Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hightower "guarantees" win against Cardinals and upsets Dockett

RichmondRedskin88

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2011/09/dockett-reacts-to-hightowers-guarantee.html

The Redskins’ Tim Hightower is about to face the Arizona Cardinals, the team that traded him away last month. When asked about the game on Monday, he said "I want to win this game and we're going to win this game."

That comment has apparently reached the Valley of the Sun. This afternoon Arizona defensive lineman Darnell Dockett (@ddockett, pictured) had a series of tweets that appeared to be directed at Hightower.

Yoooo did this MOFO guarantee a victory?

Mann I need to hear it out the horses mouth! I need proof! I won't say no names but ill check in to that! *back to reading my book*

I hear ya lil homie.... And that's how I'm gonna leave it.

(Dockett’s Twitter timeline is laced with profanities, so we are fortunate that we just got the abbreviation in the first tweet instead of the whole work.)

The question that needs to be asked is if what Hightower said amounted to a “guarantee.” I don’t think so.

And so it begins.:ols:

Hightower never guaranteed a win.

There is a difference from being confident in your team and saying "We're going to win" because you feel you have a good chance of winning, and guaranteeing a win, which comes off a lot more ****y and tends to crap on your opponent, like they're beneath you.

Hightower never did that, and if Dockett is using this as bulletin board material, the God help the Cardinals.

I love how people think that chalkboard material actually effects the play of a team. Every NFL player goes out and thinks they are gonna win that sunday.

You've never played football before, have you? Yes, every team goes out there and believes they can win. However, the team that you're facing is also going out there to win. Chalkboard material doesn't make the other team want to beat you more, it makes them want to beat you up more, which can in many cases give them an advantage if the 2 teams are somewhat on equal talent terms.

I still think it's pretty hilarious because in Hightower's rookie season he fumbled in the playoffs on our way to the Super Bowl. Dockett made him carry around a football for a week around the facility wherever he went.

I still think you guys will win this one, but you will soon find out why Timmy is nicknamed "the Breadtruck"

AZ will try to stop the run just like the midgets did. So gross an will exploit their week secondary. AZ dline will b so focus on taking out HT that they will bite our action play :). I wont be shocked if Rexy have better numbers than Cam

I've been thinking the same thing. Only question is our OL though. There were some plays where Cam had literally 5 seconds back there and no pressure at all but he was still sacked 5 or more times. I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to be on the Grossman bandwagon after that game. Shanahan is going to see Cam doing it and we know that Carolina isn't anywhere near the Redskins in offensive playmakers. Grossman is going to pick that D to pieces.

I still think you guys will win this one, but you will soon find out why Timmy is nicknamed "the Breadtruck"

Maybe so but to my knowledge he has yet to fumble in Washington/Ashburn/Landover (*knock wood*) and that's all I care about. Bobby Turner is the best running backs coach in the league I'm pretty sure they work on drills to reinforce ball security. I have a feeling your team will be seeing Ryan Torain more than THT come Sunday.

Hopefully it's a good game and more importantly no injuries.

I've been thinking the same thing. Only question is our OL though. There were some plays where Cam had literally 5 seconds back there and no pressure at all but he was still sacked 5 or more times. I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to be on the Grossman bandwagon after that game. Shanahan is going to see Cam doing it and we know that Carolina isn't anywhere near the Redskins in offensive playmakers. Grossman is going to pick that D to pieces.

Our oline is much better than Car. You r right, we have more offensive weapons than Car. Am I the only one that doesn't like Kolb and think he is over rated?

AZ will try to stop the run just like the midgets did. So gross an will exploit their week secondary. AZ dline will b so focus on taking out HT that they will bite our action play :). I wont be shocked if Rexy have better numbers than Cam

I was really surprised that their secondary allowed so many deep completed passes. I don't how Grossman will do on Sunday, but if a rookie making his first ever start can throw for 422 yards, that really can't be a good thing if I'm the Cardinals. As for Hightower, he needs to let his play do the talking and stop being so ****y.

I still think it's pretty hilarious because in Hightower's rookie season he fumbled in the playoffs on our way to the Super Bowl. Dockett made him carry around a football for a week around the facility wherever he went.

I seem to recall a similar knock on Tiki Barber. Fumbilitis can be coached away. But I do remember that anecdote and it still is pretty funny. He's a RB, he'll have a couple fumbles. If he plays a full season and keeps it at 5 or less, I'd say he's fine.

---------- Post added September-14th-2011 at 12:46 AM ----------

I get this line of reasoning, but just because Cam did well one week against them does not necessarily mean Grossman will do just as good or better. I feel that if this notion of "if Cam did it, Rex can do better" could wind up creating quite a backlash should Rex falter.

Archived