Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN (New York): Antrel Rolle "Giants the better team"(merged)

Commander PK

Honestly what else do you expect him to say? He got burned on a couple of great passes by the Sexy. His team lost by double digits and his team is last in the division. No one should be surprised by this. I just hope this is saved for the Dec. game. We gotta get in that A@#$.

:helmet:

From Real Redskins

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2011/09/rolle-says-skins-would-beat-giants-five-of-100-times.html

It looked like the Redskins’ fourth attempt to expand their lead had come up empty. On a third and nine play from the Washington 45 with just over eight minutes left to play, Fred Davis had to go to the ground to catch Rex Grossman’s pass two yards short of the first-down marker.

But the Redskins then got a break. Safety Antrel Rolle came in and hit Davis while he was on the ground. A second later, a flag flew and Rolle was penalized for unnecessary roughness. Five plays later, Grossman threw a four-yard touchdown pass to Jabar Gaffney and the Redskins’ six-game losing streak against the Giants was all but over.

Both Rolle and Giants coach Tom Coughlin disagreed with the call. “The penalty in the drive, which there’s no one touching the receiver [when he first went to the ground],” Coughlin said. “That’s a very difficult call for me.” The coach did say that since the call was on the other side of the field he did not have a very good view of it.

Rolle thought he did nothing wrong. "I definitely didn't lead with my helmet," Rolle said. "To say I led with my helmet is definitely crazy. I've never, ever tackled any opponent by leading with my helmet."

6a015432d86661970c014e8b7d44d6970d-800wi

Whatever you say, Antrel. You clearly have a clue as to what you're talking about.

I am assuming he be smarting from the fine the NFL handed down, following his lead with the top of the helmet spear "tackle" he made on a prone Fred Davis... is it Tuesday or Thursday fines are given out ?

Man ArmchairRedskin got to it first ... but what was crazy was he actually lowered his head ... so that he definatly could not see himself leading into a tackle with his helmet ...

"As a team and organization, we know that the Washington Redskins is not a better team than us," <--Hmm first of all, I can't take a player seriously when he attempts to make a sour point while speaking in broken English. Second of all, I will never respect a human being that isn't man enough to just shut up after losing a fight. Flame on Giants.

HAIL!!!!

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas" - Don Meredith

The last game last year we had lost our starting rb, benched our starting qb, lost our starting strong safety, suspended our starting DT/NT, our cover corner was out a well and did any of our guys make excuses for losing. New defensive scheme ,not many personnel pieces that fit, new offense,no oline, no run game and a qb who was not 'ALL IN". It's just one more reason why I have the upmost respect for the Packers they were hit harder than any team in recent years, no one ****ed or complained that we should've beat the Redskins we're the better team they focused on the goal at hand.

FYI - Antrelle you may want to review the film from the Jan 2010 game at FedEx Rex pretty much did what he did Sunday to your defense then and that was with a downright ****ty team on both sides ;)

It's funny...the last time I remember the Giants crying about getting smacked around by us was back in 1999 when we beat them in New York 50-21 and then completed the sweep later in the year at home 23-13. During a post-game interview, Sehorn was quoted as saying something along the lines of (paraphrased) "...we still are in the driver's seat to win the division since we know they'll lose more games...it's the Redskins."

I believe we lost again, but we finished 10-6 and clinched the division with one game left to play. So, I'm not too concerned with a Giant DB chirping about how they're truly the better team.

This is exactly what a loser says.

Sorry Rolle, until you beat THIS Redskin team THIS year, they are better than you. They proved it where it matters, on the field.

Yep...on a related note, I'd like to state for the record that the 2009 Redskins were clearly better than the Giants. Sure, they beat us twice, but if you played 100 times, those would probably be the only two Skins losses. This is fun.

Oh, and we were better than New England in 2007. Fifty-two, shmifty-two. Fluke!

Archived