Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Redskins make the Playoffs cause of Rex, do we still draft a QB

storretti

I know it its early in the season, but we are 2-0 and we do not look like the Redskins of the last couple of years. I want a franchise QB as badly as everybody else, but if Rex gets us to the playoffs this year, should we ride him for the next couple of years, or do we still try to draft a QB for the future?

Granted, this upcoming draft is QB heavy, but if we make the Playoffs, we will be drafting very low, would it be worth it to trade up?

Yes, because you need to draft for the future. Rex is past 30, and this team needs a qb of the future. He probably has 3 solid years best case scenario. There's nothing wrong with drafting a highly touted qb in the draft and letting him develop with a clipboard in his hand for a few years-like it should be (see Aaron Rogers)

Vinny, is that you?

You really think the top 3 qbs in the draft are going to be avaliable by the 20th+ pick? We will have to give up a first and second to move into position to take one. No question about it. The way we are hitting on our rookies though, we can justify giving up a pick because there arent as many glaring holes.

Yes because its what good teams do. See Packers drafting Rodgers, see Patriots drafting Mallett, mark me down for calling the Colts drafting a QB early this year. Good teams dont wait until your back is against the wall and HAVE to pick someone for that spot. You have someone waiting there to take over. Look at the Packers this draft. They took Sherrod as their LT and he hasn't even been active for a game yet because they dont need him to be. Thats smart football. I honestly expect the Pack to rip off 2-3 more titles this decade. They are beyond loaded and have MAJOR depth.

---------- Post added September-18th-2011 at 09:14 PM ----------

Yes but don't sell the farm for one.

I actually disagree with that one. If you have a shot at a once in a decade/lifetime QB and you can make that trade you do it. If Mike wanted Luck bad enough you do it. We are building enough ammo. Currently with 10 picks this coming draft and more to come Im sure, we can make that trade.

Yes but don't sell the farm for one.

Thats the thing, I don't really want the Redskins drafting a QB who isn't one of the top QB's, if they are all gone by the time we pick, I would much rather try to trade down. I'm just tired of having developmental QB's. The next QB we draft, I want him to be great for the next decade, making us contenders annually.

Archived