Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hightower "guarantees" win against Cardinals and upsets Dockett

RichmondRedskin88

Sounds like Darnell Docket (trash) used to bully Timmy Hightower around. Like DD is a scary dude, hopefully this doesnt kill any of Hightowers confidence.....

Hardly. You think stuff worse than that doesn't go on in NFL locker rooms all the time?

As far as I know, DD never had a problem with Hightower, and plenty of coaches force RBs with fumbling problems to carry around balls. DD is usually very good about helping and encouraging younger players.

Hardly. You think stuff worse than that doesn't go on in NFL locker rooms all the time?

As far as I know, DD never had a problem with Hightower, and plenty of coaches force RBs with fumbling problems to carry around balls. DD is usually very good about helping and encouraging younger players.

Yeah your about to get whooped bro, Tell Docket were running right at him

I think we are going to see at least one 50+ yard TD pass from Grossman- we have guys who are faster than Steve Smith and while I didn't watch the Carolina game I know that they only had 74 rushing yards. Smells like play action in Shanaland.

Defense is the key to the game for us. I would count on 20+ points (honestly 30-40 would not shock me if this week's trends continue) from the offense. Defense needs to do what they did second half of the Giants game. Looked like the Steelers (the good Steelers).

Tiki Barber always fumbled a lot early in his career, and then look what happened once he stopped having fumbilitis.

---------- Post added September-14th-2011 at 06:28 AM ----------

If Reed Doughty is playing, we should be prepared to expect at least 2-3 big pass plays, as Doughty has done little to show me he can be productive over the course of an entire game.

I'd rather the other team do the talking. As Mke Shanhan said "talk is cheap". But there is a common theme amongst our players: Confidence + Swagger + hard work + team + winners.

As fans, I'd like to have some fun this year, though, as it looks like they could be a good team worth bragging about. We're not going to lose anything by having pride/confidence in our team - and we won't gain anything either, in doing our best Lavar and Dukes impressions...

We've had NOTHING to cheer about in awhile, however, I just have a feeling this team thinks they are on the verge of something... They are loving every minute of it, and so should we...

There's something going on with this team that I havn't seen/felt as a Skins fan in awhile. Things like: skipping their days off to put in more work, numerous players making bold predictions, players wanting to be here - as to not miss any of it, and guys like Stallworth - who played for teams like the Ravens, Patriots, saying that this team has something special. These are all things that get me excited.

I'm trying my damndist to ignore that "12 year demon" (the last decade or so of skins football) - that's been pounding in my head, that keeps trying to pull me back in, and destroy my optimism.

I do think this team is different, and I can feel it. They have .... well, something... and I can't wait to find out what it is.

Things are looking good for this franchise, from the bottom up, and it's about damn time^^

Enjoy the ride while it last fellas, and don't be afraid of Arizona.

Our oline is much better than Car. You r right, we have more offensive weapons than Car. Am I the only one that doesn't like Kolb and think he is over rated?

I don't know about Kolb but Philly is known for QB's doing great for them then leave and bust with their new team. They've gained several draft picks trading them as well. Kolb is probably the best of that bunch though and Az has some good offensive players around him.

Not a guarantee, but wish TH hadn't said it. We're not good enough to give ANY team ammo, even if we may be better than them.
Yeah, nowhere in that quote does it say anything about guaranteeing a win. OP should change the title.

Anyway, I still wish he hadn't of said what he did. I've never liked stuff like that. Just stop talking. And go do your job.

It's all over the airwaves here in Arizona. What Hightower said wasn't over the line, at all, but it wasn't intelligent either. It'll be taken out of context and they'll try to rally around it. Do you hear Vonnie Holliday saying anything that can even be construed as trash talk? The Cards are a young team and allowing them to revel in their home win and see how it plays out on Sunday would have been the proper route. Think Beanie, who was marauded by the fanbase here for not beating out Hightower for a starting job, isn't going to have a bit more focus. And he ran for 5 yards per carry last week, 90 yards.

I like the confidence, I feel it too, but the really good teams keep their traps shut. Act like you expect it and you've been there before. And after a game where you ripped off less than 3 a carry, just focus on your job.

I don't know why you gotta make more work for yourself. I mean how do you think it is goint to help the offensive line. Now they are going to have a more motiviated Dockett and the rest of the team. it is only going to make it that much harder.

I wish they had a stat for guarenteed victories/losses because I am pretty sure it wouldn't be any higher than 25 %. Sve the trash talk for during and after the game.

It does make me feel better that the game is at 1pm....that's like the Cards playing at 10am on the West Coast...anybody got some fun facts on teams traveling from the West Coast to the East and how they fair? I know its not great.

The Cardinals are notorious for doing poorly in early east coast games.

If the roles were reversed, then you'd all be pissed off at Hightower and tell him to stop talking **** before a game, that it would be locker room material, etc. I like Dockett, I like Hightower, and I wish that our team would do its talking on the field and then talk about how great their opponent was and how tough a victory it was AFTER the game.

I don't mind it at all. Football is a competitive sport. In competitive sports there will be trash talk. Just keep it clean. After the game you say nice things about your opponent. That's how it should work.

Bottom line is AZ's D is weak and we should roll over them with our O. Dockett's motivation won't be the deciding factor.

The Redskins’ Tim Hightower is about to face the Arizona Cardinals, the team that traded him away last month. When asked about the game on Monday, he said "I want to win this game and we're going to win this game."

Well it should be a given that Hightower would want to win this game and I wouldn't even classify this as "trash talk" either. If TH can score a few TD's and crack the 100 yard mark plus a Skins victory then i'm going to be a happy fan. Even though just the win would be good enough for me.

Talk the talk and walk the walk fellas!!!!

Archived