Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

I thought for sure that Glen was going to die - thank goodness the search party came back when they did with the meds. 

I'm also glad that this show is back - last season was so stale and got really boring with all of the build up... I was hoping they would be leaving the prison, but I am glad they are going more first season with trips out to the surrounding suburbs.

That is really creepy :)

This season has been pretty good, really hope the Governor doesn't drag it down.

I agree, this episode was enthralling. This season has been great.

I hope the Gov doesn't bring back old storylines that I have no more interest in. If he's just the same character who's got a grudge then it could get old real fast.

Loved the last episode. It was enthralling, well written, and extremely intense.  Kudos to the writers for using the Steinbeck quote from 'Travels with Charley'......“A sad soul can kill you quicker, far quicker, than a germ."

Btw, I want a Hershel Greene page-a-day quote calendar.  :) 

Agreed - wow, what an episode.  Hershel really did capture that episode - well done....

Def looking forward to what the Gov brings back.  In one of the sneaks previews - it looked like he was camped & there were 3 tents.  So, I guess those 2 dudes he left w/ are still hanging w/ him.

About all that, a scenario of interest to me in life after the apocalypse (which I hope they're doing) is showing how something like an outbreak of a disease (or any other "natural disaster") can make any "safe haven" an instant and fertile garden for new zombies. You don't just get to fight off the zombies themselves and simply bar the doors, you have to be vigilant about normal deaths with your ranks, and if one does die of illness or accident, you get to kill them again. In any such haven, the reality is someone can be out walking and have a stroke, or fall and fatally injure themselves, etc. and then you're potentially ****ed to some degree or another regardless of your fortifications. It's just more survival fun!! :P  

Isn't the them of this show that you are screwed regardless of what you do? 

Isn't the them of this show that you are screwed regardless of what you do? 

Pretty much, yes.

In the later issues of the comic, Rick yells out that they're the walking dead, not the zombies.  It's a bit on the nose, but sums it all up well enough.

I'm still of the belief that there's more going on with Carol and the blond girl and the murders of Karen/Random Guy.  That girl is too weird and creepy to not have some sort of secret she's hiding, unless it's just a lame swerve they're building up with unnecessary hints.

I also don't mind the Governor coming back; part of the reason his character ended up so bland was because they switched showrunners towards the end of last season, so the Governor's arc just had to get wrapped up before the new showrunner could move on to other things (like this half-season's plague).

Awesome episode.  Thought I'd post the song played in the episode, very powerful

Thanks man. I gotta look up more from that dude.

As for the Gov.... How much do any of you want to bet that he introduced the virus to the prison as a form of chemical warfare. I'm betting he's been hanging around and screwing with the prison for some time. Just sayin....

Thanks man. I gotta look up more from that dude.

As for the Gov.... How much do any of you want to bet that he introduced the virus to the prison as a form of chemical warfare. I'm betting he's been hanging around and screwing with the prison for some time. Just sayin....

No problem, the song from the previous episode wasnt bad either

The show's got a good soundtrack

Definitely. Also remember the dead rats at the base of the fence?

No problem, the song from the previous episode wasnt bad either

The show's got a good soundtrack

The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad have the same music supervisor, a guy named Thomas Golubic.  

He just did a Reddit AMA ("Ask Me Anything") where he told some interesting stories about working with Vince Gilligan on selecting different songs for Breaking Bad, and the process he goes through to pick a song for one of the shows he works on.

Great episode last night......people may complain, but this is what is so good about the writing.  They give back stories, and develop the characters, etc.   They could have lazily moved on with the Governor vs. the prison but instead they went back and showed us what he had been through since the ending of S3. 

Archived