to set foot on Earth was hilarious. She would not stop talking, every time the host would try to move on to another question she would break of into another tangent. She definitley enjoys hearing herself talk.

Great episode. I love when a show jumps into back stories and gives us some history.  I also like the fact that they didn't show us all of the characters last night and where they are and instead just focused on a few.  

I love the methodical pace of this show. 

She saw herself in that walker girl with the dreads.  Like a mirror of what she could be, etc.  So out came the sword to finish that off. 

Carl got the 'whoopin' from life last night.  Hopefully this KID realizes he is not a man, just yet.  The door and fending off the 3 zombies let him know, hey - I still need help.  He would not be ok if his dad died.  Also ammo conservation, it's paramount when you are alone.

Also - I'm afraid he'd have caught a right hook after the "Remember him?" comment.

Glad Michonne is finally ready to let people in again, and she chose life.  (Gurira wouldn't shut up on Talking Dead)

And yay for chocolate pudding 2 years into the zombie apocalypse.

I surprisingly enjoyed last night's episode and Carl's development. I was about to lose my mind when Rick wouldn't wake up. I was thinking, "there's NO way they would kill Rick off like that!" ...

It was also kind of nice seeing an un-tainted house - sent a little reminder of how life used to be. 

The Michonne stuff was interesting - but I don't know what it is...I'm just not in love with her character. The slaughter in the end was cool, though...

Archived