Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

I was waiting for someone to tie my criticizing the Following with "defending" this show. ;)

I predicted it to a couple of ES'ers and meant to ninja the prediction in the Following thread, dammit. :ols:

Some times it's a blessing being able to predict such things so well, sometimes it's a curse. :D

Fwiw, 44, you post is full of weakness in claims/framing. While it would still be easily challenged, it could be worded much better in terms of validity..

But hey, amigo, in the end, they're just TV shows and it's no big deal. :)

:cheers:

This is the kind of thing we seem to be getting a lot of in here---the sound was the gun hitting the floor.

I'm not even going to tell about the pliers thing. Some people just seem motivated (or predisposed if you prefer) to "find" issues sometimes.

It really wouldn't matter as she got bit on the neck/upper torso area. she's going to turn anyway, not much more left for Andrea, even if she DIDNT shoot herself.

Maybe her head could be preserved in the Governors tanks.

To each his own. The 1st season was short and explosive, almost like a different show then what we are seeing now. Viewership has gone up every season, in fact the season 3 finale had over twice as many viewers as the season 1 finale. Perhaps I'm just not so emotionally tied to a show that I'm willing to ignore it's (sometimes more then a few) shortcomings.

Bottom line : The Walking Dead garnered a lot of fame really quick. The 1st and 2nd seasons they were really limited on budget but they made up for it in solid engaging storytelling. The 3rd season I feel they just got lazy. I've been a viewer since day 1, and I look forward to season 4, but realistically I know that more then a few people outside of the rabid fans will get bored if it keeps the same snails pace of season 3.

It really wouldn't matter as she got bit on the neck/upper torso area. she's going to turn anyway, not much more left for Andrea, even if she DIDNT shoot herself.

Maybe her head could be preserved in the Governors tanks.

Yeah, I was mainly referring to the people going on about "how can a revolver eject a shell." When I heard the sound (admittedly over an excellent system) it was obviously the gun hitting the floor--which even seemed obvious just plot-event-wise (and as has since been mentioned online) and not a shell.

Anyway...I am about maxxed out investment-wise on "debating" the show. I have often noted it is not in the very top tier, has its flaws, but (for me and many other fans and serious critics) still delivers a lot of win.

I, too, would like it to be even better--as I have also agreed, some seasons/episodes are better than others (durrr--when has this not been the case in all but a very very very few series of any length, over time). As for anyone (not just #44) comparing it to the Following, that show is on a definitely lower rank (and I'm a fan of both male leads and a couple of the supporting cast), even allowing for subjective taste.

To #44's last: Well, to each his own up to a point, anyway.

And be cautious about inferring you know what other people's emotional points are set at on what, and anything else of that sort. Better to stick to your thoughts/emotions than wander in that turf in a discussion if you're not real sure. :)

As to "what you know"...well, we'll see..

But there are things you said in both those last two posts where we're not that far apart. :)

I don't think we're far apart Jumbo. Like you, I just wish the show was a bit better and, for a lack of a better phrase, live up to it's potential. I didn't mean to come off as a hater of the show. I love the show and will be seated every Sunday night in front of a TV to see season 4. Just with that love and commitment I guess it comes to a point where you just expect a little bit more. Especially after seeing how well they did season 1 with a smaller budget.

Thoughts for season four:

Try to close the back side of the prison and clean out the tombs.

Try to get the generators back on

Try to close up the grounds so they can begin to farm

Battle outside attacks from groups (maybe even some sort of govt / military)?

Maybe a message comes across the radio about a safe zone?

Cliff hanger episode with a plane flying overhead?

You didn't come off as a hater, brother. But I will be more attentive to not perhaps coming off as a "blind lover", as I am not such. Given there has been creative change in the production end, and looking at what's yet to be resolved (Woodbury's future/prison as a continuing refuge/Rick & Michonne an item?/the newbies with Rick's group/Carl's development/Daryl minus Merle/the Gov's future actions and more) there are many opportunities for them to put big smiles on most of our faces. Let's hope they do so.

And I agree with ren.

I know a lot of people complained about the "slowness" of season 2 on the farm. Just curious, did you like season 2 or 3 more? I thought season 2 had a better build up with a finale that really delivered. I also liked how it focused on zombies as the main threat vs other humans. I still really enjoyed season 3 but season 2 gets the nod for me

Thoughts for season four:

Try to close the back side of the prison and clean out the tombs.

Try to get the generators back on

Try to close up the grounds so they can begin to farm

Battle outside attacks from groups (maybe even some sort of govt / military)?

Maybe a message comes across the radio about a safe zone?

Cliff hanger episode with a plane flying overhead?

Those are some good thoughts!

In addition to whatever happens to the Gov and his henchmen, I wonder if Morgan will re-appear again? I could also see them refreshing the zombies as being more of a threat, esp w/ a group of people who have ZIPPY in the field fighting experience.

Those are some good thoughts!

In addition to whatever happens to the Gov and his henchmen, I wonder if Morgan will re-appear again? I could also see them refreshing the zombies as being more of a threat, esp w/ a group of people who have ZIPPY in the field fighting experience.

Thanks, it's tough to come up with new situations to put them in that have not been done in other movies/shows. (admitted most of the things I listed have been done before)

It seems like as more time passes from the outbreak the zombies will become less of a story. This isn't like resident evil where some umbrella corp can create new and more powerful zombies. It also seems to not be like the Romero later zombies that picked up a tool or two, worked together, etc.

I wonder if we will move to a cleaning phase (like what Morgan was doing) with the group trying to establish a more normal life. Maybe a move to an island or to a supposed safe zone that is a LONG way away and requires stockpiling of needed supplies? Multiple gathering runs, other groups bringing messages from other areas, etc peaking with half the group setting out to see if something safer exists and the other half staying behind.

Thoughts on Season 3:

-Loved it! The direction they took deviated well from the comic and now it's more of a guessing game for fans of the comic (like myself).

-Character development was much better this season compared to S2. The episodes began to concentrate deeper into themes and characters and I hope that continues.

-I pat myself on the back for predicting they'd draw the Woodbury army into the prison to take em out. (pat, pat, pat)

Thoughts on Season 4 (Oct 2013):

-With Woodbury serving as a functioning community, it has to be assumed by Rick and co that there are other functioning communities. I would guess that perhaps the new Prison community would send out scout teams for days at a time to find them. Perhaps some of the residents of Woodbury already served this duty (unsuccessfully) and can offer help to Ricks community.

-Maps: I'd imagine it's time to start documenting things. One thing I liked about Doc Milton was that he was documenting everything for historical purposes. Hershel liked that and I thought it would be cool to see that continue.

-Security: the Prison must be completely secured with a perimeter that far exceeds the fences. Perhaps patrols?

-Training: the mental state of the Governor is proof that the world is in fact completely changed and now everyone must be trained to defend themselves as well as the group. (note about Rick and Governor... they both were beginning to spiral into a dark, dictator place... Lorrie's ghost, in a way, pulled Rick from that abyss... but the Governor dove in head first. I'd imagine he becomes even more dark & cold in S4.)

-Farming: Hershel would be the ideal leader of this job and it may involve going back to the farm to gather supplies. This might be a sad, "memory lane" type of episode.

-Scavengers: they need a team that will constantly pull supplies from nearby neighborhoods and small cities.

-Governor: I really can't imagine how his character is going to evolve from here with his two partners. Maybe a new city?

-Morgan: I hope Rick visits him again and brings him into the community with all the weapons. Such a great actor! He was awesome in Jericho.

My gut says that season 4 may start with a montage to show that a lot of progress has occurred building the community, probably touching on all the things I wrote.

I know a lot of people complained about the "slowness" of season 2 on the farm. Just curious, did you like season 2 or 3 more? I thought season 2 had a better build up with a finale that really delivered. I also liked how it focused on zombies as the main threat vs other humans. I still really enjoyed season 3 but season 2 gets the nod for me

I agree with you 100%. At the time I thought season 2 dragged at some parts, but after re watching it on netflix, etc. I think it gels a little better. Season 3, eh. I just feel like they never really had a plan for the second half of the season. Some parts of the story were stretched into episodes when really a few scenes would have sufficed. Maybe my view will change after I've watched the whole season consecutively, but for now, I'd have to go season 2.

As for what will happen in season 4,

The prison logically is the safest place to whole up. From a psychological standpoint I feel like the people might want a Woodbury type locale just to regain that sense of normalness. As for the Gov? I think he somehow will recruit a bigger, better force to come back and take the prison or woodbury.

the thing that has always bothered me about this series. They kill the zombies with relative ease, makes me wonder how the zombies defeated out military and cops

Now I ask this, who will be the next regular to be killed off? I say Hershel, seems hard for a one legged man to survive. The Governor will return and kill him as Hershel sacrifices himself to save his daughters

the thing that has always bothered me about this series. They kill the zombies with relative ease, makes me wonder how the zombies defeated out military and cops

Now I ask this, who will be the next regular to be killed off? I say Hershel, seems hard for a one legged man to survive. The Governor will return and kill him as Hershel sacrifices himself to save his daughters

The only reasons I can come up with are decomposition and zombie hords in an urban environment coupled with a refusal by the military to fall back.

Basically, with decomp, you'd suspect the peak of people dying and turning has passed long ago, so, since the zombies' bodies are technically dead, they are decomposing corpses, which get easier and easier to kill.

For the second reason, all you have to do is look at the horde in season 2 that the group fled from. It's easy to see how an army could lose to that if they refused to fall back. Which, granted, I don't think they would be so deadset on holding ground....but if the plot requires it....I've seen worse lol

Myself, I've always wondered why no nuclear power plants ever melt down in these post apocalyptic shows. I basically came to the conclusion that it wouldn't be all that entertaining to see all the characters die to an invisible enemy. Hell, even in a show featuring nuclear war(Jericho), only one episode was devoted to fallout. One rainstorm they had to avoid, and the one character that got caught outside in it lived anyways lmao. Almost enough to make one turn gatorbait.

The fact that everyone who dies comes back explains a lot of this, I think. Rick and co. didn't realize this until someone told them. I assume most others didn't realize it right away either.

The fact that everyone who dies comes back explains a lot of this, I think. Rick and co. didn't realize this until someone told them. I assume most others didn't realize it right away either.

What exactly are soliders engaged in battle with a zombie horde dying to aside from being bitten by zombies? I don't see this as making much of a difference unless your military is made up of senior citizens or the blind ;p

I suppose civilians living in cities that the military was defending could turn and suprise soldiers at the front lines, but not in the large numbers required. Then again, I suppose they'd turn others on the way there....on second thought, this could be a factor. I was thinking of the soldiers themselves dying of natural causes and turning at first lol

It is hard to believe, but the uncertainty and confusion generated allows the spread(the time to turn seemed longer then,allowing more dispersal) combined with the need to interact/intervene in the resulting domestic disturbance would be major factors.

a need/desire to help can spread contagion......our humanity is a vulnerability,but what other choice is there?

as the military group demonstrated,hiding behind walls is easier said than done

Archived