Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Caps '11-'12 Thread [Dennis Wideman to Calgary for a 5th etc.]

Sticksboi05

I don't want nash's contract. Too much for too long. I think our ideal situation may just be bringing Semin back. He's not getting much media attention aside from being ripped on from time to time, so hopefully he's not getting too many GM's attentions either, and he re-signs here for relatively cheap. I'd like to get Parise, but his price is probably too high. Would not mind trading for Ryan, but I don't know how high the asking price will be. What kind of picks/prospects/players would we have to give up? It would be great if we could package in Joel Ward and clear that $3 mil off our cap for the next 3 seasons giving us more room to re-sign our players and add another impact player.

I don't want nash's contract. Too much for too long. I think our ideal situation may just be bringing Semin back. He's not getting much media attention aside from being ripped on from time to time, so hopefully he's not getting too many GM's attentions either, and he re-signs here for relatively cheap. I'd like to get Parise, but his price is probably too high. Would not mind trading for Ryan, but I don't know how high the asking price will be. What kind of picks/prospects/players would we have to give up? It would be great if we could package in Joel Ward and clear that $3 mil off our cap for the next 3 seasons giving us more room to re-sign our players and add another impact player.

See I like the way you think. That is a great idea. I may stop by Kettler when I get home this evening and pass this on to GMGM.

Schultz/Ward, Johansson, Orlov, the rights to Kuznetsov for Ryan. Gotta make that deal, especially if Nash and Parise land with contenders in the Eastern Conference

That's way too much. We're fine at defense because of players like Orlov and Schultz. We'd only have 5 NHL defensemen if we did that, plus Erskine and Hammer are UFAs next year leaving us with just three. Behind them we have limited talent. Kundratek showed something at the start of last season and Schilling is spoken of positively, but that's not enough for me to give up two defensemen including high up-side Orlov AND star-potential Kuznetsov.

That's way too much. We're fine at defense because of players like Orlov and Schultz. We'd only have 5 NHL defensemen if we did that, plus Erskine and Hammer are UFAs next year leaving us with just three. Behind them we have limited talent. Kundratek showed something at the start of last season and Schilling is spoken of positively, but that's not enough for me to give up two defensemen including high up-side Orlov AND star-potential Kuznetsov.

They were saying Orlov/MarJo/Kuznetsov would be the base package on Comcast sportsnet for what it's worth. I just threw in Schultz simply because I don't like him and I know Gabby does. That's more of a pipe dream for me. Apparently Kuznetsov has to be in the deal and that's fine with me. Ryan's 25 and is the dominant power forward and right handed shot this team has never had in the Ovechkin era. Kuznetsov doesn't even sound like he wants to play in this country or for this team and when you're heart isn't in it, it doesn't know how much talent you have. Just look at the other uber-talented russian we just let go.

If Ted is actually serious about making a run at a cup this year, he has to make a big deal and that means we'll likely have to overpay a bit. If pittsburgh signs Parise (and it's looking like that), we have to answer

They were saying Orlov/MarJo/Kuznetsov would be the base package on Comcast sportsnet for what it's worth. I just threw in Schultz simply because I don't like him and I know Gabby does. That's more of a pipe dream for me. Apparently Kuznetsov has to be in the deal and that's fine with me. Ryan's 25 and is the dominant power forward and right handed shot this team has never had in the Ovechkin era. Kuznetsov doesn't even sound like he wants to play in this country or for this team and when you're heart isn't in it, it doesn't know how much talent you have. Just look at the other uber-talented russian we just let go.

If Ted is actually serious about making a run at a cup this year, he has to make a big deal and that means we'll likely have to overpay a bit. If pittsburgh signs Parise (and it's looking like that), we have to answer

Kuznetsov's problem is that he wants to play in the Olympics, and russia told him if he leaves he won't play. I expect he'll come over some time after the Olympics.

Kuznetsov's problem is that he wants to play in the Olympics, and russia told him if he leaves he won't play. I expect he'll come over some time after the Olympics.

Still, the waffling that we seemed to go through last season leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth. Hudler off the market. Really liked him and saw him as the only real viable FA candidate to fill Semin's role.

Yeah, we have better things to do in the meantime. Forsberg will be here before he is. So what, we wait till 2015. That's absurd. If we can package him in a trade for an elite top 6 forward, do it. Not gonna wait for another Radulov.

Yeah, we have better things to do in the meantime. Forsberg will be here before he is. So what, we wait till 2015. That's absurd. If we can package him in a trade for an elite top 6 forward, do it. Not gonna wait for another Radulov.

I was merely commenting on the part of his heart not being in it. I'd be willing to deal him for the right return, but him, Orlov, and another young contributor is too much. I could see dealing kuz, a pick, and another prospect, but I would not package him and Orlov together. I don't want to get fleeced like teams tried to do to us in the past. I think they tried to get Carlson, a pick, and Varlamov from us for Pronger, which was a ripoff similar to this.

Have to agree. I would sent Schultz, Mojo (or prospect/pick) and the rights to Kuznetsov for Ryan in a heartbeat. No way would I send Orlov.

Development camp roster set. Includes Galiev,Forsberg, and Wilson. Others to watch for include be Schilling on D, as the organization is high on him, Rissling on D, as many projected him as a 2nd or 3rd round pick but we nabbed in the 7th (plus he's got a huge frame), and Steffen Soberg in net.

Rissling has been assigned #28, so that may be a sign we're not interested in Semin.

http://twitter.com/MolinariPG/statuses/220548388746297344

Pittsburgh is OFFICIALLY OUT on Zach Parise. He will not be joining the Penguins.

---------- Post added July-4th-2012 at 12:16 PM ----------

Minnesota Wild to sign both Parise and Suter. Talk about a large haul today

That team is going to be dangerous.

WILD AGREE TO TERMS ON 13-YEAR CONTRACTS WITH SUTER, PARISE

Defenceman Ryan Suter and forward Zach Parise have both agreed to terms on 13-year contracts with the Minnesota Wild.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399913

Jesus 13 year deals?:doh::doh::doh:

Archived