Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hightower "guarantees" win against Cardinals and upsets Dockett

RichmondRedskin88

You don't need to guarantee anything against anyone, much less the Arizona Kolbnals.

Hightower needs to worry about his own performance and less about guaranteeing a team victory.

Just shut the **** up and play ball, only losers talk trash.

Keep this team under the radar.

I really like THT's confidence and I like Rex's confidence even more. Nice to have our QB play with that swagger. That is what you want in a QB. An alpha dog mind set, not a beta type style like Eli Manning, which he has been called out on before.

I hope Hightower breaks off a few big ones like he did in preseason. Or at least opens it up a little so Rex can get it down field to AA.

AZ will try to stop the run just like the midgets did. So gross an will exploit their week secondary. AZ dline will b so focus on taking out HT that they will bite our action play :). I wont be shocked if Rexy have better numbers than Cam

just picked up grossman in my ffl, hoping he duplicates/eclipses newtons performance with a huge turn in from the other speedy little guy moss. this is a perfect game for moss to explode.

---------- Post added September-14th-2011 at 11:28 AM ----------

You guys are missing an important fact...in Dockett's tweet he says "let me get back to reading my book" I knew right there his Twitter was hijacked. :)

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

I seem to recall a similar knock on Tiki Barber. Fumbilitis can be coached away. But I do remember that anecdote and it still is pretty funny. He's a RB, he'll have a couple fumbles. If he plays a full season and keeps it at 5 or less, I'd say he's fine.

---------- Post added September-14th-2011 at 12:46 AM ----------

I get this line of reasoning, but just because Cam did well one week against them does not necessarily mean Grossman will do just as good or better. I feel that if this notion of "if Cam did it, Rex can do better" could wind up creating quite a backlash should Rex falter.

I honestly don't expect Rex to throw 400 - 500. Cam got 400 because AZ D went after him and challenged him to throw. So he did. I expect AZ to be more balance against us but they, too, will try to stop our runs based on PS games. If I am Kyle, I would run more then to play action. AZ is raw with their corners. That's not going to change. Their corners are worser than the Midgets. The best thing about our team is we have so many weapons in RB, WR and TEs. They can't stop all of them. It's a matter of Kyle's call plays. But DD and his front will be motivated to stop HT and that will give us a lot of deep pass. I expect Grossman to throw another 300 this Sunday. As long as we win, I don't care if they stuff our running plays. Oh, we haven't even discussed about our D yet. They will be Nasty this year.

I don't know about Kolb but Philly is known for QB's doing great for them then leave and bust with their new team. They've gained several draft picks trading them as well. Kolb is probably the best of that bunch though and Az has some good offensive players around him.

Kolb was in a better team last year and couldn't beat us.

I didn't come here to talk smack, "bro". I actually predicted the Redskins will win. You're trying to make something out of nothing. Bullying? These guys are pro football players. Who are you, Timmy's dad? :P

Maybe you'd be better served by posting in one of the threads where we adults are discussing X's and O's.

The Cards have to pick their poison. They just got badly burned crowding the line of scrimmage trying to rattle a rookie QB and take away the running game. Will they dare do that against us after watching the game tape versus the Giants? If they go that way it will be another big day for Rex. If they decide they need to drop that 8th guy back into coverage and blitz less that opens up room for the running game and then the play action boot off the stretch.

I think we will score points. Can our defense play at the same level as week 1 or better? I think they can and I feel we go into this game in good shape.

Some of us are still maturing :)

You've never played football before, have you? Yes, every team goes out there and believes they can win. However, the team that you're facing is also going out there to win. Chalkboard material doesn't make the other team want to beat you more, it makes them want to beat you up more, which can in many cases give them an advantage if the 2 teams are somewhat on equal talent terms.

This isn't chalkboard material though. Hightower didn't say anything disrespectful or ****y- THAT'S what gets the other team extra motivated. Dockett is reaching, and I doubt the Cardinals actually get some type of boost from this.

I honestly don't expect Rex to throw 400 - 500. Cam got 400 because AZ D went after him and challenged him to throw. So he did. I expect AZ to be more balance against us but they, too, will try to stop our runs based on PS games. If I am Kyle, I would run more then to play action. AZ is raw with their corners. That's not going to change. Their corners are worser than the Midgets. The best thing about our team is we have so many weapons in RB, WR and TEs. They can't stop all of them. It's a matter of Kyle's call plays. But DD and his front will be motivated to stop HT and that will give us a lot of deep pass. I expect Grossman to throw another 300 this Sunday. As long as we win, I don't care if they stuff our running plays. Oh, we haven't even discussed about our D yet. They will be Nasty this year.

Kolb was in a better team last year and couldn't beat us.

Some of us are still maturing :)

Darnell is that you? Still maturing? As in learning english? ;)

Cardinal's defense is terrible. We can pressure Kolb and make him panic. I'm not worried about this game at all, and love Hightower's confidence...even though the title is sensationalist. His actual quote was much more tame, even though it basically means the same thing, I guess.

Kolb is exactly the kind of QB who will simply fold under pressure. He's never overcome pressure in his career. We need to get after him early and often if we want to take Fitzgerald out of the game

Yep. Best way to defend Fitzgerald is stop it at source - got to get pressure and make Kolb eat it or go check down like he did when he came in for Vick at RFK last year.

Love the confidence, don't like the guarantee. Just further ammo for the opposing team. These two teams are evenly matched in my opinion so it is going to take some stellar defense and zero mistakes on offense for the Skins to pull it out. So let's do it. 2-0 start goes a long way towards making this season a bigger one than people may have thought.

Yeah it was that devin one, but I think CP was involved too.

CP like started dancing or something in front of Darnell Dockett, really weird what he was doing , and that caused him to kinda just be hyptnotized or whatever for a sec,then Heyer came and smacked the ish out of him

Good Times

I recall Smoot boasting a few years ago "we are the beats of the east now" after Zorn's hot start, we ultimately came crashing down. In a couple of Gibbs 2 seasons if I recall we got off to good starts but faded in the middle then came charging back at the end. We were jazzed about beating Dallas in game 1 last year. To me this next game is telling the Redskins of old would often follow a surprise win with a surprise loss.

I was going to say this. More often than naught, we usually have a clunker after a big win. I'm just hoping this team is not the teams of old and I keep trying to convince myself of that. Afterall, last year we would get a lead against a team and then come out flat in the 2nd half. We didn't do that against NY. In fact, I think we got better.

My only fear with Hightower is not what he said, its the fear that he may be trying too hard against his former club, instead of keeping his concentration.

I was going to say this. More often than naught, we usually have a clunker after a big win. I'm just hoping this team is not the teams of old and I keep trying to convince myself of that..

I can't shake myself of this fear. lets hope that it really is different. As of now, i'm not fully convinced.

Archived