Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Postgame Radio: "Rex did OK"

Destino

Yeah, it was weird. Last season, if some of those plays happens, he would chuck the ball away. He pressed a couple times when he shoulda let it go, but he still played very well.

He had less time then people think he did to throw it away. Remember slow motion isn't reality. Plus if you want to limit fumbles attempted to throw when multiple defenders are AROUND you throwing it away isn't always the right thing to do... especially when you are still between the tackles and it has to be towards a eligible receiver. The fumble play for instance seemed like he had time... but a DE was not touched and the reality is that he didn't even have a three count. He was trying to avoid the rush or get out of the pocket when he got caught. The right play there would have been to duck his head and dive forward taking the sack.

My bad I feel like a moron. that's what I get for coming in at the middle and reading that one post. Sorry!! There are just too many people saying that like Beck is Steve Young. I actually thought it was serious, (obviously)

Believe me, I read the post before I saw who posted and felt the same way as you. Then I saw it was ASF haha

Beck throws 6 TDs in this game easy. He fits the scheme better than Grossman. We know who Grossman is. Beck's upside is Steve Young.

how about rooting for the guy on the field who played a great game instead of speculating what the guy on the bench could have done. we won and grossman played great. big plays when we needed them and dominated on all sides of the ball

Rex Grossman played an great game today and I wish him continued success. If you listen to the media pundits he's the worst qb ever, he has no weapons outside an ancient Santana Moss, Chris Cooley and maybe Tim Hightower. This is a team that no one thinks highly and that goes for indiduval players as well. I support Rex 100%.

HTTR!!!

(The streak is O-V-E-R!!!)

I'm still not getting my hopes up, but I was impressed with Rex today. I thought he played a good game, did a good job escaping pressure and throwing the ball away, as well as finding open WRs, especially with little running game (TH only had 55 yards). Rex was our offense today and i was impressed. I still want to take it week to week instead of jumping on/off the bandwagon after a good/bad performance. But this will be a much easier week to get through.

Thanks Rex-Skins!

completely off topic: Does anyone know where I can find the Rex unleash the dragon, I'm going deep letter? I believe someone on the board posted it from the Bears board when the Skins' signed him last year. I was trying to tell one of my friends about it, but completely messed it up.....

By abilities you mean being inaccurate as all frak and throwing lots of balls at innocent worms who never harmed him, right?

I guess I should have been more clear. I think the Vikings did a VERY good job tailoring their offense to McNabb's INABILITIES.

For example, he is UNABLE to learn an offense, done, no organization on offense needed in the passing game.

Another, they tailored their scheme to McNabb's INABILITY to throw the ball anywhere but in the dirt. Check. Only pass the ball 15 times in an entire game.

I think he got exactly what he wanted, but didn't know it would be so *****.

After watching Rex tear it up in the fields, I kinda felt sorry for McNugget.

7/15 39 yds 1 TD 1 INT 47.9 QB rating..........

I am so glad we got rid of McNugget

He'd be a lot better if he wasn't in a totally different offense every year. ;)

Yeah, Grossman was over 60% and if the long ball drop and a couple more weren't dropped he'd have been 75% with a higher rating.

Too bad we didn't keep the Nugget though, he'd be a 1/2 way decent 3rd stringer on this team.

I have to confess that I wasn't really impressed with his play, today. I saw passes in the dirt near the receiver's feet. I saw passes where the receiver had to make a spectacular leap to get to the ball. (Sometimes making it, sometimes not, usually getting punished for it.)

There was more than one occasion where I fantasized about what we'd look like if we and the Giants could trade QBs.

Heck, that last TD, as they walked up to the line, I was thinking "Rex, if you do throw it, throw it HIGH. The only way we lose this game is if you throw an INT. If you throw it high, and the receiver doesn't catch it, no biggie."

(And he didn't throw it high.)

----------

But you've got a point, too.

1) Nobody's perfect.

2) and, after a game like this, who's looking for something to complain about?

So, while the first thought in my mind, after the game, wasn't "we should fire that guy", it also wasn't "Gee, Grossman deserves a game ball".

how about rooting for the guy on the field who played a great game instead of speculating what the guy on the bench could have done. we won and grossman played great. big plays when we needed them and dominated on all sides of the ball

Man, you noob posters are cracking me up.

Maybe read a few threads before you go off on a rant. You'd have noticed that he was JOKING!!!

I thought he played very well, as his stats bear out.

I think some things that were not talked about were important, like Rex eating the ball in the second half and taking a couple of sacks and trusting his defense rather than trying to force a throw and cause a mistake, including one that brought up fourth down and knocked us out of FG range. Very wise decision. A vet move of a guy confident in his defense. Leadership, right there in the strangest of places.

When they DID manage to make him fumble, Joe Buck said "And THERE"S the turnover!" as if this is what he has expected, Rex to fumble the game away.

After that he kept mentioning that Rex HAS turned the ball over... it was annoying. Yeah, we get it Joe, Rex fumbled once, but he's hit how many third down throws? How many times has he hit that shot downfield? Joe made it sound as if we were winning despite an expected and usual Grossman mistake.

As they say,, there's two Rex's.. and the dragon that none of these "experts" remember showed up today.

Overall I thought he was VERY smart with the ball, very patient with the ball, and he did a great job of avoiding turnovers.

If I have ANY criticism of his game it would be the high throws. He's got to get them down before he gets someone killed.

~Bang

I

If I have ANY criticism of his game it would be the high throws. He's got to get them down before he gets someone killed.

~Bang

I noticed that he didn't start throwing high until he got that first ball batted down. Remember Week 17, last season, he had a lot of balls batted on the line of scrimmage. It felt like he over compensated after that last ball, but I felt like as the game wore on, the passes came down and had a good mix of height (to avoid getting batted) and ball placement.

Yeah Grossy was laying our WR's out to dry today. That just seems like his thing though since he's always attacking the middle of the field.

Not only is he "eff it I'm going deep!", he's also "eff it you better catch dis ****!"

No wonder our WR's had some alligator arms. Then you see him throwing it high. Yeah, not a good recipe.

Archived