Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Redskins make the Playoffs cause of Rex, do we still draft a QB

storretti

Like i said hes stock is gonna drop because of the size and playing in a weak conference. But he has all the talents in the world. Draft him, sign him, and have him sit for 2-3 years. Iam sure he can gain 20lbs in 3 years.

Well, he's also 5'11 with a weak arm. You can't develop 5'11. In addition to that, a killer when it comes to the Shanny offense, a long windup

kellen-moore-300x212.jpg

I'll have to pass on Moore.

I say if the Qb is there that we like, take him. having Rex just makes it more of a perfect situation... let the rookie sit for a season IMO. We are trying to turn around a franchise that has been complete dooky, it will take time.

I think Shanny has proven that he agrees with Bang, he won't take a QB just to be taking one.

Absolutley. However we are going to be in a great position to have this QB sit and learn behind Rex for at least a year if not 2-3 years.

Ideally the QB we draft in 2012 will be able to sit the entire 2012 season, get spot duty in 2013 and be ready for prime time in 2013, or even 2014.

This is what worked so well for Aaron Rodgers and Phillip Rivers and look at those guys now. Let them learn in a system.

My Andrew Luck dream is dead, and RG3 will be a top 10 pick by the end of the season. We'll see where we are then

100% yes. at this point luck looks like a pipe dream unless we make some crazy trade, but grossman is still not a very good QB.

whats making me go even nuttier watching this team and this system, just imagine how good we might be if we had a legit franchise QB running the offense. i mean if rex grossman can make the offense move with his sub par decision making and limited arm strength, imagine what a legit guy could do. at least we know one thing, kyles offense is legit.

Why is QB still being talked about as a priority here?

First of all, a lot can happen in a season. Why even speculate now?

Second, Oline is STILL the priority, and unless a dream QB is available I would prefer to see the best OL available drafted.

At this point. A lot can happen in a season. Why even speculate on the draft now?

Absolutely, yes. I'd still trade a whole draft for Andrew Luck.

im with this. if shanny can get this much (albeit its only 2 games) out of the squad we have now with grossman behind center, id give the entire farm for luck.

looks like seattle is going to run away with it. theyre as bad as i thought we would be lol (well maybe not THAT bad)

Yes.... But not Moore, please name one QB in the league that is 5'10 180 with an below average arm and below average athleticism. It embarrassing for anyone to suggest Moore, great college QB but not a legit pro prospect.

Kellen Moore is going to be a damn good back up somewhere, but he is not starting caliber.

And yes, I still look for a QB. Someone like a Ryan Tannehill or Landry Jones if he falls that far in the first. Or even a Kirk Cousins from Michigan State. Either way, I trust Shanny to get the QB that will set us up for the future.

We aint gonna get Luck so don't even think about it. Here are some teams that might draft a QB next year. I would say Colts, Chiefs, and Seahawks will be up there for Luck sweepstake.

Colts

KC

Cowboys - If Romo sits to pee loses more games

Skins

Seahawks

We have a great shot at a top 3 QB next year provided we trade up for one.

Like i said hes stock is gonna drop because of the size and playing in a weak conference. But he has all the talents in the world. Draft him, sign him, and have him sit for 2-3 years. Iam sure he can gain 20lbs in 3 years.

Yes, but can he grow 4 or 5 inches as well in that time frame? You see how many passes Rex had batted today, now Moore is 2 inches SHORTER than that with half the arm strength. He's a journeyman backup at best.

Ok yeah, I see where you're getting at. I just don't know/or heard of any prospects besides the Luck/Landry/Barkley bunch? I'll ask here, but a question for the 2012 draft prospect thread.. Are there any QBs in the draft that have great potential but need a couple years to ride the bench that will be avaliable at the slotted spot IF we draft in the late round.

Ryan Lindley, RG3, Tannehill, Cousin, and Davis

We aint gonna get Luck so don't even think about it. Here are some teams that might draft a QB next year. I would say Colts, Chiefs, and Seahawks will be up there for Luck sweepstake.

Colts

KC

Cowboys - If Romo sits to pee loses more games

Skins

Seahawks

We have a great shot at a top 3 QB next year provided we trade up for one.

everyone seems to forget the colts just locked manning up for like 90 million dollars. they arent drafting a QB.

the chiefs have cassel signed to a 6 year 93 million dollar contract, 28 of which is guaranteed. unless he completely flops like this the rest of the year, they arent drafting a QB in the first round with all that money locked up in him.

the bills are talking about extending fitz, after today, it seems logical.

dalton looks pretty good with the bengals.

vikings spent #10 overall on Ponder.

panthers spent #1 overall on Newton who is playing 100x better than anyone imagined.

only real threat is the seahawks at this point. if the cowboys give up on Romo sits to pee he is going to be signed to a huge deal elsewhere. another coaching staff will see the skills and think he just needs a change of scenery. lol if we ended up with him.

No matter what happens, we NEED to draft a QB in the first round, even if we win the super bowl. Rex is not a long term solution, i do think he can do big things this season for us.

If we make the playoffs, then we don't NEED to draft a QB in the first round, if we are drafting low, then there might not be a QB worthy of a first round pick. Mike and Bruce have shown that they are not going to draft a QB to draft a QB, if there isn't a QB there that they want to draft, then they won't draft a QB.

If we have a great year this year, then I think that we can spare a draft or two before we draft our future QB. Rex isn't that old. Granted, perception is everything, the perception of Rex is he is going to self destruct. But you never know, he could blow it up this year, and if he does, I would rather the Skins just make a monster team around here in the next couple of drafts, then draft a monster QB for the future.

only real threat is the seahawks at this point. if the cowboys give up on Romo sits to pee he is going to be signed to a huge deal elsewhere. another coaching staff will see the skills and think he just needs a change of scenery. lol if we ended up with him.

i hate to admit it but if we got Romo sits to pee somehow we'd be a lock to win at least ONE super bowl. he's literally the prototypical shanny qb and unlike in dallas he doesn't need to win the game by himself so less chance of him derping under pressure.

i hate to admit it but if we got Romo sits to pee somehow we'd be a lock to win at least ONE super bowl. he's literally the prototypical shanny qb and unlike in dallas he doesn't need to win the game by himself so less chance of him derping under pressure.

i almost spit out my drink. youre kidding right?

I'd have to say definitely YES.

As good as Grossman has been, and likely will be, you can really tell he can't put a lot on the ball and about 5+ balls get batted a game, minimum. When this team is ready to be a championship team he'd give us everything he has, if he's not injured, but he has too many negatives for other teams to key on.

In the playoffs against the best teams the tight throws will occasionally be picks (or pick 6's), the batted balls will be ints, the hits from behind will happen more and there will be fumbles, he can't get away from the rush and if he steps up into the pocket (if there ever is one) he can't throw over the line. He takes more hits because he needs to back off the line just to get the ball over. His high passes are because he needs to chuck it high to get it over, lol. I noticed that when rewatching the Giants game.

He's really trying but I don't see him as the future after 2012. He may be able to get us as far as Plummer got Denver in 05 but I really doubt it. There's just too much for the other team and too much work for an offense to do well with him as the QB. He should be rolling out because he's too short, but he's too slow, etc.

---------- Post added September-18th-2011 at 10:53 PM ----------

im with this. if shanny can get this much (albeit its only 2 games) out of the squad we have now with grossman behind center, id give the entire farm for luck.

looks like seattle is going to run away with it. theyre as bad as i thought we would be lol (well maybe not THAT bad)

Didn't Charles go down in KC?

Did you see how bad they are losing games?

I know it its early in the season, but we are 2-0 and we do not look like the Redskins of the last couple of years. I want a franchise QB as badly as everybody else, but if Rex gets us to the playoffs this year, should we ride him for the next couple of years, or do we still try to draft a QB for the future?

Granted, this upcoming draft is QB heavy, but if we make the Playoffs, we will be drafting very low, would it be worth it to trade up?

Even if the Redskins make the playoffs, I think Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan will be thinking about the future. Personally, I'd like them to draft Landry Jones out of Oklahoma. But they'll probably have to trade up to get him.

Archived