Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Postgame Radio: "Rex did OK"

Destino

I'm sorry you can't see a difference between the team last year and this team. We've improved in so many areas, and we're very young.

Optimism is warranted...pessimism is ssssoooo last year.

:rotflmao:

Not at all. We had a last ranked defense last year, no running game, horrible kicking, and Joey Galloway. So the team has improved in almost every aspect and I'm happy. I'm just saying that people get too carried away week to week. It's only week 1. If this continues then he'll get my respect

Wow. We could have lost because of him? I think we won because of him. Dude was getting hit a ton and he kept making the right reads and the right throws. Yes, he threw a couple bad ones -- JUST LIKE EVERY DAMN QB IN THE LEAGUE.

Rex's reputation is so bad -- he may have to win NFL MVP to change it in the eyes of many.

Yea he has a bad reputation, but I dont read into that stuff. I simply look at the man's play. He had a very good game, but made some mistakes that in previous years would've proven costly. The fumble when we're up by 7 was proven un costly because our defense stepped up. He threw a pass to Moss across the field that was nearly intercepted and taken the other way for 6. The Giants didnt make the plays that normally bite us in the rear. But I like how Grossman responded to put us up by 2 Tds after the G-Men failed to capitalize. Lets just wait and see with Rex. Not because of his reputation, but because of his play on the field.

I thought Rex played great... and I'll admit that I was a bit of a doubter. The OL play was VERY shaky, yet Rex still managed to play well. He took big hits but continued to stay in the pocket and deliver good passes and make smart decisions.

However, I can understand a stingier evaluation... I mean he did start off the game pretty inaccurate -- can not deny that. And even when he did start completing passes, the throws were still a little off target and the WRs were making great plays for him. The WRs were forced into taking some pretty nasty hits trying to make plays on inaccurate balls.

So while I think he played great considering the pressure -- I can understand some people being a little more reserved.

Yea he has a bad reputation, but I dont read into that stuff. I simply look at the man's play. He had a very good game, but made some mistakes that in previous years would've proven costly. The fumble when we're up by 7 was proven un costly because our defense stepped up. He threw a pass to Moss across the field that was nearly intercepted and taken the other way for 6. The Giants didnt make the plays that normally bite us in the rear. But I like how Grossman responded to put us up by 2 Tds after the G-Men failed to capitalize. Lets just wait and see with Rex. Not because of his reputation, but because of his play on the field.

Cmon dude, you can't be serious.

• 2 months later...
Wow. We could have lost because of him? I think we won because of him. Dude was getting hit a ton and he kept making the right reads and the right throws. Yes, he threw a couple bad ones -- JUST LIKE EVERY DAMN QB IN THE LEAGUE.

Rex's reputation is so bad -- he may have to win NFL MVP to change it in the eyes of many.

Howz Shanny Becky and Rexy looking to ya so far? lol

Howz Shanny Becky and Rexy looking to ya so far? lol

Shame on you for loling at Redskin players failures just because you wanted to be right. You should be sad about it, not happy that a fellow fan was disappointed!

I mean, really? I'm so sick of this. Every time REDSKIN FANS on a REDSKIN MESSAGE BOARD get excited about a REDSKIN PLAYER doing well only for that player to fail later on, we have the misery loves company crowd who wanted to so desparetely to be proven right about how awful everyone on the team is chime in and then point out about how right they were after the fact. Look, it's easy to be right about this team. Just be negative the vast majority of the time and watch a team that needs a lot of work fail more often than not to make yourself feel better about how right you were.

The hard, and more rewarding, thing to do would be to root for the team's success against all odds and be excited for the players and coaches who do well, especially when least expected. It certainly hurts more when they fail, but at least you stood by them. I hope, for your ego's sake, Rex doesn't improve immensely (I know that's unlikely, but it is possible) and you have Hooper bump this thread on you.

Heck, at least that's acceptable and understandable considering we all hope and wish for Redskins players to do well, right? Right?!?! Honestly, I don't know anymore. Enjoy watching Rex fail, I guess... hey, at least you were right!

• 4 weeks later...
Shame on you for loling at Redskin players failures just because you wanted to be right. You should be sad about it, not happy that a fellow fan was disappointed!

I mean, really? I'm so sick of this. Every time REDSKIN FANS on a REDSKIN MESSAGE BOARD get excited about a REDSKIN PLAYER doing well only for that player to fail later on, we have the misery loves company crowd who wanted to so desparetely to be proven right about how awful everyone on the team is chime in and then point out about how right they were after the fact. Look, it's easy to be right about this team. Just be negative the vast majority of the time and watch a team that needs a lot of work fail more often than not to make yourself feel better about how right you were.

The hard, and more rewarding, thing to do would be to root for the team's success against all odds and be excited for the players and coaches who do well, especially when least expected. It certainly hurts more when they fail, but at least you stood by them. I hope, for your ego's sake, Rex doesn't improve immensely (I know that's unlikely, but it is possible) and you have Hooper bump this thread on you.

Heck, at least that's acceptable and understandable considering we all hope and wish for Redskins players to do well, right? Right?!?! Honestly, I don't know anymore. Enjoy watching Rex fail, I guess... hey, at least you were right!

Calm down dude.. all you had to say was " you were right man...lol " I dont root for the redskins to lose in order to be proven right. I hope for the redskins to make the right decisions in order for them to be proven winners. And starting Rex Grossman, or John Beck was not the way to convince people like me that we are heading in the right direction.

Calm down dude.. all you had to say was " you were right man...lol " I dont root for the redskins to lose in order to be proven right. I hope for the redskins to make the right decisions in order for them to be proven winners. And starting Rex Grossman, or John Beck was not the way to convince people like me that we are heading in the right direction.

Seriously? You had to bump a thread almost a month old for that???? :doh:

Archived