Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Positive Thread

Bang

Ha, good thread. Yeah, the positive is that the team is good enough to carry Grossman as a QB. I'm impressed. Stayed calm the entire game, and I don't remember doing that since Gibbs 1.0.

But then Zorn was 6-2 when he started... Wait, hang on, wrong thread. ;)

Too many things mentioned already to just repeat, but I agree with the overall attitude of the way our team looks and plays. With all the raised expectations and short-term memories, some people have forgotten that this is a very new roster still learning to play together. Being 3-1 at the bye with 3 conference wins is far better than anticipated, and a lot of young players are getting a feel for working together, we could improve radically before this season ends. There is already an awful lot to like about this team, look forward to more after a breather.

Kudos to Bang for once again being out front n center on this.

3-1. Already beyond all the people saying we'd go 0-16 this season. I'm completely satisfied with the way things are going. Even if I do want a win-now team, I understand that we are in a rebuilding year. .500 is realistic, and so far, we're doing better than that. I am a happy camper.

I admit, I had this team losing this game today. I had them losing pretty badly actually. . . and then they find a way to win, to not blow it, and i swear I started to feel as if we lost. But we DIDN'T LOSE.

WE WON!!! We beat a team that beat us last year in the same situation. We beat a team on a short week. On the road. That was absolutely desperate to win a game and then we gave them hope late in the game and we still found a way to win.

Its the beginning. That's what it is. Its winning ugly. The next step is winning pretty. But winning ugly is a thousand times more beautiful than losing in ANY way.

I am proud of them.

I am in awe of the defense. That is an enormous turnaround and a foundational piece of the puzzle. We are NEVER going to compete without a great defense and that is already on the horizon.

I'll reserve my comments on Rex and the offense in light of the request of this thread.

HAIL!!

THANK YOU for this thread. Last week I spent about 5 minutes total looking at the forums. It was disgusting how many negative thoughts there are.

This was a game we were set up to lose. We had very little rest coming off a very ugly loss on a Monday Night road game that was halfway across the country. We then jumped back on the plane for another half trip across the country to play a team staring 0-4 in the face.

I think we got lucky in the first half, as the Rams probably had more drops than catches from their subpar WR's. I was very happy with the pass rush by our front 7.

We definitely need this bye week now. I wonder how many guys will take this week as a vacation and not show up to work out and prepare for the Eagles. The Eagles travel up to Buffalo and could be 1-4 when they travel to our house in Week 5. That could be a HUGE week for our team to set ourselves as a top team in the division by putting them at 1-5 and OUT of the playoffs.

We ran the ball great. But it was against a very bad Defense. Luckily, we face another poor run defense in the Eagles in 2 weeks. I'd very much like to see more consistency from game to game, rather than one game good and two mediocre.

That's what we need to do in the playoffs. We can't afford not having a run game be successful, Rex can still throw bad interceptions. Luckily our Defense is pretty darn strong!!

Few key things I loved watching today:

-Helu is showing excellent vision hitting the holes, especially on the inside zones.

-It was nice to see Paul getting more work, even if it was on mostly run plays.

-Bowen was putting bruises on their OT.

-The constant pressure from Rak and Kerrigan on the outsides, and like someone said before, he could very well be on pace for defensive rookie of the year.

-How much of a difference it makes to have Dirty30 back there.

-Romo sits to pee throwing the game away and the question marks surrounding the "Dream Team"

Thank you for this Bang. We need this thread after every win :D

We are winning and thats all that counts. Carolina is putting up huge numbers through the air with like 440 yards per game and averaging 22 points per game and they are sitting at 1-3. The fans of other teams like that probably look at us like we're spoiled children complaining about our 3-1 record lol.

Its a great day to be a Washington Redskin.

Hail

i think this win is exactly what we needed, style and all.

if we would have cruised by the rams i think we get too big headed. lose and i think we get some "here we go again sinking in."

but a close loss where we gutted it out going into a bye week? i'll take it.

grossman is going to be looking over his shoulder for the next 2 weeks, something that drove him to be better this preseason.

hightower is going to be getting healthy and watching film to see where he missed cutbacks.

the receivers should be putting in non-stop work because anyone could start week 6 for this team.

i don't think the defense needs any motivation, there are just too many leaders and hungry guys to let anyone on that side of the ball slack off.

if there is not improvement on the offensive side of the ball against philly at home then i say start up the rumor meal (as dexter once put it), but these next two weeks should be a gut check for the O that they normally wouldn't feel in a win, but we get the benefit of having the extra W.

i think this win is exactly what we needed, style and all.

if we would have cruised by the rams i think we get too big headed. lose and i think we get some "here we go again sinking in."

but a close loss where we gutted it out going into a bye week? i'll take it.

grossman is going to be looking over his shoulder for the next 2 weeks, something that drove him to be better this preseason.

hightower is going to be getting healthy and watching film to see where he missed cutbacks.

the receivers should be putting in non-stop work because anyone could start week 6 for this team.

i don't think the defense needs any motivation, there are just too many leaders and hungry guys to let anyone on that side of the ball slack off.

if there is not improvement on the offensive side of the ball against philly at home then i say start up the rumor meal (as dexter once put it), but these next two weeks should be a gut check for the O that they normally wouldn't feel in a win, but we get the benefit of having the extra W.

I also suspect that the coaches will mention the penalties once or twice, over the next two weeks. :)

We have a borderline elite defense in my opinion. As long as our offense doesn't give away games I think we're in good shape. Hell, even when our offense TRIES to give away games, we can still pull it off as we learned today.

Hail

I'll leave the Rex stuff mostly alone, but yeah its more than one bad throw that people are concerned about. but yeah the defense looks awesome and if Torain plays like this we are going places, unless the passing game implodes. And while I am far from a Rex guy, I do think he will be our main weakness this year, i don't think he's a train wreck either. We can win with defense/running game.

Archived