Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Redskins make the Playoffs cause of Rex, do we still draft a QB

storretti

This is a stupid thread. We would have drafted a QB this year if one fell to the Shanahans based on their player rankings. It just so happened we had a lot more holes to fill and more valuable players were available in those positions.

We will draft one if it fills their positional rankings and our team needs. Heck, any team would.

Yes..yes...yes...yes...yes....yes....yes....yes...yes...yes....yes....yes...

Yes Doug Williams led us to a Super Bowl win....but who was prepared to follow him?

Yes Mark Rypien les us to a Super Bowl win....but who was prepared to follow him?

We must be continually planning for the future and not just focusing on now.

---------- Post added September-18th-2011 at 07:56 PM ----------

Rex is 31 absolutely we do but what if grossman is our elway

If Grossman is our Elway (and that's a big IF IMO) then who better for a rookie QB to learn under?

Yes..yes...yes...yes...yes....yes....yes....yes...yes...yes....yes....yes...

Yes Doug Williams led us to a Super Bowl win....but who was prepared to follow him?

Yes Mark Rypien les us to a Super Bowl win....but who was prepared to follow him?

We must be continually planning for the future and not just focusing on now.

---------- Post added September-18th-2011 at 07:56 PM ----------

If Grossman is our Elway (and that's a big IF IMO) then who better for a rookie QB to learn under?

Well, actually while we didn't do much to replace them, they are great examples of what we should do now. Doug Williams was signed as a backup/insurance. Rypien was allowed to develop, hidden on Joe Gibbs' IR list. Good examples of not drafting a high-ranked QB.

Of course, neither lasted long, so the guys who say try to get a young franchise QB that can last have a point, too.

Still, we may have something good with Grossman. We could at least start grooming his successor. Ideally, we got Rex as starter, Beck as vet backup. Would be nice to have a 3rd developmental QB.

I think the Skins will draft a QB next year. It looks like the Colts are going to go after Luck now, but there will still be other good ones out there. Personally I would like to see Allen go after a MLB in the first round. We seem to have more success with 1st round defensive players than offense players.

This is a stupid thread. We would have drafted a QB this year if one fell to the Shanahans based on their player rankings. It just so happened we had a lot more holes to fill and more valuable players were available in those positions.

We will draft one if it fills their positional rankings and our team needs. Heck, any team would.

I know that I started the thread, but I wouldn't call it a stupid question. If we go to the playoffs and the Shanahans feel that they are a couple of pieces away from being a super bowl contender, why would they use a draft pick on a QB this upcoming draft if they feel that the can go to the Super Bowl with Rex.

On top of that, I don't think the Shanahans are going to draft a QB for the sake of drafting a QB, if there isn't a QB they like when its time for us to draft, then they won't draft a QB. Especially if we are drafting low.

Vinny, is that you?

You may kid about that, but moving UP in the draft to get a QB could well be in the cards. Remember that Shanny did so to get Cutler.

A QB needs to be groomed to be the future of this team. Rex's limitations have started to show and he's already over 30.

Kellen Moore is teeny. He's like 180 lbs. He'd get crushed in the NFL

Like i said hes stock is gonna drop because of the size and playing in a weak conference. But he has all the talents in the world. Draft him, sign him, and have him sit for 2-3 years. Iam sure he can gain 20lbs in 3 years.

If he makes the playoffs, or even gets 9-7 and doesnt make it.. you have to give him another year.

he's not old, never has had a serious injury.

I say that the impetus on drafting a QB depends on who you can get. You can't just decide to take the future even if the talent isn't there.

That said, this upcoming draft should be pretty good for QB, so it's a tough call. the days of grooming a QB for a couple years seems to have gone the way of the dinosaur. Draft a guy high, expect him to play.

~Bang

Archived