Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Man - Carol was cold and matter of fact - wowza!

I also like, that in my mind, the most badass fighters (Daryl, Michonne and Tyrese - who went into beast  mode apparently when surrounded and pushed to the brink) are off together in the open amongst a herd.  Should make for an exciting next episode!

Also - I wonder who was broadcasting on that radio and what were they saying??

Scott Gimple taking over as the show runner was a great move. Three episodes in and this season is so much stronger than last season with the Governor and Woodberry. So many episodes last season were over the top without moving the story forward.

This season feels more like season 1 when Frank Darabont was in charge.

I don't think it was Carol who did it.

I think it was the little girl proving she could use a knife, and Carol is covering for her.

That was my thought too.

When Rick was investigating the crime scene and looking at the hand print on the door, two things stood out there:

1 - The hand print looked smaller than an adult's hand, and

2 - He had to crouch down to hold his hand up to the print, not just lower his hand a bit to match Carol's height - it was a level that would be closer to a child's height

I have a feeling Rick was just trying to confirm his belief that Carol was involved as an accomplice somehow, not just trying to determine if she was the guilty party.

Something is definitely going on with these girls.  The show has made too big a point now over how the older one had an issue killing her dad, but was upset when her favorite walker (which she had named) was killed, and her younger sister said she wasn't afraid, she just "had issues," and Carol was assigned to be their "Mom" once their dad died.

This is about the point where I stopped reading the comics years ago, so I'm now in unknown territory as far as what happens to different characters, but I'll go out on a limb and guess that the older girl killed them with Carol's help, and the older girl, who is now inside the quarantine area, is going to kill some more sick people.  She then gets caught in the act by Hershel, she kills Hershel, and Carl is the one to kill her to put a stop to this cycle of violence.

I was wondering why they didn't cut the arms and jaws off of some walkers and chained them to the outside of the fence. Kind of a distraction from others since that worked for Michonne before.

Honestly, I only started watching a few weeks ago. But my can-do spirit let me to watching 3 full seasons on Netflix streaming and then the few from this year on Xfinity. All I do is think about how I would try to get as far north as possible. Like Northern Canada North.

I just think I'd want to be a little more pro-active than these people if I was zombie food. The fence was almost toppled and nothing is done? Extend those wooden barricades like they have around the gate to keep the horde at bay, build some walls in the woods to channel 'em into a kill zone to thin 'em out, use some of those spiked rebar traps Morgan had. IMO those kind of things would be a higher priority than the gardening.

Of course, if it really were me, I'd be out cruisin in one of these

293235478_3fb286d0a5.jpg

You're going to get rid of Carol, seriously Rick? Shes done way more good to the group than bad.

I hope it picks up next week, I want to see that horde!!

Carol:

Pros of keeping her around - she's one of the "original" band of survivors (Rick, Carl, Daryl, Glenn, and Carol) still alive, she's capable of holding her own against walkers, she has maybe the closest bond with Daryl out of anyone in the group, and she's involved with teaching the children in the group important survival skills

Cons of keeping her around - She's turned into a complete sociopath, she has no problem murdering people within her group without even consulting anyone else about the idea before carrying out the deed, and she encourages others to adopt that same sort of guilt-free mindset (and she couldn't keep track of her dumb daughter long enough to avoid that abysmal first half of season 2...just kidding...sort of)

I think it makes perfect sense for Rick to give her the boot, given what we've seen from her.  

She's on the freaking prison "Council" and yet she couldn't even be bothered to introduce the idea of killing Karen and That Other Guy to stop them from spreading their illness to the other leaders, she just went and did it anyway, and was then offended at the notion of that being a questionable decision.  

As Rick pointed out, if he lets Carol come back to the prison, he has to tell everyone the truth of those murders, and Tyrese would then find a new, violent use for his trusty hammer besides caving in zombie skulls.

The only tough part will be how Rick will explain all of this to Daryl.

Why didn't the crew at the vet school just go out the way they came in? What did I miss?

I thought the exact same thing, at that point there were no walkers around.  Also,

I thought when Carol and Rick went out they would discover the hoard and abandoned Charger. 

That whole thing was weird...

Rick essentially understands why she did it but also knows it was not just.

Rick has to tell Tyrese that Carol did it... which means she's pretty much dead.  Rick cannot keep a secret like that without establishing a loyalty to one over the other.  That dynamic can be dangerous in a small group.  it's best if everyone is loyal to everyone, for survivals sake.

So the best decision to make in an effort to maintain peace... is to have Carol leave.

This way, Tyrese doesn't kill her (which would also lead to having Tyrese banished).

Yeah, that was a stunning turn events - seeing Carol banished.  Who knows - she may turn up again, much like Morgan did, in a future episode....It will be interesting to see what happens when Daryl finds out.  Although, it seems like he and Michonne have been flirty lately! haha...

Looking forward to seeing the whorde angle and where that goes....

Archived