Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Caps '11-'12 Thread [Dennis Wideman to Calgary for a 5th etc.]

Sticksboi05

Wouldn't it be awesome if Oates got the Caps job and was announced as a Hall of Fame inductee on the same day? That, my friends is what could be could be considered an awesome day.

An argument for Oates HoF induction: http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2012/06/25/sakic-is-slam-dunk-for-hall-of-fame-announcement-tuesday-but-who-else-gets-in/

---------- Post added June-26th-2012 at 01:00 PM ----------

Number #77, Adammmm OOOOOates.

Haha...I just made reference to that with my friends when I heard the news. That used to drive them nuts when we played NHL '98 or whatever it was on Playstation when we were in college. The PA guy in the game would say it that way...Adam Oooooooates.

Wouldn't it be awesome if Oates got the Caps job and was announced as a Hall of Fame inductee on the same day? That, my friends is what could be could be considered an awesome day.

An argument for Oates HoF induction: http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2012/06/25/sakic-is-slam-dunk-for-hall-of-fame-announcement-tuesday-but-who-else-gets-in/

---------- Post added June-26th-2012 at 01:00 PM ----------

Haha...I just made reference to that with my friends when I heard the news. That used to drive them nuts when we played NHL '98 or whatever it was on Playstation when we were in college. The PA guy in the game would say it that way...Adam Oooooooates.

Haha yeah! I just remember bein a games and hear him bein introduced like that =)

I'm really liking the Dale Hunter than Adam Oates hiring, brings me back to my Caps days as a kid.

I am not thrilled with Oates. I was wanting Haviland (sp?). Not sure about another former Cap following up a former Cap.

I see what you are saying, but Hunter as a Cap is not the same as Oates as a Cap. The atmosphere will be different. When people think of Hunter, they think of him in a Caps sweater. People don't think that same way about Oates for the most part.

Honestly, I thought it was going to be Haviland. So I was a little surprised when I heard the news, and I am a also a little excited and intrigued. I will reserve judgment until I hear more about what his plans are for the team. Right now, I like it and think it is a good move. Time will tell whether it will be better or worse than that.

I will say that I like what I hear about Oates as a coach, but like I said, time will tell.

“Let’s put it this way: If I was an owner or a GM I’d find a way to get Adam Oates on my team. In my opinion, 85 percent of the league’s coaches are the same. Adam gives you that extra 15 percent that can put a team over the top.”

http://www.csnwashington.com/hockey-washington-capitals/capitals-talk/Tocchet-Oates-would-be-great-fit-in-DC?blockID=730430&feedID=10283

---------- Post added June-26th-2012 at 01:36 PM ----------

*Parise, anyone?

Unfortunately, I don't think that is going to happen. I don't think Parise has much interest in DC.

Parise would cost too much money. We have our 2nd line center. After we re-sign our own guys we should have about 10 million left under the cap.

Having our 2nd line center doesn't affect if we should get Parise or not. He would slot in perfectly on the wing. I reckon he's gonna be to expensive as well, but at least he should get someone in to replace Semin. Ribeiro is a playmaker and needs to set up goalscorers. Mojo, Chimera, Brouwer? Doesn't sound like music in my ears.

I agree we need more scoring, who will replace Semin for scoring? We only had three guys with 20 goals or more, that's not going to cut it. You need at least 4-5 IMO.

I still think we need another center. What if Backstrom goes down again? Hes been pretty fragile at times and with the word on the street, teams know to target his head. Olli Jokinen could be pretty cheap at his age and give us a good veteran presence. If we are 10 million under the cap, a trade could be a good move, possibly moving either Perreault or Johannsson.

Parise would cost too much money. We have our 2nd line center. After we re-sign our own guys we should have about 10 million left under the cap.

Actually, Parise has said he'd prefer to play wing. He'd be a great addition and while he may not have been considering the Caps, this coaching pick may sway him.

Actually, Parise has said he'd prefer to play wing. He'd be a great addition and while he may not have been considering the Caps, this coaching pick may sway him.

Ok then. As long as we have the cap space, let's get him.

---------- Post added June-26th-2012 at 04:26 PM ----------

Having our 2nd line center doesn't affect if we should get Parise or not. He would slot in perfectly on the wing. I reckon he's gonna be to expensive as well, but at least he should get someone in to replace Semin. Ribeiro is a playmaker and needs to set up goalscorers. Mojo, Chimera, Brouwer? Doesn't sound like music in my ears.

Not a problem. I kept seeing where he was slotted as a center, but if he can play wing, that's fine. Now his asst. coach is here.

What do you guys think it would take to get Bobby Ryan through trade? He's seemingly available for the right offer. If they want a direct replacement, Mojo as part of the deal is maybe the most logical? Mojo, One 1st round pick and another prospect? Maybe someone like Orlov (though I'd hate to see him leave). Would that do it?

What do you guys think it would take to get Bobby Ryan through trade? He's seemingly available for the right offer. If they want a direct replacement, Mojo as part of the deal is maybe the most logical? Mojo, One 1st round pick and another prospect? Maybe someone like Orlov (though I'd hate to see him leave). Would that do it?

I'm not sure what exactly it'd take for him, but it would be one costly deal to get him

Archived