Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Caps '11-'12 Thread [Dennis Wideman to Calgary for a 5th etc.]

Sticksboi05

Actually, Parise has said he'd prefer to play wing. He'd be a great addition and while he may not have been considering the Caps, this coaching pick may sway him.

Haha...yeah, I am an idiot. I did not even make the NJ connection between Parise and Oates. Well, maybe this would cause him to consider us. I hope so, for the right price at least.

---------- Post added June-26th-2012 at 07:51 PM ----------

Happy for Adam but Bure is the story of this class. He should've been in YEARS ago.

Agreed...not sure what took so long there.

What do you guys think it would take to get Bobby Ryan through trade? He's seemingly available for the right offer. If they want a direct replacement, Mojo as part of the deal is maybe the most logical? Mojo, One 1st round pick and another prospect? Maybe someone like Orlov (though I'd hate to see him leave). Would that do it?

Ryan is an absolute BEAST. It's gonna take a lot to pry him away from Anaheim, but I'd happily give him up for Mojo/1st round pick/prospect....

it's a steep price, but having him on a wing would be amazing here in DC

Ryan is an absolute BEAST. It's gonna take a lot to pry him away from Anaheim, but I'd happily give him up for Mojo/1st round pick/prospect....

it's a steep price, but having him on a wing would be amazing here in DC

Remember who is coaching the Ducks now. I'm sure Bruce could find some pieces from our team he would be eager to work with in Cali. He knows the players and I feel like that would help facilitate a trade.

If what I am hearing about Pittsburgh going after BOTH Suter and Parise is true, we'd have to make a move to keep up and to help transition to a more offensive system. Jason Chimera is a fine player, but has no business in the top 6. Bobby Ryan, please!

You can't put this list without including Butch Cassidy. Maybe the worst coaching decision of all time for the franchise.

You always try to forget the worst of the worst.

---------- Post added June-27th-2012 at 12:41 PM ----------

Remember who is coaching the Ducks now. I'm sure Bruce could find some pieces from our team he would be eager to work with in Cali. He knows the players and I feel like that would help facilitate a trade.

If what I am hearing about Pittsburgh going after BOTH Suter and Parise is true, we'd have to make a move to keep up and to help transition to a more offensive system. Jason Chimera is a fine player, but has no business in the top 6. Bobby Ryan, please!

Bruce loves him some Schultz. Send him Highway 55, a 1st and a minor league prospect.

I guess we can do that since he doesn't become a free agent until July 1? I'm ignorant of the free agent rules of hockey. Guess thats how we got a 7th from Pittsburgh for Vokoun.

yeah, we're trading away the rights to sign the player before other teams can get a crack at him. They're free to not sign if they don't want to and just wait to be UFA

For you folks who know hockey, what can the Caps expect from Oats as a coach? Are we talking a player's coach kind of guy or a strict disciplinarian? What kind of strategy should we expect him to implement on the ice?

Well Jeff Halpern, who was a teammate of Oates here in Washington a long time ago and then more recently coached by Oates in Tampa Bay, said that Oates has the greatest hockey mind he's ever seen, so that's a plus.

from the Flames' HF Board...."I did defend my opinion. This signing strengthens our top 4. Wideman's grittier than you seem to think he is, he hits, he blacks shots, he plays 24 minutes a night. He also put up 45 points last year.

He makes our defense better."

Holy hell. He's in for a rude, sad awakening.

from the Flames' HF Board...."I did defend my opinion. This signing strengthens our top 4. Wideman's grittier than you seem to think he is, he hits, he blacks shots, he plays 24 minutes a night. He also put up 45 points last year.

He makes our defense better."

Dear God, they have no idea...

He can play an effective point on the PP, but should not receive top four minutes. We saw what happened...

Their problem now... The dude just could not skate..SOO slow :ciao:

Trade in one Schultz for another and trade for Ryan and I'll be a happy camper

Adam Oates was on the Junkies before I left for work. Basically he said he was really excited to be back in Washington and really wanted the job. His style he wants the Caps to play is in your face, up-tempo hockey. He said, "You have to be really good in every key area, not just great in one or two." Also, said the only player he has spoken to directly is Ovie and they plan to get together to watch film soon.

Adam Oates was on the Junkies before I left for work. Basically he said he was really excited to be back in Washington and really wanted the job. His style he wants the Caps to play is in your face, up-tempo hockey. He said, "You have to be really good in every key area, not just great in one or two." Also, said the only player he has spoken to directly is Ovie and they plan to get together to watch film soon.

Wait What happened to royallypwned?

Wait What happened to royallypwned?

He passed away yesterday in his sleep. Really. They are waiting for an autopsy. You can see the sticky thread at the top. 27 years old.

---------- Post added June-28th-2012 at 10:35 AM ----------

Good. I hated the defensive Hunter Hockey. We're a skilled team with gritty forwards. We need to live and die with the up-tempo style. We have good and fast skaters. We shouldn't have been on our heels.

Archived