Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Monday night Theme song which is better?

bonesbr549

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I would like to have something different - different songs every week. It would be a mix of new and old.

For example, old songs could include stuff like:

Wild Night - Melloncamp or Morrison version

Sweet Dreams - Eurythmics

How Bad Do You Want It - Don Henley

Take You Higher - Sly and the Family Stone

James Brown

New stuff

I Like the Ce Lo suggestion

You get the picture

Brand new stuff

Artists would submit their new/old music for consideration.

I know it is a pipe dream, but it could be done. There is plenty of money for it. There are only around 20 shows. Some can be prerecorded during the off season.

AND, if they market it right, it could have a talent show quality about it. It would make the Theme song relevant.

Ladies and gentlemen, there are my thoughts on that.;)

:helmet:The Rook

Wow. I must be the only one that finds the Faith Hill theme annoying as hell.

You're not the only one. Her voice does not fit that song whatsoever. I know Joan Jett isn't current, but it isn't the same without her and some real rock chick. Faith sanitizes it to the point of idiocracy. I change the channel most of the time when it comes on. There's nothing worse than someone trying to be rock and roll when they clearly are not.

The best thing about the theme before 'Are You Ready For Some Football' was how they used it. It was played in the background while they talked about the teams and built up the excitement for the game. The theme lent itself to that. When they switched to Hank the theme was just used in the opening splash never to be heard from again.

The best thing about the theme before 'Are You Ready For Some Football' was how they used it. It was played in the background while they talked about the teams and built up the excitement for the game. The theme lent itself to that. When they switched to Hank the theme was just used in the opening splash never to be heard from again.

Agreed. What I think of as "the original theme" really works best with Frank Gifford telling us about what a heavyweight title fight we have, tonight, while we see highlights of slo-mo running plays ending in big collisions.

I don't even like the new song but it is time for a change. Get that backwards racist hillbilly off TV, this is the only thing keeping him relevant and it is about time we said goodbye. When was his last hit like 1990? Think about how stupid it would be to have C+C Music Factory, Right Said Fred or Ugly Kid Joe doing the Monday Night football opening song for 20 years, but yet Hank got a pass.

I agree, bring back the old one. I didn't really like the new one or the "Are you ready for some football."

I like the old one as well. Why do you have to ask me if I'm ready for some football? Obviously I'm watching your channel, and I'm damned sure not ready for some commercials. :D

Archived