Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GameDay Thread: Preseason Week 1

ACW

I don't have an issue with Spygate or any of that, it's just he's a very very poor sport. When the Patriots win (most of the time) he runs out and shakes the other coaches hand and compliments them. When the Patriots lose half the time he wont even go shake their hand, he just runs for the locker room or basically slaps their hand as he runs past. Losing sucks, but he's a Super Bowl winning coach, he could show a little more class at times.

I don't have an issue with Spygate or any of that, it's just he's a very very poor sport. When the Patriots win (most of the time) he runs out and shakes the other coaches hand and compliments them. When the Patriots lose half the time he wont even go shake their hand, he just runs for the locker room or basically slaps their hand as he runs past. Losing sucks, but he's a Super Bowl winning coach, he could show a little more class at times.

Yeah but you said it yourself. He's the Darth Hoodie. The dark side of the force makes him an a-hole from time to time.

Darth Hoodie takes no prisoners. He's incredibly unlikeable but an amazing coach.

That seems to be one of the things people hate about Bill Bellichick, but that's what I like the most about him. The man isn't afraid to give your team a thorough ass kicking. He shows teams NO mercy. He will knock you down, kick you in the throat and piss on your still bleeding head. He doesn't care about the other team. He's only out there to W-I-N.

They went 4-0 in the preseason, then went 0-16 during the regular season. I'm pretty sure that's what he was referring to there.

They've had 10 straight years of losing seasons...their best record over that timespan has been 7-9, and they only did that once lol...they've had 10 years of top 10 draft picks...hell, most of them were probably top 5 draft picks. I'm not sure if "fun" would be the word most Lions fans would use to describe seeing their team go 6-10 two years after going 0-16 :ols:...

Got ya. Thanks for clearing tha tup.

And reading the Lions boards, the fans are excited. They went 6-10 (should have been 7-9, remember that bull**** TD/drop call?) but looked pretty damn promising. And they did it without their franchise QB for most of the year. If Stafford can stay healthy, I'm going to love to see what the Lions do this year.

Holy ****. I thought Theisman was the biggest homer in the world when the local crew does the perseason games. Watching the Philly crew do the Eagles game is making want to stick my head through the screen and hopefully hit a jugular somewhere along the way. Just un****ingreal. They take homerism to another level.

Tell me about it. Joey T is just average compared to the Eagles' crew.

The plays I saw were throws off balance. Attempts to run and gets stuffed and bounces off a no name linemen then dink and dunks the pass. I believe it was 3rd and 15 at one point and decides to just run for it instead of any attempt at looking for the pass. Just stuff that you know won't work during a regular season game.

yea...one big play 45 yds (Dallas Safety played like a Dallas Safety)....rest of his throws look like doo.....and he just didn't look good, and as it was pointed out, they ran a draw on 3rd and 15.........it just appears that they dont trust him, and for good order, his passes looked crappy.

The Eagles looked sharp, the Ravens looked flat-footed, at least on defense. Vick stayed back and threw rather than taking off downfield, so maybe he'll last the season. On the other side Taylor didn't look good (then again he's a round 6 rookie QB) and if he's going to be the backup the Ravens can't let him get sacked 5 times every preseason game.

The Cowboys looked like the same team that finished last year. The defense seemed uncertain until backed up on their own goal line. Felix Jones looked good, but is he durable enough?

... and as it was pointed out, they ran a draw on 3rd and 15.........it just appears that they dont trust him, and for good order, his passes looked crappy.

Preseason isn't about "trust"...it's about evaluation.

---------- Post added August-12th-2011 at 03:22 AM ----------

Got ya. Thanks for clearing tha tup.

And reading the Lions boards, the fans are excited. They went 6-10 (should have been 7-9, remember that bull**** TD/drop call?) but looked pretty damn promising. And they did it without their franchise QB for most of the year. If Stafford can stay healthy, I'm going to love to see what the Lions do this year.

That's the big "if" right there...Stafford staying healthy. If he ends up out for a significant number of games this season, I wonder if the Lions start looking elsewhere...

The only thimg you cam do after reading something like this is :ols: :ols: :ols:

All I cam do is ask what is so funny about that. Is it because it is only preseason? It can't be because I said Vick looked good in the very limited time that we saw him. Because he did and you know he did.

---------- Post added August-12th-2011 at 07:49 AM ----------

From what I understand, Vick always had the potential to be a beast. Not just with is feet but as an actual QB. His problem was that he didn't put in the work to take it that next level. He was just getting by on raw athletic ability. Prison changes a person though--believe me I know--and it seems to have shown him what he has to lose, what he has to be grateful for, and what he has to do to be an actual professional. ****ing shame he plays for Philly.

IIRC, it was all about player safety. And the NFLPA was definitely on board. And there was talk from Day 1 that it would absolutely ruin the careers of players like Banks, Cribbs, etc.

Yeah, going to jail can change a man. Maybe if Jason Campbell went to jail we would be Super Bowl contenders. :whoknows:

I don't like the rule changes either. However, I think that Punt Returns are just as exciting, and more likely to happened, than Kickoff Returns.

Gabbert got sacked twice for showing indecision. Moreover, not sure you saw it but he threw an interception, but the patriots player dropped it. There wasn't a jaguar player for miles.

Well, I did say DECENT. Notice how I didn't say: "OMG the Skins are INSANE for trading back from #10! The guy is the next Joe Montana!"

For only being a couple weeks in the system, he was decent. :)

The Cowboys looked like the same team that finished last year. The defense seemed uncertain until backed up on their own goal line. Felix Jones looked good, but is he durable enough?

That goal line stand was all on Denver. Horrible fade pattern, stupid 12 men in the huddle and then Lloyd stepping out of bounds. Good coverage on third down but it should never have even gotten to third down. Very happy to see the two Dallas safeties looking in midseason form.

I know it's just preseason, but the Eagles look damn good, on both offense and defense.

I was watching their game and I was like "damn, it's going to be a long year".

However, I switched over to Dallas and that left some hope for me.

Will be interesting to see what the Giants look like.

I'll be hoping we finish in second place in the East, don't think we'll win it - sorry Rex lol

This kickoff thing is goddamn ridiculous.

And it's all fun and games until someone like Janikowski figures out how to get 5 seconds of hangtime and a returner gets crippled at the six yardline.

---------- Post added August-12th-2011 at 12:23 PM ----------

I think there is a reasonable chance the Patriots have 3 QBs that are better than any of the QBs we currently have on our roster.

There's also a chance that the Seahawks' QB depth chart is completely backwards as to how it should be.

I watched about a quarter of Tebow. I get why people love him, but I just don't think an NFL team can live with that kind of play more than two weeks let alone a season.

The biggest issue I have with him is that his spectacular plays aren't the type that ultimately mean all that much. The Atlanta version of Vick would bounce passes for three quaters and then make a 50 yard TD run. Tebow bounces passes and then makes a 15 yard run where he knocks over three people. It's neat to see, but what good does it ultimately do you?

Also, I don't care how tough you are or how big you are. If you get hit 10 times a quarter, eventually someone like James Harrison or Terrel Suggs is going to break your ribs or your collar bone.

Dwayne Harris is a beast. Nuff' said. Our 1-2 and 4 Receivers are going to light it up this year.

Tyron Smith played beyond my expectations. We may have found a stud RT.

I loved this guy. Was probably by far his biggest fan on this board before the draft. I'm pissed Dallas got him, lol, but he did look good aside from that pass play to Gronkowski when he got beat by an inside rush pretty badly,

---------- Post added August-12th-2011 at 12:38 PM ----------

Can't wait to see Stafford throw for 4 TDs in the 1st quarter tonight. Let's go Lions, LET'S GO

Why don't the Lions just become your #1 NFL team? :)

Archived