Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers takes some [not so] subtle shots at the Skins

SkinsGuru

I guess Allen broke his crystal ball before free agancy last year. That sucks

Rogers wanted out because he felt the Skins hadn't respected him. The Skins hadn't respected him as much as he wanted because whatever his coverage skills he had horrible hands while he was here.

Carlos could have been great for us, but decided that getting eye surgery to fix his biggest problem wasn't appropriate until he was 30 and on a 1 year deal with the 49ers b/c nobody else would sign him.

Did he legitimately have poor vision and needed eye surgery? I was a fan before he came here so I was here for his entire tenure and I don't remember ever really hearing that. I googled it but could not find any news on it. If true, that's pretty pathetic he didn't just get the damn surgery here. Hell if he had combined his solid coverage here with 4-6 picks per year everyone here would have loved him. Especially if he'd caught that easy pick-6 against the Seahawks in the playoffs.

Are we really a better team without him? Maybe he would've stopped Dez Bryant in the first Cowboys game lol

Now we're talking about the possibility of drafting a CB in the first round and that is definitely a need :doh:

What's with this franchise and treating of their homegrown corners?

Darrel Green gets benched for Deion ****ing Sanders

Champ Bailey gets packaged with a 2nd for Portis

Now Rogers gets let go while we pay Hall big bucks

Now we have to draf tanother CB? Whyyy

wait I don't get it. Why is Carlos Rogers bitter? He's in the NFC Championship game after leaving this **** show. Good for him and he's probably right. If every ex player has pretty much the same story about this place then don't you think that it may be true? Or at the very least be somewhat accurate? There has to be some truth to what these people say.

wait I don't get it. Why is Carlos Rogers bitter? He's in the NFC Championship game after leaving this **** show. Good for him and he's probably right. If every ex player has pretty much the same story about this place then don't you think that it may be true? Or at the very least be somewhat accurate? There has to be some truth to what these people say.

Like who else? Los was pissed that he was tendered and not given a contract his final year. Remember he was broke his final year here. He was a good cover CB playing in a zone scheme, he needed a change of scenery and a man scheme to show his wares. He needs to let it go and so does Redskin fans.

Rogers found a new home. Good for him. I'm glad that he's flourishing in San Francisco and has a chance to go to the Super Bowl. The fact that he's no longer a Redskin doesn't really matter now. If he's reflecting on a unstable franchise that wasn't a consistent winner when he was in Washington, well that's the way the ball bounces in the NFL. So many other players have had it worse than he did. His current team the 49ers haven't been consistent winners either until this season. Rogers just got lucky.

Did he legitimately have poor vision and needed eye surgery? I was a fan before he came here so I was here for his entire tenure and I don't remember ever really hearing that. I googled it but could not find any news on it. If true, that's pretty pathetic he didn't just get the damn surgery here. Hell if he had combined his solid coverage here with 4-6 picks per year everyone here would have loved him. Especially if he'd caught that easy pick-6 against the Seahawks in the playoffs.

I've heard he got Lasik, I've heard he got contacts. Here's Phillip Daniels' comments on it:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/carlos-rogers-phillip-daniels-and-contact-lenses/2011/11/17/gIQAqyhMVN_blog.html

Sure the Skins staff could have pressured Rogers into it, but that's about it. Ultimately it was up to Rogers to get it done, and he decided not to. For as long as he was dogged about it he should've gotten something done. I mean, you don't just magically turn that around at 30 and all of a sudden start catching those INTs. Plus, he wanted a big money long-term deal, which he wasn't going to get because of his age, attitude, and faults in his play. He was good in coverage, but unfortunately the Skins past woes got in his head and he didn't improve under new leadership like other players have.

I think the thing that irks me most about him though is that he dogs the Skins, completely ignoring the fact that no other team in the NFL would give him the deal he wanted and that he had to settle for a 1 year deal w/ the 49ers.

According to 980's Beat Reporter, Carlos was part of the culture problems here, apparently big night life guy among other things, and the skins wanted no part in bringing him back. Also for years, the dude has been talking about money, money, money -- he flat out said he'd play for the team that will pay him the most. so going to a team that respects work, etc to me seems like BS on his end. how many times do we read when players arrive here or anywhere else that they don't expect things to be great/better. It's not like the culture in SF could be that great, winning has escaped them as much as it has escaped us in recent years.

This is what I recall hearing on the Sports Reporter a while back. There were also concerns on how Carlos handled his money also almost Dez Bryant like.

I've heard he got Lasik, I've heard he got contacts. Here's Phillip Daniels' comments on it:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/carlos-rogers-phillip-daniels-and-contact-lenses/2011/11/17/gIQAqyhMVN_blog.html

Sure the Skins staff could have pressured Rogers into it, but that's about it. Ultimately it was up to Rogers to get it done, and he decided not to. For as long as he was dogged about it he should've gotten something done. I mean, you don't just magically turn that around at 30 and all of a sudden start catching those INTs. Plus, he wanted a big money long-term deal, which he wasn't going to get because of his age, attitude, and faults in his play. He was good in coverage, but unfortunately the Skins past woes got in his head and he didn't improve under new leadership like other players have.

I think the thing that irks me most about him though is that he dogs the Skins, completely ignoring the fact that no other team in the NFL would give him the deal he wanted and that he had to settle for a 1 year deal w/ the 49ers.

If that is truly the case it is pretty disheartening. Like I said, if he had simply hung on to a few more footballs a year, he would have been a fan-favorite in my opinion. Would that have changed his opinion of the organization if he wasn't booed so often or hated on by the fans? Possibly, but it's impossible to know. I have a hard time not believing the fan base wouldn't have loved him though if he had sealed a win for us in the playoffs against the Seahawks.

I just don't feel like 'Los cared enough here, he wanted the adulation of the fans and the big bucks, etc., but when push came to shove, he didn't do all he could to improve his game. He went to SF and had to perform and voila!, he does. I am still steaming about this magical transformation, where was this game when you played here 'Los?

Lets see if he does it AFTER getting PAID. I doubt it...LIKE WAS SAID..NO WAY we pay him top corner money and nobody else wanted to either = WAKE UP CALL. He wasn't going to wake up for us.

I don't miss his attitute...I LIKE the direction we're going and the PEOPLE on the Team..More Fletches...

LOS can stay LOST

I really suspect that Rogers may be one of those contract year wonders. He way overvalued himself last season expecting to be paid amongst the elite and was shocked when no one wanted him except at a Vet min type contract. Maybe that's the kick to the arse he needed and he'll be the player he should have been for us, but it's more likely that if he gets paid, he reverts.

Sometimes, people see the light. More often they see the green.

Carlos had very good coverage skills, not so good ball-catching skills while he was here. His replacements don't have the same coverage skills and therefore don't have as much opportunity to show off their ball-catching skills since they're not between the opposing QB and the receiver as often as they were with Rogers.

Too bad he's not here. I previously argued that, of coverage skills and ball-catching skills, in a CB the former is more important. Carlos was coached here and at SF and got better at ball-catching skills at SF. Whatever the coaches put in his head there obviously worked.

Still, as others have suggested, we move on. Just like I did with Antonio Pierce, Ryan Clark, etc.

I agree with most of the posts here. Los needed a wake up call. Not being retained by us and not being coveted by any other teams opened his eyes. He got on a one year deal and did what he didn't to prove himself to be the player we drafted him to be.

But I don't think he would ever be that player for us. He needed to hit the bottom. The well was poisoned when he was told by vets and media how we paid players outside of our organization and not our own. He would have extended that losing culture.

Shanahan and Haslet embraced him when they arrived. Soon they tired of his act. He left and wised up. Good for him. And good for us.

So...

'Los partied like a rock star. He was a locker room issue. Despite the constant poking and prodding of our medical staff, coaches, and other players that ribbed him about it, he simply refused to get his eyes fixed. He blabbed his mouth to any reporter that shoved a friggin' mic in his face. He blew all his money on night clubs and bad investments. His bad eyes attributed directy to his crappy hand-eye coordination and led to dropped picks. And then he claimed he'd essentially go to the team that was the highest bidder, while insisting that he'd want to go to our division rivals to beat us.

Then the league gives him a collective middle finger by him not commanding that "Nnamdi" money that, somehow, by partying and blowing money and running his mouth all the damn time he "earned". San Fransisco basically took a flyer on a 31-year-old party animal with a bad rep around the league (and this kind of **** gets around the league), and all the sudden 'Los gets his eyes fixed. All the sudden he's "team first" and all about work and he's happy to be in a place where's it all about business, now he wants to put in the time to be a pro.

**** Carlos. He's got no reason to *****. All this "well if the fans hadn't been so hard on him..." stuff. So what? Man up, you frakking punk. Use it as motivation. Don't complain about fans being mad that you dropped interceptions on Sunday and the Redskins "disrespected you", then slack off all ****ing week, ignore coaches and medical staff request to get your damn eyes fixed, and then party up the Friday night/Saturday morning before the game, and then be SHOCKED when a pick falls in your FRAKKING HANDS like a gift from the heavens, and you drop it like that club rat that acted like you were the hotness when really you're more like hot garbage.

The guy was everything that was wrong with the old Redskins organization. It's so funny that the jokers and jackwads and frauds and jerks like Los and Devin Thomas go elsewhere and talk about how "it's all about work" when the a-holes were the ones who were partying and slacking off the hardest. Just more proof that good things happen to bad, lazy people. Fletcher barely makes a Pro Bowl as an alternate despite YEARS of consistency, 'Los makes it after one good year when he finally decided to not be a giant tool bag. Both these clowns have a chance to be in a Super Bowl too. But yeah, they go elsewhere, and bad mouth the Redskins, talking about how "here's more professional, it's more about work"...

Well, what the hell do you think it's about? Did you think being a pro football player was all night clubs and music videos by C-grade American Idol "winners"? Of course you did, you dumb, silly ****s. But NOW it's about work.

I have no sympathy for 'Los. Doesn't have a frakking thing to complain about. Didin't when he got signed by the Niners, didn't when we played him and the Niners were doing great and we were playing John Beck, and doesn't now.

And I'm even more mad at the jerks who talk about how we "wronged" Los. Yeah, we wronged him by paying him tons of money to do a job he was only every sort of average at, letting him party in the club anytime we want him, got mad at him when he dropped picks because he couldn't see the ball, and then wouldn't pay him a salary he didn't earn. Yeah, we wronged HIM alright. Us fans were just too hard on him, and the coaches never "respected" him. Yeah, that was the problem.

It wasn't that he was a selfish, unmotivated, lazy bum or anything like that. Yeah, it was ALL the Redskins and the fans. Sure. Let's go with that.

Archived