Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN (New York): Antrel Rolle "Giants the better team"(merged)

Commander PK

Rolle's comments really stuck out to me, hope no one minds me bumping this thread

"We'll definitely prove that next time around," Rolle said. "He is going to feel the Giants come the next time around. We will take care of that when the time comes."

How'd that work out? :ols:

Sweeping the Giants feels great.

“I said ninety-nine,” Rolle mis-remembered, via the New York Post. “I don’t plan on losing to the Redskins, I’m going to be honest with you. I’m not guaranteeing a victory, I’m not doing any of that. We got to play the game come Sunday, but I’m very, very confident in this team and very, very confident we’re going to get the job done.”

Well, they didn’t. The Redskins posted Rolle’s comments in the locker room, Grant Paulsen reported on Twitter, with Barry Cofield saying “If they're going to win 95 out of 100 than they better get started winning some games real fast.”

And Rolle?

“I don’t want to say too much,” he told reporters, via CSNWashington video. “But it’s definitely frustrating. It’s definitely frustrating. You know, I said that we were the better team. They beat us twice.”

He shrugged and laughed.

“So, you know, clearly they’re the better team,” Rolle said. “At this moment. We’ve got to get better.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/antrel-rolle-redskins-clearly-better-team-than-giants/2011/12/18/gIQA93m62O_blog.html

:rotflmao:

It feels really, really, really good to see that come back to bite him in the ***.

Mmmm, so thats what a sweep feels like. I couldn't be happier!!!!!

I live in New York. And EVERY YEAR I have to walk around this city in shame as the Skins get swept by the Giants.

Not this year LOL. Wearintg my Skins hat with pride this morning. If only the Jets game had turned out better...

I live in New York. And EVERY YEAR I have to walk around this city in shame as the Skins get swept by the Giants.

Not this year LOL. Wearintg my Skins hat with pride this morning. If only the Jets game had turned out better...

I hear ya. Upstate NY is all Giants fans! Everyone in my family and all my friends. It felt good getting all the texts last night about how bad they (giants) suck from them!!!

It's about GD time folks! Out of the other 3 NFC East teams, the Giants are the ones who has consistenlty OWNED us for years. When is the last time we swept the G-Men? Anyone know? It's been a while! I sat in shock yesterday as we walked all over them in the New Meadowlands and it felt great. Especially rubbing it in to my Giants fan buddy at the bar!

It's about GD time folks! Out of the other 3 NFC East teams, the Giants are the ones who has consistenlty OWNED us for years. When is the last time we swept the G-Men? Anyone know? It's been a while! I sat in shock yesterday as we walked all over them in the New Meadowlands and it felt great. Especially rubbing it in to my Giants fan buddy at the bar!

1999. A different millennium.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/34099/defense-gives-the-giants-no-chance

:ols:

Graziano is great.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Antrel Rolle didn't like my question. It was about the consistently permissive play of the New York Giants' secondary this season, and Rolle responded by asking me how many passing yards Washington Redskins quarterback Rex Grossman had in Sunday's 23-10 Redskins victory. When someone else told him it was 185, he laughed and shook his head, indicating that the number had rendered my question foolish.

Whatever. I don't love being talked down to by football players, but it's hardly the first time and I can take it. What I dispute is not Rolle's understandable attitude but rather his flawed premise. Just because Grossman didn't throw for 350 yards doesn't mean the Giants played a good defensive game. Grossman is not Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers or Tony Romo sits to pee -- the three guys who picked apart the Giants' defense the past three weeks. I guess if you want to get technical, he's not even Vince Young, who got 258 against them the last time they lost a home game to a division opponent they should have handled without any trouble....

I was really surprised when I saw the line that Rex had under 200 yards passing...cause it sure seemed like he a making some clutch throws in the game. Shows you stats ain't everything. Seemed like the Skins were moving the ball at will much of the time.

I was really surprised when I saw the line that Rex had under 200 yards passing...cause it sure seemed like he a making some clutch throws in the game. Shows you stats ain't everything. Seemed like the Skins were moving the ball at will much of the time.

I agree, it definately seemed like he threw for more yards. I would have guessed around 250 at least.

• 11 months later...

Three out of four ****es.

---------- Post added December-4th-2012 at 03:27 AM ----------

From September 2011

If we played them 100 times, they might win five. They won that day. It never leaves a good taste in your mouth when you lose to an opponent that you know you are better than."

Only two to go. :evil:

Archived