Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GameDay Thread: Preseason Week 1

ACW

Well, Mallett is a slam dunk.....******* Patriots.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves...First of all it's preseason. Secomdly, the Pats offensive system even made a backup from Michigan into a hall of famer (well, that and the whole cheatin thing). Hell, their system made a high school qb a valued commodity to be traded for.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves...First of all it's preseason. Secomdly, the Pats offensive system even made a backup from Michigan into a hall of famer (well, that and the whole cheatin thing). Hell, their system made a high school qb a valued commodity to be traded for.

Lots not forget Hoyer looked like the second coming of Joe Montana as well today.

I am not even going to lie, Vick looked real good tonight. I still can't believe that this is the same QB who struggled with accuracy issues. The few throws he made tonight were on the money. If he starts all 16 games, he will run away with the MVP......... that is a HUMONGOUS IF however.

The only thimg you cam do after reading something like this is :ols: :ols: :ols:

I am not even going to lie, Vick looked real good tonight. I still can't believe that this is the same QB who struggled with accuracy issues. The few throws he made tonight were on the money. If he starts all 16 games, he will run away with the MVP......... that is a HUMONGOUS IF however.

I wanted that dude after he was released from the pen, but we had to stick with Candle :(

Oh well I'll just hope we get Lucky in next years draft.

I wanted that dude after he was released from the pen, but we had to stick with Candle :(

Oh well I'll just hope we get Lucky in next years draft.

If you wanna crown him, then crown him...

My god, people are way too reactionary. Vick has done little in career. Let's see how this story plays out...

One decent regular season, a hall of famer does not make.

If you wanna crown him, then crown him...

My god, people are way too reactionary. Vick has done little in career. Let's see how this story plays out...

One decent regular season, a hall of famer does not make.

I'll put it this way I'd rather have him over Johnny or sexy Rexy under center.

Jesus, Ridley had 3 TD's, and got 23 touches...don't see that too often in a preseason game.

New England looks like a complete team this year. And that was without Fat Al and Ochocinco playing tonight.

On the other token, I thought Blaine Gabbert looked decent against a Patriot defense that's going to be formidable this year.

New England looks like a complete team this year. And that was without Fat Al and Ochocinco playing tonight.

On the other token, I thought Blaine Gabbert looked decent against a Patriot defense that's going to be formidable this year.

Gabbert got sacked twice for showing indecision. Moreover, not sure you saw it but he threw an interception, but the patriots player dropped it. There wasn't a jaguar player for miles.

And they added the best arm in the draft because people were concerned about his character. The kid has no pressure to deal with and the most QB friendly system in the world to work in. I'd say the pats did real good taking him in the draft. The thing is I don't think he works anywhere that needs him to start. By the time that homeless wonder of a coach is done with him he's going to shine.

Brady wasn't a backup at Michigan his last two years...

Holy ****. I thought Theisman was the biggest homer in the world when the local crew does the perseason games. Watching the Philly crew do the Eagles game is making want to stick my head through the screen and hopefully hit a jugular somewhere along the way. Just un****ingreal. They take homerism to another level.

(Just got home and am watching the DVR of the games.)

---------- Post added August-12th-2011 at 12:31 AM ----------

Preseason=:bfd:

Ask the Lions :ols:

Don't know why you're laughing at the Lions. They're much improved, leaps and bounds above where they were just a few years ago, most likely better than the Skins (though I'm strangely confident this year), and possibly even a healthy Matt Stafford away from being legitimate wildcard contenders.

(For some reason, starting the year of the 0-16 debacle, I've been following the Lions. As a hobby. I'll never have a "second team" and I don't really root for them, but I love me some Megatron and it's been fun watching them rebuild from the ashes of the worst season in NFL history.)

From what I understand, Vick always had the potential to be a beast. Not just with is feet but as an actual QB. His problem was that he didn't put in the work to take it that next level. He was just getting by on raw athletic ability. Prison changes a person though--believe me I know--and it seems to have shown him what he has to lose, what he has to be grateful for, and what he has to do to be an actual professional. ****ing shame he plays for Philly.

Yeah it's a terrible rule change. Not sure what the thinking is behind it. I guess safety.
Well, I don't think this was Goodell (or not just him).

I think the NFLPA wanted it, too.

IIRC, it was all about player safety. And the NFLPA was definitely on board. And there was talk from Day 1 that it would absolutely ruin the careers of players like Banks, Cribbs, etc.

Don't know why you're laughing at the Lions. They're much improved, leaps and bounds above where they were just a few years ago, most likely better than the Skins (though I'm strangely confident this year), and possibly even a healthy Matt Stafford away from being legitimate wildcard contenders.

They went 4-0 in the preseason, then went 0-16 during the regular season. I'm pretty sure that's what he was referring to there.

(For some reason, starting the year of the 0-16 debacle, I've been following the Lions. As a hobby. I'll never have a "second team" and I don't really root for them, but I love me some Megatron and it's been fun watching them rebuild from the ashes of the worst season in NFL history.)

They've had 10 straight years of losing seasons...their best record over that timespan has been 7-9, and they only did that once lol...they've had 10 years of top 10 draft picks...hell, most of them were probably top 5 draft picks. I'm not sure if "fun" would be the word most Lions fans would use to describe seeing their team go 6-10 two years after going 0-16 :ols:...

Darth Hoodie takes no prisoners. He's incredibly unlikeable but an amazing coach.

I like the Hoodie a lot actually. Easily one of the greatest coaches of all time and a no-BS, 24/7 football guy.

The spy-gate/Bellicheat thing is overplayed. Does everyone really think the Pats are the only team to go to lengths like that to gain a competitive edge?

If so, you're incredibly naive.

Archived