Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GameDay Thread: Preseason Week 1

ACW

I'm interested to see the Ravens/Eagles game tonight. I really think the Ravens will have a down year this season.

I somewhat agree, I think they'll definitely have a down year this year, at least defensively, which means that they'll probably be more offensively oriented. I honestly consider at minimum, 2 teams out o fevery AFC division to be playoff worthy, so it'll be tough for them. They could be 10-6 and miss the playoffs very easily.

I'm interested to see the Ravens/Eagles game tonight. I really think the Ravens will have a down year this season.

I'm not wishing for one to happen, but I have an odd feeling that one of the Eagles big names will get injured for a significant amount of time tonight. Maybe it was the Doritos I had for breakfast though...

Wouldn't surprise me ... No Newman, Jenkins, Ratliff, Spears, James.

It's the Orlando Scandrick and Alan Ball show tonight.

It's not like those guys would have played much anyway. Game one is all about seeing the new guys. Seeing Smith and Arkin in live action will be interesting. How much do you think Romo sits to pee will play? A quarter or less?

It's not like those guys would have played much anyway. Game one is all about seeing the new guys. Seeing Smith and Arkin in live action will be interesting. How much do you think Romo sits to pee will play? A quarter or less?

Way less. Two series MAX. Word is he has been gelling with Dez, Miles, Jason and crew in practice. So not really worried about him with the Receivers.

I would say the starters go One maybe two series tops.

I believe the complete opposite.

Why is that? They lost a lot of key contributers from last year. No more McGahee, Mason, Heap, or Wilson. I know the first 3 were getting older, but they still were solid players for them last year. I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see them miss the playoffs. The AFC is just too tough. The Pats, Jets, Steelers, Chargers, Chiefs, Ravens, Texans are all really good teams. So I don't think its a lock the Ravens make it.

Why is that? They lost a lot of key contributers from last year. No more McGahee, Mason, Heap, or Wilson. I know the first 3 were getting older, but they still were solid players for them last year. I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see them miss the playoffs. The AFC is just too tough. The Pats, Jets, Steelers, Chargers, Chiefs, Ravens, Texans are all really good teams. So I don't think its a lock the Ravens make it.
McGahee...they got Ricky (plus Rice with Leach). Give you Mason and Heap though. But that defense...still have one of the best 3-4 DEs (Ngata), maybe THE best ILB (Lewis), a damn good pass rusher (Suggs) and one of the top ballhawks (Reed).

Way less. Two series MAX. Word is he has been gelling with Dez, Miles, Jason and crew in practice. So not really worried about him with the Receivers.

I would say the starters go One maybe two series tops.

I wasn't sure if they would have the starters go a little longer because there were no offseason workouts. Plus with the updated practice standards there's so much less actual hitting.

I wasn't sure if they would have the starters go a little longer because there were no offseason workouts. Plus with the updated practice standards there's so much less actual hitting.

Certain starters should a lot longer.

Guys like Romo sits to pee, Witten, Miles, Dez, Gurode, Ware, Ratliff all will come out very fast.

Other contributors like Tyron Smith, Arkin, Spears, Igor, Brent, Bennett will all play a quarter IMO.

Archived