Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hightower "guarantees" win against Cardinals and upsets Dockett

RichmondRedskin88

I can't shake myself of this fear. lets hope that it really is different. As of now, i'm not fully convinced.

I'm not fully convinced either...not even close. However, I'm not dreading the game or expecting bad things. I'm actually very excited to find out what this team is made of. If we're a good team that's ready to contend (which I don't believe we are yet...I think we're becoming one), we win this game by 14+ and roll into the long week to prepare for Dallas. Any win is great, but I'm excited to find out how this team is going to grow and this is the second thing we get to find out in 2011 (how we handle a W and a winnable game). We'll have other tests along the way (how to handle a loss, how to handle a very tough opponent, how to handle back-to-back road games or a short week, etc.).

This should be fun and feel even more fun if we find a way to take care of business.

i dont see where hightower "guarantees". of course he wants to win and says we will win, who goes out there and says, "i want to win, but i dont think we will".

It wasn't a Joe Namath where he actually says "guarantee" in the sentence. But he did say "we will win" so the implication is that he is guaranteeing it. I get what you're saying though. To answer your last question, he could have said something like "I want to win this game and I know it's a game we can win. We're going to do our best." Something like that. I don't really care about what he said, but I don't get the "what should he have said" line of thinking...you can easily avoid sounding like you're predicting the future if you try.

I dig the confidence, though I'd rather the team remain under the radar. I could care less about the Redskins getting love or "respect". Why would I want respect from a bunch of low joe lip flappers from people like ESPN analyst? I could care less what they think, or people like them. I much rather sneak up on teams and surprise people and then they can respect all they want to, but at that point we wouldn't need it.

The silent killers are the most deadly!

This is good. I hope he posted this in the locker room and brought it up in team meetings. I hope Hightower is their primary focus on Sunday. Yep, everybody focus on shutting down number 25. This shuld definitely work in our favor since our passing game is based off play-action any way and their safeties are probably two of the most suspect in the league at this point. Good job Dockett. Get the troops all fired up.

I love how people think that chalkboard material actually effects the play of a team. Every NFL player goes out and thinks they are gonna win that sunday.

I have to believe this as well.. I seriously doubt it's on any ones mind, the minute they touch the field.. It's something to jump around the locker room and beat your chest about, but there's just no way they can all "feed" off some pregame banter for very long. (It's also great for post game "I told ya so's" if the alleged trash talking team ends up loosing.. If they win, it's hardly ever even mentioned again.)

I can't shake myself of this fear. lets hope that it really is different. As of now, i'm not fully convinced.

Yeah, it's somehow stuck around all these years since Norv was coach. If it hasn't changed in all these years then we are more than likely to see it pop up in one of the games we should win this year. AZ,Carolina, Seattle, Buffalo, those games.

---------- Post added September-15th-2011 at 10:35 PM ----------

No we owned them.

Yeah the Cardinals haven't won in DC since Fedex was called JKC Stadium in 1998. We spotted them a 31-0 lead (Norv) and still only lost 45-42.

No we owned them.

No Bill Bidwell owns them, ... oh wait ...

I see nothing wrong in what Tim said in terms of trashing an opponent it was very weak but in terms of having a potisive attitude it was what i want to hear - and I can imagine Tim is motivated for this game --- they traded him for Holiday and a packet of trail mix .... if the Cards did that to me I would want to beat the f out of them ...

@ddockett "Had a long day and a long flight. Got to see my family after the game that was great. I was pissed after the game I just hate losing..."

I thought it was nice to find out during the game that he grew up hating the home team (Redskins) and routed for the other teams in the division. The announcer (don't remember if it was Myers or Ryan) said he told them it was because Skins fans have a bunch of excuses for losing.

Now he can enjoy his 0-4 losing record against his "home team".

Hightower was right, and he played great with his opportunities.

@ddockett "Had a long day and a long flight. Got to see my family after the game that was great. I was pissed after the game I just hate losing..."

I thought it was nice to find out during the game that he grew up hating the home team (Redskins) and routed for the other teams in the division. The announcer (don't remember if it was Myers or Ryan) said he told them it was because Skins fans have a bunch of excuses for losing.

For as much as Dockett likes to talk, he sure is a non-factor.

That's today's athlete... if you can't do it on the field, do it in social media.

maybe I am wrong, but when the cardinals were in the nfc east they would own us, especially when aaeanas williams and larry centers were there

actually, (someone can correct me if i'm wrong) for the seven years norv turner was coach, he had a losing record vs every team in the division, and that included the cards. :(

Archived