Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Adam Schefter: Arizona trades Tim Hightower to Skins for Vonnie Holliday and pick

VetMinimum+Incentives

Wow, we just lopped another ten years off of the average age of redskin players.

Noticed I havnt seen OLDFAN around, he was preaching about players under 30.

We have have gone from having one of the oldest rosters to one of the youngest.

Now if they can play, then the future will be bright.

As for those commenting about our draft picks losing reps, just remember it's all about

competition,if they show they cannot play NFL football, then we really don't want them.

To be fair to OLDMAN, it's a human tendency to post on what you disagree with, rather than clutter a thread with "attaboy" and "me too" posts. I wouldn't blame him not posting in every thread he agreed with.

Honestly wouldn't mind. I really want to see Helu and Royster get their chances. With Hightower one of them most likely doesn't make the roster.

Agreed, but for me its Helu and the forgotten man, James Davis.

Royster is still a head scratcher to me, after watching film on all three. But I suppose Shanny has his reasons for drafting him, just hope they weren't all character related.

To be fair to OLDMAN, it's a human tendency to post on what you disagree with, rather than clutter a thread with "attaboy" and "me too" posts. I wouldn't blame him not posting in every thread he agreed with.

Its a human tendency Oldfan takes to a near unhealthy extreme. Point well made, though.

can we ever go through just 1 year without trading away draft picks

When I last checked we went into last years draft with few picks and came out with 12 players.....

Anyway I like the move. You need to run the NFCE to keep the defenses honest. Shanny wants to run the ball and that was a priority going into this season.

This is a very good, smart pick up. With Torains injury history, Hightower becomes a schematical fit and and very good back up. I imagine Helu will get some kind of carries as well. Royster will likely end up on the PS, but I think this means the end of Young. I think we're turning away from the true FB on the roster, and moving Big Mike to TE with the idea that if we do go I-formation he can fill in as the fullback. I think we'll carry four running backs this year: Torain, Hightower, Helu, Williams.

Love this move. Said it a year ago we should trade for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the starting role. Great team player, with a great attitude. Perfect for this system. Welcome home!

-EHS alum. (went to high school with Tim, awesome genuine one of a kind type of guy. He will become a fan favorite.)

That would scuttle the deal, wouldn't it? Even if he signed than retired before the season started?

no, I'm pretty sure that if he showed in Arizona and then retired the deal would go through. Though if he only ran through one practice the Cards might contact the league

Curious to know why Holliday would play one more year for us, while preferring to retire than play for the Cardinals, who are surely the frontrunners to win their division

DOesn't want to move for one year, have to learn a new D, who knows

Have seen a few games with Hightower and was impressed. I thought he could catch well and RAC was impressive. I thought "who is this guy,..Not bad at all." I believe this was one of the major problems with offense last year. Shanny likes receiving backs and all ours dropped too many passes and could not catch down field. With Eagles secondary we may need this matchup with backers.

Anybody hear anything about the chances Cromartie signs here?

I don't see the Redskins connected with Antonio's name in any searches on his free agency. I know this doesn't mean much but thought I'd reply. Right now it looks like Jets, Raiders, Niners.

Have seen a few games with Hightower and was impressed. I thought he could catch well and RAC was impressive. I thought "who is this guy,..Not bad at all." I believe this was one of the major problems with offense last year. Shanny likes receiving backs and all ours dropped too many passes and could not catch down field. With Eagles secondary we may need this matchup with backers.

Excellent comment about exploiting Philly's perceived weakness at LB. Plus, I hear Hightower is a very good blocker as well. He sounds like an ideal 3rd down back.

I don't know what the conditional pick is so I can't say if I'm happy about this or not. Vonnie for Hightower makes sense to me because of age and the fact K Williams never impressed me. I figured he wouldn't make the team anyway. So now it's Torrain, Hightower, and one or two of the rookies depending on special teams ability. If it's a 4th or 5th I'm not all that thrilled. If it's a 6th or 7th I like it.

Wouldn't 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks be considered middle round picks? 6th and 7th round picks seem more like late round picks to me. back to the trade... even if its a 5th rounder, we would be hard pressed to find a back with Hightower's skills and ability in the 5th round of any draft but I do understand your concern because we've got to do a better job of stockpiling picks going forward. BTW... Torain may be our starter and Hightower is probably more of a solid 3rd down option at this point in his career. What worries me about Torain is his durability. Can he stay healthy for a full season? If not Helu and Royster should be decent RB's but are they ready to start in the NFL right now? Maybe/Maybe not... That's what makes this a smart trade. It remains to be seen whether or not it will be considered a good trade eventually.

Archived