Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers takes some [not so] subtle shots at the Skins

SkinsGuru

Carlos Rogers in a nutshell:

A guy who was pretty solid in coverage, but never, ever was able to make a big play when his team needed it. In crunchtime, he almost always gave up big plays, somewhat due to the fact that he'd play way off of his guy at times, creating a 10+ yard cushion. I think I read somewhere that he has a career total of 8 int's, which I probably have to go back and check, but if that's accurate, than he should have at least 20 more, because it seemed like he averaged about 3-5 drops per season.

He, like alot of our former players, will probably go on and maybe have one very good year, but will inevitably descend into mediocrity and never be heard from again.

Who are the big names that have been brought in the last couple of years in FA?

Yes there was the trade for McNabb but I saw that more as trying to sure up the QP situation in a hurry. Any players that were not thought to work out are gone and the team now is largely young and there was no flashy signings

Last year we got Larry Johnson, Willie Parker, Phillip Buchanon, Joey Galloway, McNabb, Jamal Brown. Looking back now, we could say that these are not the big names that we have gone after in the past that, however at the time, the fan base had huge expectations over these players. But the biggest "Splash" that we made last year was Mike Shanahan, Kyle Shanahan, Jim and Hasslett.

This off-season HAS been different, but I don't think last years was.

“I wanted something new, an environment that is not (revolving) around superstars and who’s the next player coming to the team,” Rogers said Friday. “I needed a change out of Washington and just wanted a group of guys willing to work and get better. This team is hungry, and the attitude of this team, I wanted to be part of that.”

Kind of ironic that there is an article in the Post saying that that's the kind of team this is.

hate to say it, but he kinda has a point. for the longest time it almost seemed like we couldnt wait until the offseason to see which big name we brought in.......Luckily it seems like we are righting the ship and starting to head in the right direction, however he "grew" up in this league with that state of mind and no matter what direction we take now, it will always be what he thinks of us. first impressions are often lasting ones.

Youre right, Who are we signing this offseason???? Now the Eagles did that this year....we'll see how they fair but Im sure it will be better then us year after year of doing the same thing. The question is...if they are sucessful doing it, then everybody hear saying "bout time we do things the right way" will be eating crow. Truth is there isnt any "blueprint" or "right way" on building a team. If we go this direction and it doesnt work....then what???? JKC shoulda put a clause in the purchase they needed to keep his name on HIS stadium.....KARMA

Carlos has a point that he has been saying for years. He said that he felt that the team needed to take care of the guys that have been here through the low times that have done everything asked of them. The problem with him is that he didn't do everything they asked of him. His job is to shutdown the best WR's and create turnovers. Well he didn't do that. He may of shutdown WR's but he never created turnovers because of his "Stone Hands." All of the guys that play or have played the CB position and have been labeled "Shutdown Corners" could catch. Deion Sanders, Champ Bailey, Darrell Revis, Darrell Green, and Asamough. Interceptions reverse momentum of the other teams. Batted Down passes just gives the other team another chance to maker a play. So if Carlos Rogers thinks that technique is just as good as intercepting the ball he is delusional. Even Ade Jimoh could catch the ball thrown right at him and he wasn't even a good CB.

It's obvious Rogers was frustrated by the Free Agency period because he didn't get what he wanted, making it clear he was not nearly as good as he thinks he is, and he felt the need to take those frustrations out on the team that realized they had to let him walk. 'Nuff said.

According to 980's Beat Reporter, Carlos was part of the culture problems here, apparently big night life guy among other things, and the skins wanted no part in bringing him back. Also for years, the dude has been talking about money, money, money -- he flat out said he'd play for the team that will pay him the most. so going to a team that respects work, etc to me seems like BS on his end. how many times do we read when players arrive here or anywhere else that they don't expect things to be great/better. It's not like the culture in SF could be that great, winning has escaped them as much as it has escaped us in recent years.

Always expect "Sour Grapes" from someone with no class, when their time is up. I knew Carlos "Stone-hands" Rogers would take a few parting shots on his way out of town. Well, he definitely won't have to worry about the environment in SF revolving around "superstars" because as of right now, there arent any proven superstars to speak of on their roster. I mean... C'mon... Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis and Frank Gore are definitely bona fide all-pros but I don't think any of those guys is a "superstar" at this point in their careers. "Brick-mits" wasnt a star here and he will never be a star anywhere else either. Deion Sanders was just inducted into the Hall of Fame primarily because he was a multifaceted player. Prime returned kicks for TD's, interceptions for TD's and his hands were so soft he even played a little WR when his team's were willing to risk a fluke injury. Carlos Rogers couldn't play WR for a youth flag football team. I think Rogers will always be bitter that everybody else but him found a way to benefit from Dan Snyder's generosity, while he was here. He must have believed his agent when he told him he was worth "Darrelle Revis Money" but free agency came and went and uh... he wasnt exactly recruited with the same intensity that teams showed when they went after Asomugha. If he had some of those pick-6 opportunities back he blew or if he could go back and catch a few of those game winning interceptions that he dropped, not only would he have probably gotten the payday he so desperately covets and in his delusional little mind thinks he's entitled to, he might have had a slim shot at joining Prime Time in the Hall. Well, we all know thats impossible at this point so it would be nice if C.R. would just shut his fat mouth and prove us all wrong with his play. But please don't hold your breath waiting for that miracle to happen...

Seems like too many of our ex-players are doing this...

Read Full Article

Carlos "LOSER" Rogers was not re-signed for good reason. Josh Wilson is younger, better, faster, and more gifted than Carlos. Mike called him a complete DB, and that is not something ANYONE can say about Carlos.

Carlos keep running your mouth, and soon you find a Terp, Vernon Davis, sticking his foot where the don't shine. Let's see what you can do for the 49ers. The Skins' fan were somewhat forgiving. The 49er fans aren't!

I think we have a much better chance at suffering sellers remorse with Haynesworth. Even if Carlos has a great season, his 49ers aren't likely to do much this year. Carlos with us wouldn't be worth much.

Eh, not to potentially derail the thread, but for me personally, I will always be a little salty about the way the Haynesworth situation was handled, for the simple fact that it was evident that he wasn't going to to do a damn thing here, and we had a chance to ship him out of here for a 2nd-3rd rounder, and instead got a 5th a year later. That one is going to sting for awhile.

Rogers was a number 5 pick and he was not worth it. Can't wait to see how he plays this year for the 49ers. He did not get a lot of offers this season. Maybe he will wake up this year.

I will not miss him one bit. If he does not perform this year then Harbaugh will cut him. Lets see where he plays next year.

He gave his opinion, and now we can move on.

Carlos did his best while he was here and now he gets a chance to make a new start. Best of luck to him.

You can't really blame him for where he was drafted or for wanting to make as much money as he can. Can you?

No idea why so many turn on our players after they leave, or even while they're here. These guys can't hire themselves, someone made a decision to bring them on the team. Most players except Fat Albert give their all. Why do some actually hate them if they aren't good enough or are not able to fit our system.

The only time I have issues with players is when there is a lack of effort, and I don't think that was the case with Carlos.

Isn't that what every Redskins player says after they leave here. Doubt it's just Rogers taking shots, just speaking the truth.

As much as I didn't really like Rogers, those are seemingly pretty generic statements. And truthfully, it's nothing we didn't already know. It seems like just about every player that WANTS to leave the team their on says something like this about the team they left when they arrive on the new team. I believe McNabb said some things about the Eagles when he came here that got viewed as "shots" at them while TC last year, so...take it for what it's worth. It's fairly standard for players to say things like this.

so many players that have come and gone from here have made similar comments. redskins are the laughing stock of the League. no team is more looked down upon than the skins. that's just the way it is and will continue to be until snyder sells the team.

I disagree. Regardless of your opinion of Snyder, the Redskins will do away with that reputation when they start winning games.

Archived