Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers takes some [not so] subtle shots at the Skins

SkinsGuru

I am sure there's an element of truth to Carlos' veiled accusations but I also think the main culprits are gone or will be gone soon. From what I have gathered we're talking about a few high-profile guys who set a tone for nightlife and prima dona locker room tactics. If I were to name 2 I'd probably go with Clinton Portis on the offensive side and Albert Haynesworth on the defense. If any still remain I'd look for them to conform or be tossed by season's end. Shanahan has his faults but he doesn't tolerate loafers.

Amen and true that. Get out the cancers. It's what you have to do to win and for a team to have a team attitude.

Good luck Carlos. War Damn Eagle!

Didn't really say anything that bad...that is what the old regime was...pay through the nose for a free agent and not reward your players and it caused dissension... Portis set a bad precedence of money tied up in one position, his relationship with the owner etc. it was very dysfunctional during Carlos' years. I don't care for los' attitude regardless but he was part of the culture problem that existed. Glad it appears those elements are being removed and those days are behind us.

What Carlos fails to point out is that he was one of the guys here who was a problem, and now about 75% of his comrades from the disasterous 2009 team are gone. He was just one more piece of garbage that needed to be put on curb for someone else to pick up (or not). Those players who didn't want to work, the superstars, they're for the most part gone. So in essence, he's correct in his statements, just ironic that he actually describing himself.

Seems like too many of our ex-players are doing this...

Los is a little smarter than I gave him credit for. That is how it's gone with the Skins ever since The Dan came to town. Read somewhere a long time ago that The Dan loved hanging out with big football names eating steaks and smoking cigars. Also read that those name players had a direct pipeline to Snyder that at times had the effect of undermining the coaching staff. Vinny kept his job for so long because he feed The Dan's ego by bringing in a steady stream of names The Dan could hangout with.

Those days now seem to be over which is a good thing.

“I wanted something new, an environment that is not (revolving) around superstars and who’s the next player coming to the team,” Rogers said Friday. “I needed a change out of Washington and just wanted a group of guys willing to work and get better. This team is hungry, and the attitude of this team, I wanted to be part of that.”

“Guys are willing to work here, and everybody is on the same page...”

carlos is full of it. i see through this guy's statements every time he talks.

look around at redskins park, the culture has been changing since shanahan took over. its now a hungry team with a good attitude, and everyone is willing to work. this is exactly what carlos said he wanted. the truth is, he didnt want that. bottome line, he was feeling underappreciated and not getting the big money, he thought he was better than he was. its all he friggin talks about.

he has made sly, underhanded comments to his coaching staff, fellow players, and fans for a long time. he faked an injury last season so he didnt have to play. these are big no-no's.

i would say good luck in san fracisco, but you were as ******* most of the time here. i look forward to skins vs. 49ers.

Maybe Carol could have been a "Superstar" with the Redskins if he could hold on to some INTs. Especially the one in the 2005 NFC Wildcard Game in Seattle, that was been a pick 6 that would have put the Skins up 10-0. Instead the Chickens go down field score a TD and never look back.

Yeah, the most telling thing about Rogers is where he was ranked by GMs across this league. Good corners are a premium. He had to settle for a one year deal. No one really wanted him. Average coverage corner with below average hands.

If I recall correctly throws targeted at his receiver were completed 75% of the time. That's sounds really bad. In addition, he's a quitter.

Archived