Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

About all that, a scenario of interest to me in life after the apocalypse (which I hope they're doing) is showing how something like an outbreak of a disease (or any other "natural disaster") can make any "safe haven" an instant and fertile garden for new zombies. You don't just get to fight off the zombies themselves and simply bar the doors, you have to be vigilant about normal deaths with your ranks, and if one does die of illness or accident, you get to kill them again. In any such haven, the reality is someone can be out walking and have a stroke, or fall and fatally injure themselves, etc. and then you're potentially ****ed to some degree or another regardless of your fortifications. It's just more survival fun!! :P  

You just need to stay optimistic and remember that if you can't control certain events, you can still control your response and your attitude. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rYhScJALmY

the thing that has always bothered me about this series. They kill the zombies with relative ease, makes me wonder how the zombies defeated out military and cops

My take on it.....

The  Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 handcuffed the military and prevented them from killing walkers.  :P  Maybe the President and his staff were dead before it could be waived therefore not giving the military the ok to kill its own people. 

Did anyone see the preview of next week from Talking Dead? 7,500 zombies...

Yeah I saw that it was CRAZY looking!  I imagine there are even larger heards than that our there. 

As an aside that lead singer from paramour is the shizzle!!!

Overall, I very much like the direction this season is taking, compared to the previous seasons.  The new showrunner seems to have some interesting ideas to mix up conflicts our band of survivors should be facing, and I hope it'll only get more interesting once the Governor makes his return (if he's not somehow already behind some of this sabotage taking place).

That said, I have two questions about last night's episode:

1 - So did Tyreese's girl (and that other nameless random guy) get murdered in their cells and then burned?  Like someone just came in and killed them while they were still merely coughing?  Or did they die, turn, and then someone found them as zombies and burned them?  All the blood smeared all over the place didn't make that very clear.  Since Tyreese is upset and it seems like this act will be a significant point of tension, I'm guessing they were murdered and then burned. 

2 - My girlfriend hated Rick wounding the piglets to leave as zombie bait; my answer to that was they were bigger distractions while still alive and making noises than if he outright killed them and threw them off the truck, plus they had to go anyway since nobody knows what's causing the spread of this flu virus.

However - isn't it kind of a temporary fix to lead the zombies away with some small pigs?  They were only like 100 feet away from the fence, not exactly leading them back out into the woods where some zombies could get distracted by other animals and the crowd might disperse a bit.  Once they eat the pigs they'll turn around and head back to the fence at the prison.  Are these even questions worth asking during a zombie show?  Probably not, but I still wonder them the same.

I thought the same thing.  The zombies have always chased sound but now suddenly they needed pigs.  Weird.  

Not that weird.

What sort of noises were they going to make to distract the zombies away from the fence?  Turn up the loud static on the radio of that old truck?  And then what?  The zombies might go after that, but not for very long.  The pigs offer not only a distraction, but in multiple areas, as well as a way to occupy some time for the zombies as they feast.

And again - they had to get rid of the pigs anyway because of the flu virus going around, so might as well use them as bait.

My only questions are, why not lure the zombies further away from the fence?  And if you're going to bait the zombies into smaller groups, shouldn't you then at least take out some of them in the process?

(Also, I just re-watched The Walking Dead Comic-Con trailer where Hershel says "we just lost two of our own in cold blood," so I guess Tyreese's girl and that other guy did get murdered while they were still alive, which answers one of my questions)

I don't get why they weren't more pro-active in cleaning the hoards of them off the fenceline. 50 zombies lines up on a fence...even a slow turnound time of 30 seconds between each zombie death, the fence line would have been cleared in a few minutes. Plus less zombies making noise would draw less zombies there.

someone refresh my memory. In season 3 didn't they show a huge hole at the rear of the prison...has that ever been addressed as far as getting that area secured?

the backside access is thru a locked cell block fwicr of the boy letting them in, bars are much stronger than fencing

I agree on the thinning the herd,but if they get too efficient it wouldn't be much of a story

I think you can make a case that a number of WD fans run to the anal (how's that for a phrase?--will be breaking it in at work now lol).

Let us know how that phrase goes over.

Walking Dead fans have to be the most critical group of fans of any current TV show.  But I think that's for 3 reasons:

1 - It's immensely popular, to a point that's hard to believe for a show about zombies, is generally slow developing, doesn't have the greatest group of characters, and takes a lengthy mid-season break every year.  Yet it's usually one of the top 4 or 5 highest rated shows on TV in any given week.  So it attracts a large enough audience to provide a lot of view points.

2 - The story centers on a situation that readily sparks debate over the "right" or "wrong" way to go about things, and in this case, I think the weak character development helps, since it's easy for the audience to project themselves into different characters.

3 - The Walking Dead is far from a perfectly written show (and having 3 different showrunners in 4 seasons is a huge part of that problem, not to mention that Robert Kirkman has no idea still how he's ever going to even finish the comic series, so there's no end-game to build towards), but when the show is clicking, it's amazingly good.

I'd seriously submit "Clear," from last season (the episode where Rick, Michonne, and Carl find the guy Rick left behind in Season 1), up there as one of the very best episodes of any TV show from last year, better than even some of Breaking Bad's final episodes.  That entire episode, from start to finish was jaw-droppingly good (I still find myself thinking about the random guy with the backpack who they drove away from at the start of the episode, only to find and then take his backpack at the end of the episode, while his body parts were littered all over the road).

So it's frustrating when a show can be THAT incredible, but still have so many mediocre episodes in between the high points.

I don't get why they weren't more pro-active in cleaning the hoards of them off the fenceline. 50 zombies lines up on a fence...even a slow turnound time of 30 seconds between each zombie death, the fence line would have been cleared in a few minutes. Plus less zombies making noise would draw less zombies there.

someone refresh my memory. In season 3 didn't they show a huge hole at the rear of the prison...has that ever been addressed as far as getting that area secured?

Well Carol did make a point to say that they "had a huge buildup overnight."

So I don't know that we can assume that the fence zombies built up over time - seems more like they're appearing suddenly as they're being fed by rats.

Plus, I'm not going to spoil anything for anyone who didn't see this Sunday's teaser that aired during Talking Dead, but I think that this Sunday we might learn a little more about why/how so many more zombies are showing up at the prison fences.

Plus, I'm not going to spoil anything for anyone who didn't see this Sunday's teaser that aired during Talking Dead, but I think that this Sunday we might learn a little more about why/how so many more zombies are showing up at the prison fences.

Yeah that was one hell of a scene....I can't wait.

I've found this season to be kinda boring so far. Too reminiscent of the "SOPHIAAAA" episodes of Season 2.

It is a bit slow compared to the dramatics of last season... but I like that they are exploring something like a strong virus or flu that risks killing off a significant portion of the survivors.  I doubt this will take up much more than 1 or 2 more episodes.  So the story arch should begin to move to a new topic soon.

Archived