Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday night Theme song which is better?

bonesbr549

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Definitely time for a change. The dancing statues last year were a little disturbing.

Bring back the old school classic, maybe have some audio clips of Cosell, Dandy Don, Giff etc. A lot of us grew up on that stuff and it was iconic. I am not talking long clips, but maybe quick clips. I don't know, would not mind watching Faith Hill dance around in something skimpy two nights in a row if NBC would loan her out.

They have some really sucky matchups coming up, so might as well toy around with some stuff.

Definitely time for a change. The dancing statues last year were a little disturbing.

Bring back the old school classic, maybe have some audio clips of Cosell, Dandy Don, Giff etc. A lot of us grew up on that stuff and it was iconic. I am not talking long clips, but maybe quick clips. I don't know, would not mind watching Faith Hill dance around in something skimpy two nights in a row if NBC would loan her out.

They have some really sucky matchups coming up, so might as well toy around with some stuff.

So your not looking forwards to Miami versus the Jets either eh. I supose them starting Tebow adds some interest.

I stopped watching pre-game entertainment and such a long time ago. When it comes to the NFL, I want to see football. I don't tune in to see the latest chart-topper lip-synch his or her way through an intro, or to hear someone add far too many syllables to words in the national anthem. Keep it focused on football. I like the idea mentioned by 'RFK Lives'. In fact, when it comes to the national anthem, I'd much prefer that a local band be asked to perform it as an instrumental rendition. That way, a band - and its musicians (real musicians) - will get a chance to showcase talent each week from various cities around the country.

I'll admit that the Hank Williams, Jr. intro had become a recognized part of MNF, but it had grown stale and become grossly over-produced.

You know what was better? When the entire MNF broadcast wasnt so damned biased. Barry Sanders doing the opening, detroit rock city playing the show in and out etc....hell we all remember a couple of years ago with the eagles Skins game, mcnugget dodging the entire "defense" in the pre game. Espn picks their best story line and runs with it. Dont get me started on that idiot gruden and his "hes one of the best in the league" crap.

Now, I do remember one opening that I thought was pretty cool.

It opened with stars, moving towards the camera.

William Shatner's voice-over:

Space. The final frontier.

For centuries, man has asked questions. And he has explored. Further. Faster. With ever more sensitive senses.

Always questioning.

Occasionally, finding answers. And, occasionally, more questions.

But, Man continued to explore. Until, eventually, only one question remained.

Cut to Shatner, standing on the promenade set from Deep Space 9. A football comes sailing in through the "window" (They don't have glass in them.)

Shatner catches the football. "Are you ready for some football?"

I thought the Hank Williams bit was iconic, but that doesn't mean I don't welcome the change.

---------- Post added October-11th-2011 at 06:46 PM ----------

Now, I do remember one opening that I thought was pretty cool.

It opened with stars, moving towards the camera.

William Shatner's voice-over:

Space. The final frontier.

For centuries, man has asked questions. And he has explored. Further. Faster. With ever more sensitive senses.

Always questioning.

Occasionally, finding answers. And, occasionally, more questions.

But, Man continued to explore. Until, eventually, only one question remained.

Cut to Shatner, standing on the promenade set from Deep Space 9. A football comes sailing in through the "window" (They don't have glass in them.)

Shatner catches the football. "Are you ready for some football?"

I didn't catch that one, but it immediately sounds awesome. William Shatner's delivery makes anything awesome. Except Star Trek.

Archived