Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers takes some [not so] subtle shots at the Skins

SkinsGuru

Seems like too many of our ex-players are doing this...

“I wanted something new, an environment that is not (revolving) around superstars and who’s the next player coming to the team,” Rogers said Friday. “I needed a change out of Washington and just wanted a group of guys willing to work and get better. This team is hungry, and the attitude of this team, I wanted to be part of that.”
“Guys are willing to work here, and everybody is on the same page...”

Read Full Article

hate to say it, but he kinda has a point. for the longest time it almost seemed like we couldnt wait until the offseason to see which big name we brought in.......Luckily it seems like we are righting the ship and starting to head in the right direction, however he "grew" up in this league with that state of mind and no matter what direction we take now, it will always be what he thinks of us. first impressions are often lasting ones.

This team will always look towards free agency. I think the fans and the team has bought that free agency spending is a must but its moving towards building thru the draft and finding missing pieces in FA instead of finding the next leader throughout FA

Who are the big names that have been brought in the last couple of years in FA?

Yes there was the trade for McNabb but I saw that more as trying to sure up the QP situation in a hurry. Any players that were not thought to work out are gone and the team now is largely young and there was no flashy signings

I am sure there's an element of truth to Carlos' veiled accusations but I also think the main culprits are gone or will be gone soon. From what I have gathered we're talking about a few high-profile guys who set a tone for nightlife and prima dona locker room tactics. If I were to name 2 I'd probably go with Clinton Portis on the offensive side and Albert Haynesworth on the defense. If any still remain I'd look for them to conform or be tossed by season's end. Shanahan has his faults but he doesn't tolerate loafers.

Wahhhh...those meanie Redskins wouldn't give me the contract I wanted. :rolleyes:

They wanted me to actually catch footballs that hit me in the hands even though I play defense. :ols:

IMO we will not miss his playless abilities one bit. Another below average player just talking and just not producing.

hate to say it, but he kinda has a point. for the longest time it almost seemed like we couldnt wait until the offseason to see which big name we brought in.......Luckily it seems like we are righting the ship and starting to head in the right direction, however he "grew" up in this league with that state of mind and no matter what direction we take now, it will always be what he thinks of us. first impressions are often lasting ones.

Really pertinent point there 2S, rooks are affected by their environment when they come into the league, especially when they join a roster that is not held accountable or acting professional. They are forced to actually grow in spite of their teammates in some ways.

I wonder how many decent players we have ruined over the years by not having the type of structured, responsible atmosphere and expectations that other teams take for granted.

According to 980's Beat Reporter, Carlos was part of the culture problems here, apparently big night life guy among other things, and the skins wanted no part in bringing him back. Also for years, the dude has been talking about money, money, money -- he flat out said he'd play for the team that will pay him the most. so going to a team that respects work, etc to me seems like BS on his end. how many times do we read when players arrive here or anywhere else that they don't expect things to be great/better. It's not like the culture in SF could be that great, winning has escaped them as much as it has escaped us in recent years.

The thing about Rogers is that he never got better as a player. In fact, you could make an argument that he was regressing as a defensive back over the past two years.

I think he's probably right about the star culture and the unprofessionalism that went on around here, but he also needs to look in a mirror. He's speaking about his own attitude and effort. The guy quit on his team because he was afraid it would hurt his future contract. Guess what, quitting on your team hurt your future contract.

The truth hurts. That is the way this team use to be. Things have changed. Last year haynesworth was hung out dry becasue he wouldnt work. Samething with Mcnabb. I think Carlos sees the changes that were made this year and is probley a little frustrated. I wounder if the team ever offered a new contract to him.

I wonder how much of the relationship between Rogers and the team was stressed because of the team. Rogers may actually have some good points. Yes, the guy couldn't catch a cold in Siberia, but he was a good player and I'll miss him on this team. Glad he was able to be picked up by a decent squad.

Isn't that what every Redskins player says after they leave here. Doubt it's just Rogers taking shots, just speaking the truth.

speaking of truth....

IMG_0648.jpg

hold_my_heart_by_Braq.jpg

Rogers is great and all, but eight interceptions in six seasons?

What's the deal with that?

Rogers, the 49ers' recently signed cornerback, was asked today about a possible reason for his modest interception total. In Washington, there was plenty of talk about his hands, which would have secured more plenty of more picks had they been more reliable.

Are the criticisms of his hands fair, Rogers was asked today?

"I don't think it's fair," Rogers said. "I have dropped some balls and I'm hard on myself about that. You know, (former Redskins defensive coordinator) Gregg Williams always told me if you don't catch it, you make sure that receiver doesn't catch it. And I think I did a good job my whole career, if I didn't catch the ball, my receiver wasn't making plays, wasn't scoring touchdowns. That's my whole thing: Make sure I'm tackling, make sure my man doesn't catch that ball."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/08/05/SP7B1KK4P0.DTL#ixzz1UFqx1WOU

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it true that the Redskins didn't offer Stone Hands a contract? He sort of had no choice in the matter and was not invited back to Washington. I love it how he now tries to imply the Skins wanted him but HE decided to go elsewhere.

Another bum that should never have been drafted as high as he was and should have been replaced long ago.

Good riddance.

Archived