Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I got this on DVD and I've been catching up. I'm not sure i like it to be honest. I feel like I'm vested though so I will keep watching.

I like all the zombie and survival stuff but I also get entirely bummed out by almost every episode... It's just a bit too dark for my taste

• 2 weeks later...

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/10/the-walking-dead-season-4-premiere-brings-in-record-ratings.html

The season premiere of "The Walking Dead" set another ratings record Sunday (Oct. 13).

The AMC series drew a massive 16.1 million viewers, outdrawing everything on TV in its hour aside from NBC's "Sunday Night Football" telecast. It did beat the NFL game in adults 18-49, drawing 10.4 million people in that age range, which translates to an 8.2 rating.

AMC says that when time-shifted viewing is added, the episode will likely pass 20 million viewers.

"The Walking Dead's" previous ratings high was 12.4 million viewers and 8.1 million adults 18-49 for the Season 3 finale in March. Sunday's premiere was the top show of the fall among adults 18-49, even including prime-time NFL broadcasts.

How much bigger can this show get?

Pretty uneventful premier. Basically just gave viewers a glimpse into how they have progressed since the end of last season.

I have mixed feelings about adding all these new people to the group. I understand that it has to happen but it seems weird to me to see all these unfamiliar faces inside the prison. I like how they did show the progress that has been made over the last 6 or 7 months. And RIP Phineas.

He died so he turned into a Zombie. You don't have to be bit for that to happen.

Come on man I know that. I guess its conceivable that the kid died from the flu or something and then turned into a zombie but it seems much more likely that the writers intended to lead people to believe that the virus had mutated or gotten into their water supply.

Come on man I know that. I guess its conceivable that the kid died from the flu or something and then turned into a zombie but it seems much more likely that the writers intended to lead people to believe that the virus had mutated or gotten into their water supply.

Maybe it's just a hint that the virus that causes you to turn into a zombie is in the water supply. Drinking it while alive does no harm, but you will turn no matter what.

Good old regular viruses and disease might be making a comeback with water and waste treatment gone....especially the more people ya pack together.

swine flu?

Mother Nature is a **** and will dance on your grave

That was certainly the hint I took away from it.  They showed that one zombie with the messed up eyes a few times.  The pig that gets sick and dies from who knows what.  Then the kid contracts it, falls ill and dies, and when he turned it seemed like he might have had the same thing going on with his eyes.

Guessing he gets stabbed by one of the young girls in the next ep, putting those knife training classes to work

I'm also thinking that it's just a flu (with the dead pig, might be pointing at swine flu). I don't think it's the "zombie infection" that's in the water.

However, it did show the sick kid cough into the water supply so whatever he had will probably be making it's rounds inside of the group. This thing has been going long enough that medicines have to be in short supply. 

Yeah I think it's just some kinda swine flu type situation. I thought the kid died because he passed out in the shower and hit his head on something, causing instant death(and subsequent zombie-ism).

That's what I got from it - I was saying "no, you idiot!" when he was coughing near the water supply, but he used it all in the shower anyway, so no harm no foul I suppose.

For some reason, I've got a feeling that Rick may re-visit that area where that lady committed suicide, only to find her body still dead, un-turned. May be a cool twist. I was getting hints of that with pig that died, the weird eye shots... I don't know. Maybe they will try to evolve the virus this season or something.

Archived