Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GameDay Thread: Preseason Week 1

ACW

What are the chances that by the end of this game both the Giants and Panthers will have a combined 0 3rd down conversions

Haha, Giant's got one but yeah.... it's like combined 1/15 on 3rd down....

How's Clausen looking?

Threw a horrible INt, but he looked good on another drive for a TD to Olsen

Newton looked good one drive, but then Carolina Oline got porous and he got sacked like 3 times in two 3 and outs and he threw lots of incompletes

Eli wasn't very good either which is good :)

---------- Post added August-13th-2011 at 10:09 PM ----------

Devin Thomas sighting on the Giants in garbage time, haha

After seeing their "offseason," the Giants were my pick for NFC East cellar. Franchise looks like it's falling into disarray. From the sounds of you all watching the game, I may be right.

I think we should wait till after the first wet rainy preseason game to start making predictions like that.

How's Clausen looking?

Like another poster stated, he threw a horrible pick that went for a TD on his first drive. Although it appeared the Williams didn't turn his head around fast enough. Looked like miscommunication more than anything else. Wouldn't put it all on Clausen. Then he looked pretty good on most of his other throws. The TD pass to Olsen was behind him a little. Olsen make a great catch to bail him out.

As for Newton: He looked really good on one pass, in his first series. Later had another decent throw. But generally he was the same guy you'd expect. A flashy play one instance, mixed in with a bunch of incomplete passes. The guy is just flat out inaccurate. No teaching in the world can improve that.

Armanti Edwards might have been the most impressive Panther on the field so far. Several good punt returns in the game. Looks like he's arrived. I will say this though. He doesn't have anywhere near the speed that Banks does. Then again, few returners do.

Wait, it's that bad out there?? (not watching the game)

To be fair, it was raining there for pretty much all of the first half.

---------- Post added August-13th-2011 at 10:43 PM ----------

After seeing their "offseason," the Giants were my pick for NFC East cellar. Franchise looks like it's falling into disarray. From the sounds of you all watching the game, I may be right.

So you're basing all this on the first preseason game?

Armanti Edwards might have been the most impressive Panther on the field so far. Several good punt returns in the game. Looks like he's arrived. I will say this though. He doesn't have anywhere near the speed that Banks does. Then again, few returners do.

He was playing against the Giants who probably have the worst gunners in the league, just keep that in mind, how our special teams coach keeps his job year after year I have no idea.

Chase Daniels is looking good for the Saints against the Niners...

I think alot of media pundits are sleeping on New Orleans that D line looks nasty and you know Gregg will bring the heat..glad we don't see them this year :)

---------- Post added August-13th-2011 at 11:47 PM ----------

Devin Thomas sighting on the Giants in garbage time, haha

Is he the new "Sinorice Moss" strictly special teams?

I didn't watch the preseason game. I was basing that prediction off the moves the team made in the last month.

I was saying that the posts tonight about the preseason game make it sound like I may be right.

Ok, I can understand you saying you think they will finish last, based off of offseason moves they made (or didn't make). However, I still think its silly to base anything off of the first preseason game. Especially when Eli, and alot of their starters didn't play very long. Not to mention the whole first half was played in the rain.

---------- Post added August-14th-2011 at 01:16 AM ----------

Chase Daniels is looking good for the Saints against the Niners...

YOU would look good against the Niners.

---------- Post added August-14th-2011 at 01:17 AM ----------

He was playing against the Giants who probably have the worst gunners in the league, just keep that in mind, how our special teams coach keeps his job year after year I have no idea.

That may be so. But Edwards was noticeably more confident in his returns. He looked scared to death last year returning punts for Carolina.

I think alot of media pundits are sleeping on New Orleans that D line looks nasty and you know Gregg will bring the heat..glad we don't see them this year :)

I've been saying the same damn thing. One fluke loss and an entire offseason later, and they've been completely lost in the shuffle. If they can run the ball a lot better than they did last season, and play better defensively, with that passing game, they are going to be tough to beat.

I've been saying the same damn thing. One fluke loss and an entire offseason later, and they've been completely lost in the shuffle. If they can run ball a lot better than they did last season, and play better defensively, with that passing game, they are going to be tough to beat.

I agree. And you would think adding Ingram to the mix will help improve their running game (Bush wasn't a between-the-tackles runner). And that young TE of theirs (I'm forgetting his name) is a beast.

If it wasn't for the fact that the Saints are a 50/50 run/pass team, an that they normally take a RB-by-committee approach, Ingram would be my top Rookie Of The Year candidate. He is going to help them immensely, and is one of the best instinctive/natural runners that I've seen in awhile.

If it wasn't for the fact that the Saints are a 50/50 run/pass team, an that they normally take a RB-by-committee approach, Ingram would be my top Rookie Of The Year candidate. He is going to help them immensely, and is one of the best instinctive/natural runners that I've seen in awhile.

Its gonna be hard for anyone to beat Julio Jones for that award, imo.

Alex Smith got destroyed last night. It aint a good sign when your O-line is getting absolutely bumrushed on every play. They very well could end up being the worst team in football, when you consider the apparent state of that line, and the fact that they are worse off at the QB position than we are.

And there is a good example of what I'm talking about. Alex Smith is a bust. Vick in Atlanta was just somewhat disappointing because he was just good enough to make you wonder what he would do if he gave a ****.

That's an embarrasement of riches for Atlanta on offense. Too bad their defense may still be a question mark. That's where I think the Saints can get the leg up on them.
Abraham and Edwards as DE could be a good pass rush though.

BTW. tonight's game, keep an eye out for NYJ #41, CB Richard Taylor. He's my coworker's son :)

Archived